As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Since we're not going to agree that "Jump AIDS" was a great change even without a sov rebalance, it's fortunate that we're about to get one anyway!

I think it's a great change, to be fair.

(Although it's currently a very convenient 10.7 LY between Dek's hub systems and Merchi's home station, so I may have some personal grumblings given my budget only accords a Rorq)

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Nice snipe f... friend.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • CoruscaCorusca defy the tyrannous stars New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Looks like Phoebe is making waves in null geography before its even released. I think its fair to say that, for better or worse, the next few weeks are going to be a very exciting time to play Eve.

Corusca on
    no gods
    no masters
    Corusca wrote: »
    Looks like Phoebe is making waves in null geography before its even released. I think its fair to say that, for better or worse, the next few weeks are going to be a very exciting time to play Eve.

Yeah - everyone's relocating, basically all treaties are off the table.

This gon' be gooooood.

--Mark Twain
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Corusca wrote: »

I for one was rather disappointed to find that INIT was relocating to Sendaya instead of G-0

No money tree for poor Malcy :(

Money trees for all, were back in curse !

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Am I going to have to lose another Ishtar running around stupidly the next time I get around to playing.

Literally have to, I am incapable of making good decisions when relocating.

A common syndrome. I limited my losses to an Ares this time around, which isn't too bad in relation to 3 carrierloads of T2 & T3 ships, 1 dread and 5 faction BS.

Unlike our dear leader, who lost a JF with 30 bill of cargo... :/

A common syndrome. I limited my losses to an Ares this time around, which isn't too bad in relation to 3 carrierloads of T2 & T3 ships, 1 dread and 5 faction BS.

Unlike our dear leader, who lost a JF with 30 bill of cargo... :/

whooooops.

Don't drink and jump, kids.

--Mark Twain
    hahah he's getting annoyed at me when I troll him about it

[19:06:04] Malcanis > I'd just like to point out that in the move op fleets that <b><i>I </b></i>was in, no one lost so much as a cyno ship, let alone a 38B JF
    [19:06:18] Malcanis > Yet I get no thanks :(
    [19:08:09] Sister Bliss > when you have to move a whole alliance and you also have a rl, losing shit like a JF is a reality when you need to make 300 JF runs

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I could have moved it over for him. Next time have him just contact over the whole jf...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    The underlying joke is that whenever I join a fleet, there is never a fight. To the point where I am now offering my services to mission fleets and freighter ops & such.

(Also I offer to drop fleet for a reasonable consideration, such as 50M ISK per member)

That reminds me of yesterday, I burned from the edge of Branch to YA0 and then blawrf drops into mumble and says "Nope, go home."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Well obviously you'll have to establish a consistent track record before you can start asking for ISK, but that's a good start

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    So I have finally settled down enough in life again to pick this up again, reupped my accounts on the 10day thing and lo and behold, I'm stuck in UEJX in a pubbie corp, yay : b

you should be able to re-apply

Failing that if you've been away 6 months+ you can petition the GMs to move you and the ship you're in to a hi-sec station of your choice.

Choose your ship carefully.

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular

Failing that if you've been away 6 months+ you can petition the GMs to move you and the ship you're in to a hi-sec station of your choice.

I sent Menta a mail but I have no idea if he is still playing, it's been like 3 years D:

Junpei wrote: »

I sent Menta a mail but I have no idea if he is still playing, it's been like 3 years D:

@Anehii‌

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So how long do standings/wardecs linger after you drop corp? Went ahead and left merchi since I was having roughly zero motivation to try and get set up for doing stuff in nullsec, and am wondering if/when it will be safe to undock in the land of OH GOD ALL THESE NEUTRALS IN LOCAL.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    edited November 2014
    Its never safe. Nullsec is the only place that is.

Edit: More constructively, once your character info shows you in whatever NPC corp they dump you in, you should be safe.

Brody on

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Which doesn't mean you won't get exploded.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    Well, yes, you can always be shot. But I think he was more worried about getting hit by people who had wardecced GSF, which is a valid concern. I assume they wear off once your [CONDI] tags wear off. Although, you can always just scroll through local, and as long as no one is flagged as a war dec target, your safe from that brand of hunting.

• EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    So I have finally settled down enough in life again to pick this up again, reupped my accounts on the 10day thing and lo and behold, I'm stuck in UEJX in a pubbie corp, yay : b

:corgisiren:

I just updated the second post with recruitment info. Read that, do what it says, rejoin MRCHI.

edited November 2014

reposting second post here so people actually see it

This is the annual G&T recruitment thread currently just a post for Merch Industrial, a Penny Arcade corporation in Eve Online. We've been going strong for 8 years and it is never too late to join!

Looking for a community pvp and sandbox based MMO? Looking for a multiplayer game where you personally can have a permanent impact? Looking to make people scream in fury over some pixels? Then play Eve Online: An Internet Spaceship Game!

Eve Online is a sci-fi spaceship-based MMO launched by the Icelandic developer CCP Games in 2003. Heavily influenced by the classic Escape Velocity series, the player takes the role of an interstellar pilot travelling the galaxy in a variety of ships, collecting assets, running missions, and engaging in trade, industry and warfare. Ships are purchased and fit out with a huge variety of weapons and modules for different roles. Gameplay is sharply geared towards group play, with players joining together to form ‘corporations’, and corporations forming alliances and coalitions. Player factions aren’t hard-coded as in other MMOs; player-run organizations, diplomacy, economics, territorial control, and warfare drive the game.

How to Enjoy EVE

EVE is best enjoyed in some combination of these two ways:

First, you can simply pick a thing that interests you and do that thing. There are lots of options (link to this: http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/). If this describes you, great! Our alliance has an interest group dedicated to most of those things, players knowledgable about most of those things, and resources to help you do most of those things. Think of this as “playing” EVE.

Second, you can treat EVE as a hobby and only log in when something interesting is happening. This is basically the default state for EVE players who are inactive, who are busy in real life, who don’t have a specific in-game goal, who are currently more interested in some other game (Diablo 3Civ:BE, currently), or who only really like making spaceships explode. If this describes you, just hang out in Jabber, talk about all of those non-EVE things, play other games with people, and log in whenever something interesting is about to go down. Think of this as more like a huge gaming social group that happens to have active EVE accounts.

Some combination of these two approaches is probably how and why most of us enjoy and stick with EVE.

Joining Merch Industrial

Merch Industrial is currently looking for new players who want to hang out with other spaceship nerds and fly in fleets that range from roaming gangs with a handful of pilots to massive fleet battles with thousands of participants. There’s a lot more to EVE - it is a huge sandbox of a game with a ton of things that you can do - and we’re focused on letting you have the most fun possible with the least possible effort.

How does this work? First, we give you a free 21 day trial. Then we’ll give you all the ships and skills and info that you need, also for free. All you need to do is hang out with us in Jabber (a chat client) and, whenever there is a broadcast for a fleet that you’re interested in, you log in and join it. Simple! If you want to try out other parts of EVE, awesome, we’ll help you do that too.

After 21 days you’ll need to buy a subscription. The cost is $15 for a single month or as low as $10 per month using longer subscription plans. If you created your account using a buddy link from this post, and then use real money to buy your subscription, we’ll give you an in-game item that you can apply to your account for an additional 30 days of gametime. That works out to about $15 for your first 81 days.

Create an EVE Online Account
    1. PM one of the following people for a trial account invitation: Anehii, Ellthiteren, (If you want your name here, and will give the full PLEX reward to newbies, send me a PM)
    2. Click on the link they send to you and follow the process to create your 21 day trial account.
    3. Download and install EVE.

