As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Saturns are a myth I think.... Thors as well. and Friggas.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I just got a Frigga yesterday.

Now I just need a Thor, Odin and Zod rune to do anything with it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    I have a Saturn, Frigga, Odin, and Tyr. No serpent and no Thors though.

Seems like they put a lot of useless recipes in the game since you can never get the components.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    The sad thing is the super duper rare recipes don't seem that awesome. Courage of Asgard is like....alright. Given what it requires though......

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Have yet to see a damn Tyr rune drop.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Doomsaw Sunday night update:
    Hi,

We're working hard on our new advancement system tonight and Sue and Betsy , but I wanted to drop by and answer the most popular questions I've seen in chat:
    • Team Up gear drops in common and uncommon rarities currently (white and green). Once you learn how to spot them, they are easy, but you need to notice a few drop so you can train your eyes to quickly see them. We are also requesting a soft VFX glow be added to these for the future along with points for the rarest versions.
    • Eventually blue Team Up gear will drop and other rarities as more affixes are added.
    • There is no diminishing returns on Unique drops. That was an interesting theory I heard this weekend in chat / forums.
    • We are working on 1-2 more options to help out people with bad RNG luck. We've done a few things already, but we would like to continuing pushing the envelope without making things dull and going to a 1 / hour type of system.
    • Cosmic Prestige is indeed 1/25th of regular experience, but Prestige 6 (Cosmic) was not specifically benefitting from one of the live tuning boosts that we left on many months ago. I believe that level of Prestige was added to the live tuning boost on Friday morning along with the patch to prevent confusion / frustration. (I saw some arguement about this, which are not necessary, both sides are technically "right").
    • Cosmic Iron Buddy looks incredible and will be in game next week.
    • The attribute review is complete internally and we'll be sharing the details tomorrow. It's a great improvement to the system and I'm pretty pumped to share it with everyone.
    • The item review is coming along nicely. It's not huge, but there are a good number of fixes and improvements to existing items that will benefit many under-represented options / builds and just more choice overall.
    • Black Widow's level 52 review will be on public test center in approximately 1 week. We did an iteration pass and made a few small changes based on feedback from the sneak preview I posted.
    • Our new alternative advancement system is really shaping up quite nicely and will be ready before the end of May (and much earlier for public testing).
    • I saw a few bugs discussed (Nightcrawler, Taskmaster and a few others). If the bug has been reported in the Hero & Power Reports section then it is 100% in our system and a team has been assigned to repro and fix. Every morning, those forums are scanned and every report is transcribed into our tracking software and assigned a priority and owner.
    • I posted the 3 categories for the new Item Design contest in the General Announcements section. We added a Grand Prize for best item overall. The entries so far have been amazing, which is going to make judging this tough and exciting. I have a strong feeling a lot of these are going to be added to the game in the coming weeks.
    • A saw someone ask about Bronx Zoo. That part of the story is going to be added after our last bit of Asgard content (the final boss, Surtur, in the new raid zone).
    • Our achievements system continues to track on schedule, with internal testing in 5 weeks and public testing in 9 weeks.
    • Invisible Woman is nearing the stage where her VFX get approved, iterated and eventually sent to test center. It should be 12-15 days and she'll be ready for testing.
    • Trading system back-end is complete, but front-end is schedule to finalize next month and then we'll test for whatever number of days are required to be confident in launch.
    • Bonus note: Since most of us have all seen Winter Soldier at least once, you can probably understand why we weren't quite given the thumbs up to make him a hero/team-up, yet...

Can you hint any upcoming team up releases?
    A team-up that loves horsing around.

A team-up that Dr. Strange will appreciate.

A team-up that will doesn't talk much.

REALLY excited to seeing what the attribute rework is going to be like. Here's hoping there's some real rewards to getting attributes to the 8-9 range!
    The rewards will now scale equally up to ANY amount (even 20+ if you want to go crazy since the attribute cap is removed).

When you guys put up those new Dev Feedback posts (Iceman, Silver Surfer, Beast), are those for next years heroes?
    Yep, next year. We are planning pretty far ahead now so we can get contracts for voice acting, start modeling their 3D models, start discussing concepts with Marvel, etc.

Request for additional terminals.
    We are, actually, in the process of gradually rolling out a series of new "story" terminals. These will, with some exceptions, be based on existing tilesets, mob types and bosses, but will incorporate more mission components.

The first one is in the process of being built now.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    kal wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Damn, why do Serpent Runes have to be so fucking rare?

They are pretty rare but at least I've seen a couple Serpents. Still haven't seen a single Thor,Odin or Zod.

You're right. I've found 2 Serpent Runes total, 0 Thor, Odin, Zod and Frigga.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Did anyone get a code from PAX East? wondering what was in it while I'm trying to find mine.

Edit: Found it, it was an nvidia f2p promo, gave 2600G. Too bad the teamup bundle isn't available anymore.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did anyone get a code from PAX East? wondering what was in it while I'm trying to find mine.

