As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I think the Green Lantern oath is much more apropos for that occasion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I'll be over there, adapting and surviving. Let me know how being a grouchy goose works out for you.

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    MRCHI op spoilers: mMOApru.png

• Options
    We just killed a Velator and missed the pod. Op success.

• Options
    Two of us died to a 40 person PL gang!

According to Gorn, "Claymores are always bait."

• Options
    Jump fatigue is worth it just for the people in fleet who can't follow instructions or do basic math and end up with 10 day timers.

• Options
    Those would be the guys making super hurt feelings posts here?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=383486&find=unread

• Options
    Hah, not those guys specifically, but that's some hilarious stuff too. Some guy in fleet was linking a screenshot of his 10 day jump cooldown.

The other tears that have been midly amusing are the ones coming from PL's dumpstering of Brave Newbies. They're apparently realizing only now just how screwed they are against supercaps.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I reiterate: The sooner CCP just bites the bullet and removes caps and super caps (and I say this as someone with millions of SP dumped in to cap and super cap skills), the faster they can stop the shenanigans and make a fun game.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    As a non-capital ship haver, I support this idea

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    The most fun I ever had in this game was the T2 sniper fleet days, before caps had propagated to the degree they have now. So much fun. Actual fights, requiring actual tactics and positioning. Now it's just "DROP DA CAPS BOOM".

The novelty of that game play thread wore off a long, long time ago.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I don't remember much tactics from sniper fleets other than get in optimal range and align towards a celestial.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    That's tactics for EVE, at least compared to "DROP SUPAH CAPS IN TO BLOB WATCH TIDI". I'd take those sort of roving positional fights over the current schlock that is EVE fleet fighting any day. Plus you're ignoring the real fight that happens in a sniper fight: The fast movers trying to close on each other with bubbles and tackle. Snipers are the punch, but the heavy lifters are the tacklers. I mean, the entire GoonSwarm legend was built on the ballad of the lone Rifter in a sniper fight.

• Options
    Most fleet fights these days are us in harpies and tengus fighting unscannable unbubblable BL Slippery Pete tengus.

Unless you're in Reavers, in which case you're in ishtars shooting structures behind enemy lines.

• Options
    Manual flight control is becoming a thing, at least on the test server. Probably won't be super useful, but I'm still going to love it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like it really will provide a big benefit to new players. I doubt it will really be effective in fleet actions and what not, but gives the noobs something to do while they learn all the buttons to click.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    It might be useful when closing on a target. Instead of flying in a straight line and getting blown up.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    Seagull is really delivering the goods.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Dear god, what's wrong with me? I'm actually enjoying ratting in EVE. This new Ishtar Gold fit makes it so if I do happen to get jumped, I just laugh all the way to my safe perch or turn around and beat the shit out of the Inty. And the changes to force projection mean there's a lot less chances of getting jumped in the first place.

And apparently they either fixed my ratting system's escalations or they just buffed escalation rates in general.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Manual flight control is becoming a thing, at least on the test server. Probably won't be super useful, but I'm still going to love it.
    Whahoah whoa hoa wo what's all this now.

I should probably log back in and set some skills soon, huh.

• Options
    I have skills set in my queue for the next 360+ days :smugdog:

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Drain wrote: »
    I have skills set in my queue for the next 360+ days :smugdog:

I'm only up to like 290, although to be fair that includes all those old gallente businessmen certs et all. I'm actually... really running out of things to train, heh.

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Dear god, what's wrong with me? I'm actually enjoying ratting in EVE. This new Ishtar Gold fit makes it so if I do happen to get jumped, I just laugh all the way to my safe perch or turn around and beat the shit out of the Inty. And the changes to force projection mean there's a lot less chances of getting jumped in the first place.

And apparently they either fixed my ratting system's escalations or they just buffed escalation rates in general.

Yeah escalations got fixed

• Options
    Incidentally I would just like to thank my dear CFC bretheren for making Pith deadspace stuff so redonkulously cheap. Filling the EM resist hole on my Chimera with a 79M A-type EM hardener makes me feel far better about flying it, and the 104M X-type Large Shield booster will make a fine shield repper for my new Machariel while still being cheap enough that it's not worth ganking through the DCU II in the 7th low slot.

PS Could you get working a bit harder in Serp space, I need to pimp out my Archons.

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    You should look at rattlesnake prices.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I don't want a Rattler.

• Options
    In case you haven't heard of Star Sector yet, you can now play EVE while you play EVE: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8020.0

12KUuGW.jpg

There is also supposed to be some EVE news today, I will play the slavish fanboy for all of you and try to beat @V1m in posting it here.

• Options
  • Options
    Set it to .25 speed during the actual fights if you want the genuine EVE experience.

• Options
    Good video.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The FC on that bombing run at the end sounds so happy. Makes me wish I could play consistently enough to engage in such shenanigans.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Not realistic, I think I heard some of those guys having fun

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Long, long ago (Goonswarm vs BoB in Delve days) I was playing EvE in Merch Industrial. I'd kind of like to see what EvE is like nowadays, and would possibly really like to get into some of the PvE stuff like exploration. I haven't much of a yearning to reactivate my old account; I'd like to start over now that there's tutorials and shit. If I did that, would joining Mrchi/goonswarm be problematic? I can't remember enough about that process to know if it'd be derpy.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    If you have a history with them you'd be fine.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Long, long ago (Goonswarm vs BoB in Delve days) I was playing EvE in Merch Industrial. I'd kind of like to see what EvE is like nowadays, and would possibly really like to get into some of the PvE stuff like exploration. I haven't much of a yearning to reactivate my old account; I'd like to start over now that there's tutorials and shit. If I did that, would joining Mrchi/goonswarm be problematic? I can't remember enough about that process to know if it'd be derpy.
    The archives are deep.

I believe you can redo the tutorials at any time, so I'd just delete the lowest skill point character off your old account and experience all the newbie stuff there. I just hate to see skill points go to waste.

N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

Yeah, you should definitely come back and you should definitely use your old account unless there's some pretty specific reason not to. Drain's advice about just starting a new alt to try things out is spot on. We have a couple guys in corp who do a lot of exploration, and even if you're only doing it for PvE you can still help the PvP side of things by reporting on wormholes and their destinations so our fleets can move around more easily.

• Options
    Starting over on an alt is not a terrible idea, I hadn't thought of that. Is there any sort of free time returning player gimmick ?

• Options
    Yeah, anyone should be able to give you a buddy invite for a 21 day free trial.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    If those will work on an established account, I'd dig one. I'll reinstall this morning =)

Edit: Looks like the buddy invites are for new accounts only

Rius on
  • Options
    It's nice to start the trial, just to get your feet wet. Then you can jump back in on your old account. Because no matter what you've trained, you almost assuredly have fitting skills trained.