Getting Started in New Eden
    1. Create your character. None of the decisions you make at this point have any lasting impact on the things you can do in-game, so go with whatever you like the most.
    2. Apply to a corporation. Since you are reading this thread, please consider applying to Merch Industrial (see the next section).
    3. DO THE TUTORIALS! They will take several hours to complete but are very highly recommended. Exception: If you get bored or stuck, skip them.
    4. -First you have the Introductory Tutorials: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Tutorial
    5. -Then you have the Career Agents: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Career_Agents
    6. ---Business will teach you how to buy things, sell things, contract things, and generally use the in-game market.
    7. ---Industry will teach you how to mine, salvage, and build things.
    8. ---Military will teach you how to shoot things.
    9. ---Advanced military will teach how to do shoot things even better.
    10. ---Exploration will teach you how to scan, how to use probes, and how to find things in space.

Joining Merch Industrial
    1. Make a post in this thread - yes, the one you are reading right now - that states your EVE character’s name. For example, I would post “My EVE character’s name is Kael Attrell and I am applying to Merch Industrial.”
    2. If you don’t currently have a Penny Arcade forum account, create one! Then make a post in this thread that states your character’s name and the reason you’re special. Possible reasons that you are special include (a) you have a sponsor, (b) you are a PAX enforcer, (c) you are a long-time PA forum lurker, (d) you really love PAX / spaceships / something about Penny Arcade. For example, I would post “My EVE character’s name is Kael Attrell and I am being sponsored by Drain.”
    3. Apply to Merch Industrial in-game:
      First, open the People and Places screen: http://i.imgur.com/Htqc6lP.png
      Second, find Merch Industrial: http://i.imgur.com/1wnTf7V.png
      Third, submit your application. For example, I would say “My PA forum name is Ellthiteren and I have posted in the MRCHI recruitment thread.”
      Fourth, wait until your application is processed. You will receive an in-game mail (Evemail) when this happens. While you wait, do the tutorials. Then do the Sisters of EVE epic mission arc (go to Arnon IX - Moon 3 - Sisters of EVE Bureau and talk to the agent named Sister Alitura).
      Fifth, accept your application: http://i.imgur.com/uTir98k.png
      The moment you join MRCHI you are vulnerable to anyone we’re at war with, so remain docked and take care of the next couple steps.
    4. Now that you are a member of MRCHI, go to https://auth.goonfleet.com/.
    5. If you are a new member, click on “I DO NOT have an account I am registering under a Member Corp or I am an Ally”. Follow the directions from there.
    6. If you are a returning member, click on “I HAVE an account and I am in a Member Corp or I am an Ally and I need to regain my access”. Follow the directions from there.
    7. If you have any problems, post in this thread for help.
    8. Visit the alliance forums at https://goonfleet.com/ and log in. If you managed to forget your log-in information already, you can find it here: https://goonfleet.com/esa/. You need to be logged in to the forum to access certain alliance resources, such as the wiki.
    9. Set up Mumble by following the directions at this link: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Mumble. Though we don’t generally idle on Mumble, you can usually find someone in our channel (Corp Channels --> MRCHI).
    10. Set up Jabber by following the directions at this link: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Jabber. If you choose to use Pidgin as your Jabber client, more specific instructions may be found here: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Jabber_Clients_Pidgin. Once you have Jabber set up, join the “mrchi” channel and set it to auto-join and persistent. Once you are in Jabber, it will be easy for you to find help for any of the remaining steps. BEING IN JABBER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS ENTIRE POST. GET IN JABBER AND IDLE IN JABBER AND LOVE JABBER.
    11. Create a forum account at http://forums.merchindustrial.org/ using your EVE character’s name (NOT your Penny Arcade forum name). Ask in the mrchi Jabber channel for someone to auth your MRCHI forum account so you can start (and never stop) posting.

ONCE YOU HAVE MRCHI FORUM ACCESS, READ THIS POST FOR MORE INFO: http://forums.merchindustrial.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8672

You Had Me At Spaceships
    Assuming that you follow the Merch Industrial Newbie Skill Plan, here’s what you can expect from your first three months in-game:

ED6th.png

Seriously though, these are the ships you'll end up flying:
    (Effin is lazy, but someday he will make a picture to post here and will probably get a carrier in return)

fvDZoCN.png
    Week 1: You’ll start off flying a Slasher, which can lock down enemy ships and prevent them from escaping. You’ll then gain access to a Vigil, which target paints enemy ships and makes them much easier to shoot. Finally, you’ll be able to fly a Maulus, which reduces the lock range of enemy ships and stops them from doing much of anything. These ships are all welcome on pretty much any fleet.