Edit: Found it, it was an nvidia f2p promo, gave 2600G. Too bad the teamup bundle isn't available anymore.

Goddammit, I had no idea Nvidia was giving those away, I skipped their booth.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Goddammit, I had no idea Nvidia was giving those away, I skipped their booth.

They were on the seats at the "Future of PC gaming" panel or whatever it was, I don't know if they were given out at the booth.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Is that the same one you can now only use one of from before?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Maybe? The for the redemption is:
    http://www.geforce.com/f2pbundle
    Limit one offer per person per transaction. And I'm not sure if it's limited on the MH page, I was only able to get one.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Saturns 4, Frigga 2, Thor Odin Zod Serpent Tyr 0

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Damn, I could use that currency in MH and Neverwinter/Warframe. I wonder if I could obtain one somewhere...

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    People usually put them for sale on Ebay. Just remember you can only use one per account.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to risk buying another one that doesn't work.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    A team-up that loves horsing around.

A team-up that Dr. Strange will appreciate.

Sooo

Beta Ray Bill
    Wong
    ...Man-Thing?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    kal wrote: »
    Damn, why do Serpent Runes have to be so fucking rare?

They are pretty rare but at least I've seen a couple Serpents. Still haven't seen a single Thor,Odin or Zod.

You're right. I've found 2 Serpent Runes total, 0 Thor, Odin, Zod and Frigga.

Still looking for a Serpent myself.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I think Clea, they already have her model and mentioned her as a possible Team-Up or cheap character.

Edit : Keeps saying everyone is removed from my Friends List whenever I log in. Weird.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

End Result: Stock up on Fighting Cores as they're going to be the attribute you care about. For pretty much everybody.

I love how they give Speed tenacity, like anybody cares about tenacity.

• Options
    Can someone post the whole attribute post in here. Work restrictions and all...

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Is there a consensus on which Team ups are better or if they're evenly balanced? Having a little trouble finding the skill trees for these guys.
    Edit: nvm I found them.
    End Result: Stock up on Fighting Cores as they're going to be the attribute you care about. For pretty much everybody.

I dunno, my HT build sounds like it's going to get a pretty nice boost from this with the movement buffs on Speed.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    Can someone post the whole attribute post in here. Work restrictions and all...

Cause I'm a nice guy:
    Hi all,

As you know we've been working diligently on a review for the attribute system. We're ready to roll it out in 2 weeks, alongside the item review.

Here's a summary of where we currently stand.

Overall goals for the review:

Make every rank in an attribute matter.

Provide freedom for attributes to scale as high as a you want. If someone wants to focus on extremely high Fighting, Durability, Speed and so on, they can now do so with help from the revised interface, shown here:

Generally clean up the system to make it clear and parse, with no extraneous complexity.

Make Speed more interesting and make the Speed attribute more useful for "Speedy" heroes such as Black Panther, Black Widow, Human Torch, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler, Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl, Storm, Thor, etc.

Make Intelligence more interesting and replace the experience gain with more generally useful stats to help out heroes with high Intelligence such as Loki, Iron-Man, Emma Frost, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, etc.

Make Durability more useful, allowing you to have the choice of building tankier if you wish. This is particularly helpful for heroes who could previously hit the Durability cap with certain items or powers, such as Thor, Thing, Taskmaster, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider and Colossus.

Remove the confusion as to what's a Fighting power and what isn't in a way that makes Fighting heroes stronger and giving them options to use powers in their kits that aren't labelled Fighting.

Even if certain bonuses are changed for an attribute, the overall damage and survivability of a hero must stay the same or improve.

To meet those goals, we found that the following steps would be useful:

To allow for infinite scaling and the new UI, all attributes should scale evenly per point, with clear tooltips. This means every point of strength would provide all benefits, starting right at rank one.

The only exception to the above is "car throwing" which would remain at Strength 4.

All the penalties for having a "1" in an attribute have been removed.

Speed should be the place to get attack and move speed, consolidating it from other sources.

DURABILITY
    Specifics:

Previously Energy Defense from Durability was lower than Physical Defense. This led to situations where players would get blown up a little easier from Energy attacks. We've now improved energy defense and made them equal.

Health Regen didn't kick in until Durability 5. We've increased the scaling of it and started it at Durability 1. It's still very minor compared to items, but will be useful while leveling and in less intense combat.

We added Health per level, starting at Durability 1. Nothing crazy, but enough that heroes with any kind of mitigation powers/items will notice the increased effective health.

Stun duration changed to scale at 1% starting at Durability 1. This is on top of whatever Tenacity is provided by a hero's powers or items. Tenacity, incidentally, is also under design review and will become an increasingly useful stat.

Summary of new Durability:

Physical Defense: 2% per Durability rank

Energy Defense: 2% per Durability rank

Health Regen: 2 per Durability rank

Duration of Stuns on You: -1% per Durability rank

Health (L60): 180 per rank

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Durability 5), before and after.

