As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Since I only have exactly one hero, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go for the random hero box, right? I mean, what are the chances?
    You should be safe doing random boxes since there are 32 heroes. Not sure if Taskmaster and Strange in random boxes yet.

I got Dr. Strange the other day in a random box, so at least he is in them now.

253J736.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh what? I need at least 400 splinters to get a team-up hero out of the intial batch of four? That sucks.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    New thread, new look. How is the FTP aspect now? Based on napkin math using the figures in the OP, it could take approximately 2000 minutes (or 33.3 hours) to earn 1 200 splinter hero if you only got 1 splinter every ten minutes of play. Is that still the case?
    I'd say that is fairly close, give or take a few hours. For 175 you can get a random hero box which can contain any hero but the newest one released. Even if you don't own many heroes you can get dupes (which give tokens to upgrade ultimate ability level), so there is an element of gambling risk.

I've heard of a bunch of people getting the newest hero from random boxes, has that changed since, like, Ghost Rider?
    Think they changed it with Strange release so the newest isn't in random box for a month. Not 100% on that though.

I saw at least one person on the official forums talk about getting Strange from a random box. The BOGO boxes were apparently different and didn't contain Strange (and you didn't get one for buying Strange).

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh what? I need at least 400 splinters to get a team-up hero out of the intial batch of four? That sucks.

To their credit, it's nice that they are putting a lot of work into everything they release.

But it becomes increasingly apparent that they are going to end up frequently in a position where they end up pricing things initially higher than they thought because of the amount of work done. Doing lots of new animation work, voice acting, etc.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Yay, got Rocket to 60. One step closer to having a natural 100% XP bonus. Gambit, Cyclops, Captain Marvel, Loki and Rocket done. Now I suppose I should finish Scarlet Witch or Deadpool.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Since I only have exactly one hero, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go for the random hero box, right? I mean, what are the chances?
    You should be safe doing random boxes since there are 32 heroes. Not sure if Taskmaster and Strange in random boxes yet.

And I've gotten nearly twenty heroes without dupes, doing all random boxes. Apparently this is the only thing I am lucky at.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »

And I've gotten nearly twenty heroes without dupes, doing all random boxes. Apparently this is the only thing I am lucky at.

And now that you've said this, your next random box will be a dupe.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just buy all the random boxes and tell us how it goes. For science.

Old Man Thor costume
    rvArLEz.png

Hulk Marvel NOW costume
    2iFJoSV.png

Dirtyboy on
    edited April 2014
    Devs have started taking feedback for Iceman, Silver Surfer, Domino, Beast.

Couple blurbs about Team-Up gear:
    Pet gear does NOT benefit Team Ups, they are a step above the usual summons and have their own gear that buffs them.

Health Regen is an affix on some team up gear, and all team ups will be healed at the hub healer!
    We will be launching with purples later, and they will bind to the team-up hero. (Team-Up gear is white through blue rarity and does not bind)

Dirtyboy on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I think every time they give me something Random it's the Thing. Random starter for beating the game? Thing. Random character weekend? Thing. Buy one get one random? Thing.

Super annoying.

• scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Devs have started taking feedback for Iceman, Silver Surfer, Domino, Beast.

I just made a little mess in my pants.

which is entirely Silver Surfer unrelated because he can go and eat a dick.

but the rest?

bit of a mess.

in my pants.

not gonna lie.

I thought they said Iceman was next year at earliest?

I totally want him sooner but...

• VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    New thread, new look. How is the FTP aspect now? Based on napkin math using the figures in the OP, it could take approximately 2000 minutes (or 33.3 hours) to earn 1 200 splinter hero if you only got 1 splinter every ten minutes of play. Is that still the case?
    I'd say that is fairly close, give or take a few hours. For 175 you can get a random hero box which can contain any hero but the newest one released. Even if you don't own many heroes you can get dupes (which give tokens to upgrade ultimate ability level), so there is an element of gambling risk.

I've heard of a bunch of people getting the newest hero from random boxes, has that changed since, like, Ghost Rider?
    Think they changed it with Strange release so the newest isn't in random box for a month. Not 100% on that though.

I saw at least one person on the official forums talk about getting Strange from a random box. The BOGO boxes were apparently different and didn't contain Strange (and you didn't get one for buying Strange).