bJpo8S3.png
    Weeks 2 and 3: You’ll be able to use the Celestis, which is basically a cruiser-sized Maulus. It makes people seriously angry when their huge battleship can't even lock a primary target, all because of your cute little cruiser. You’ll also be able to use the Thorax, which is unambiguously phallus-shaped and does a lot of damage. If you're reading Penny Arcade, you really shouldn't need any more encouragement to be excited about flying one of these! Then, if you’re interested, you’ll learn to use a Noctis, which allows you to make a decent amount of money through salvaging; a Probe, which allows you to scan down exploration sites and be a more effective scout for fleets; and an Epithal, an industrial ship that will allow you to haul Planetary Interaction products from your planet to a station.

PF3CJlg.png
    Week 4: You’ll be able to use an Exequror cruiser, which allow you to be a space-priest and repair the armor of other ships in your fleet. The skills you train will also make your other ships a lot more effective. These things are awesome in basically any armor-based fleet and people will absolutely love you for flying them!

bScpE2g.png
    Weeks 5 and 6: You’ll be able to use a Burst and a Scythe, which allow you to be a space-priest and repair the shields of other ships in your fleet. These skills will also make your other ships a lot more effective. These things are awesome in basically any shield-based fleet and people will absolutely love you for flying them, too!

ZPllwCS.png
    Weeks 7 and 8: You’ll polish off your drone skills, making most of your ships that much more awesome. Drones are basically one to five little mini-mes that swarm around and do horrible things to enemy ships. These skills will also allow you to use a Vexor Navy Issue to make money in-game with relatively little effort.

I5zrI4J.png
    Weeks 9 and on: We strongly encourage you to train for an Interceptor, so you can zoom around New Eden with not a care in the world. Seriously, these things are fast. After that, there are a bunch of different paths for you to choose: get a Heavy Assault Cruiser for loads of damage, or a Stealth Bomber for stealthy...bombing...or an Assault Frigate for being basically unkillable or seriously there's like a zillion things you can do.

2maiIAf.png
    Week 26: Statistically speaking, people who play for this long never truly quit EVE. By this point you’ll also be able to fly either a specialized Tech 2 Cruiser or a very well-fit Battleship.

Ellthiteren on
    Welp, I'm off to cuddle with my rorqual and help her get through a tough night :cry:

--Mark Twain
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Farewell, plex-running dread.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Hold on to your butts.

no gods
    no masters
    Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
    That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart. His passport shall be made,
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse.
    We would not die in that man’s company

edited November 2014
    (8:20:02 AM) <somedude>: apparently 13 carriers, 2 wyverns and a leviathan arent quite enough to shit up the entire jump-in sphere

Gate-camping titans.

The end is nigh!

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
    Well, thats your problem, needs more Ragnaroks.

So many skills training I've gone mad with power!

no gods
    no masters
    Inorite? I logged in, and now my que is at 132 days.

I'm about to set the entire set of fleet boosting skills on both my accounts, I'll see you all in three months or whenever the first carrier roam is!

And in totally EVE-related news, Muliphen is a hero and felt bad about me getting left out of the MRCHI Diablo 3 crew due to my bandwidth limits, so he mailed it to me:

QZ575At.png

I don't even have to inject anything for like two months. Why do I need to log in anymore?

no gods
    no masters
    edited November 2014
    I don't see any mooses :colbert:

Edit: You log in so you can spin ships.

Brody on

The palm tree stamps are a nice touch.

Rub it in, beach bum. :mad:

--Mark Twain
    @V1m‌ I don't think the Phoebe mess is quite St. Crispin's Day Speech caliber.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
    Drain wrote: »
    @V1m‌ I don't think the Phoebe mess is quite St. Crispin's Day Speech caliber.

You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it might be.

Ok, if you want to mumble the speech from Braveheart every time you go take a shit then be my guest.

N9pjfAk.png