I picked up Strange off a random box during the Holo Sim event.

League of Legends:Varega
    I don't know if it's perspective or I just never noticed, but Hulk has the opposite of T-Rex arms. His arms are massive while his legs are relatively puny.

Maybe it's just how it looks on my phone.

He's typically shown to have gorilla physique.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Why does Hulk need armor?

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Why does Hulk need armor?

It's adaptive armor that's meant to protect banner when he's not hulking out, as well as not break during the transformation, or when the hulk is fighting stuff.

Invisible Woman is moving through the pipeline as we speak.

She will definitely release before Mother's Day, likely first week of May or last couple days of April (possibly presale earlier).

I saw her flying visuals yesterday and they were absolutely glorious. My new favorite.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    But...Invisible Woman can't fly...

uyvfOQy.png
    She can stand on an invisible platform that she can propel through the air, but she can't fly. Like Static Shock can ride on his trash can lid, but he can't just fly.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited April 2014
    So, when I'm sitting on an airplane as it soars through the air, I'm not flying?

Undead Scottsman on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    She's just falling with style.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    The plane is flying. You're either a pilot or a passenger.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The plane is flying. You're either a pilot or a passenger.

So, saying "I'm flying to Hawaii" would be incorrect?

Well it's basically "I'm on a plane, flying to Hawaii" or "I'm flying to Hawaii on a plane" but the plane is something like an implied subject, since everyone knows you can only fly on a plane in real life.

For super-heroes you probably need to be more specific.

uyvfOQy.png
    :|

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Aren't Sue and Virgil both using their own powers to fly? I don't really seeing it being all that different from say Torch expelling plasma or Magneto manipulating magnetic fields or even Archangel's wings. Part of their power set allows for flight so it is leveraged in that way. As opposed to say using a Legionnaire ring for flight, which would be more akin to the airplane analogy.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Just got the artifact that gives 5spi every time you are hit on my Kurt. Xslash all day long.

Speaking of Kurt, his X-Force costume:

mqFnXvq.jpg

Another Midtown-style mode is in fact now in the works.

It is utilizing a lot of new tech, mostly to improve performance, but in the process we are also planning on making it harder and more cohesive, with waves incorporating a larger portion of the map than just where bosses spawn.

Yes, that's a little vague, but at this point it has to be since we are working out exactly what we can do and what will play how. I have, however, read as much of the feedback as I could find on Midtown and am incorporating what we can.
    The new Midtown-style map will not be based on the Helicarrier for the above noted reasons. As with Midtown, we are using existing assets to build a new map specialized to work as a mode with larger-scale events.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    And ding first 60. Kurt. It was worth it.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm looking to play again. I've not played in a few months.

I know they were working on hotbars before I stopped playing, have they implemented that fully yet?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    Squirrel Girl update from MichaelMayhem:
    We're not quite ready to give the full list of details, but given the current progress, I can relatively safely (don't shoot me Doomsaw!) confirm that the Squirrel Girl update will be ready by the end of this month. The design implementation has been completed, and at this stage we are going over tuning, build potential, playability, and unique review.

In regards to terminology, a 'minor review' means the update generally will not involve new powers that involve visuals/animations/other art assets. We've touched on almost all of her powers in this update in some form in order to improve her overall quality of life, build options, and most importantly - fun.
    Currently we are looking at a total of 3 passives. They are condensed forms of her existing passives, with some affixes shuffled around.

I'm looking to play again. I've not played in a few months.

I know they were working on hotbars before I stopped playing, have they implemented that fully yet?
    They added more hotbars but no official hotkeys for them, but you can do a workaround by assigning keys in the config files.

That Kurt costume is sick. AoA Kurt, too.

I'm hoping to get at least Scarlet Witch to 60 before Invisible Woman comes out. I may be able get Deadpool too. SW is 45 or 46 and DP is either in the mid or late 30s.

Hi all,

Assuming we don't find any showstopping issues in the latest build, we will be publishing a patch at 6 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow (in 6.5 hours from now).

This will include all Team-Up Heroes, a few bug fixes and quality of life improvements.

Ryolnir will post patch notes once the final changes are locked in and the patch is ready to go.

6 a.m. unless something changes.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Got Moon Knight in a random box!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Basterd.

This discussion has been closed.