Physical Defense: Before 10%, After 10%

Energy Defense: Before 7%, After 10%

Health Regen: Before 3, After 10

Stun Duration: Before 0%, After -5% duration from enemy stuns against you

Health: Before 0, After 900

SPEED
    Specifics:

Previously Speed was considered one of the least-exciting attributes. We've buffed it in several ways and made sure it's role was clearly defined compared to other attributes.

The first thing we did was adding a modest boost to Dodge rating, starting at Speed 1.

We consolidated the bonus to move speed, attack speed and fly speed into one value, all starting at Speed 1 and increasing at 1% per level. This will reduce Move Speed a little, which was safe since almost all heroes are into diminishing returns pretty heavily and attribute will scale higher with new itemization.

In addition, Speed is now the only place to get attack speed from attributes bonuses for any type of attack, making Speed more useful for any type of hero.

Previously Speed slightly reduced the duration of move speed slows on you. We rolled that into tenacity to affect all types of crowd control against you.

For flavor and functionality, we added a scaling reduction in cost to movement powers. Speedier heroes can move around a little more without getting tired.

For even more flavor, functionality and perhaps a little DPS, we added a bonus to movement power damage, for heroes who occasionally like to use movement powers to start or finish a fight.

Summary of new Speed:

Attack Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Move Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Fly Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Tenacity: 15 per speed rank

Dodge Rating: 60 per Speed rank

Bonus Damage to Movement Powers: 2% per Speed rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Movement Powers: -1% per Speed rank

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Speed 5), before and after.

Attack Speed: Before 0, After 5%

Move Speed: Before 9%, After 5%

Fly Speed: Before 5%, After 5%

Tenacity: Before 0, After 75

Dodge Rating: Before 0, After 300

Bonus Damage to Movement Powers: Before 0, After 10%

Spirit Cost Reduction to Movement Powers: Before 0, After 5%

INTELLIGENCE
    Specifics:

Previously Intelligence was known as an attribute that was decent for leveling, but not much else. We had even received a few complaints that couples would start heroes together and one would annoyingly outlevel the other because of Intelligence rating.

With that in mind, we've replaced experience with a stat that everyone can enjoy at any level. Intelligent heroes can now use their analytical prowess to identify weak points on enemies, increasing their Critical Rating and Critical Damage.

We kept Mental Defense rating, but started awarding it at Intelligence 1. We do have more magical and psyhic enemies coming in the very near future, so this will be of some use.

We moved attack speed with all powers to the Speed attribute, removing it from Intelligence.

We added a small amount of Spirit for every point in Intelligence.

Summary of new Intelligence:

Mental Defense: 2% per Intelligence rank

Critical Rating: 30 per Intelligence rank (not yet tuned)

Critical Damage: 90 per Intelligence rank (not yet tuned)

Attack Speed with Mental Powers: Moved to Speed.

Experience Bonus: Cut.

Spirit: +2 per rank

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Intelligence 5), before and after.

Mental Defense: Before 0, After 10%

Critical Rating: Before 0, After 150

Critical Damage: Before 0, After 450

Attack Speed with Mental Powers: Cut

Experience Bonus: Before 15%, After 0

Spirit: Before 0, After 10

STRENGTH
    Specifics:

Strength has always been tied to Physical attacks, representing a heroes ability to hit harder in physical melee combat or effectively use a heavier gun / bow / chunk of concrete and therefore deal more physical damage. We've kept that flavor and buffed the attribute a little.

There won't be any changes to the amount of strength required to throw cars, all of that stays the same.

To make throwing cars (and other objects) more interesting, Strength now gives a scaling bonus to throwing objects.

We added a spirit cost reduction with Physical powers, since Mental and Energy had it through Energy, but Physical didn't have it anywhere.

Summary of new Strength:

Damage with Physical: +4% per Strength rank

Thrown Object Damage: +4% per Strength rank

Chance to Stun with Melee: Cut.

Spirit Cost Reduction to Physical Powers: -1% per Strength rank

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Strength 5), before and after.

Damage with Physical: Before 15%, after 20%

Thrown Object Damage: Before 0%, after 20%

Chance to Stun with Melee: Before 0%, After 0%

Spirit Cost Reduction to Physical Powers: Before 0%, After -5%

ENERGY
    Specifics:

Energy has always been one of the best attributes in the game, so not much needed to change beyond cleaning it up to be compatible with the rest of the system and scaling better starting at rank 1.

We kept bonuses to both Energy and Mental damage and made them scale starting at Energy 1, like the rest of the revised system.

We removed the random "1 spirit regen per second" that existed startig at Energy rank 6 and made the spirit cost reduction on energy and mental powers start scaling up at Energy rank 1.

Summary of new Energy:

Damage with Energy: +4% per Energy rank

Damage with Mental: +4% per Energy rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Energy Powers: -1% per Energy rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Mental Powers: -1% per Mental rank

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Energy 5), before and after.

Damage with Energy: Before +15%, After +20%

Damage with Mental: Before +15%, After +20%

Spirit Cost Reduction to Energy Powers: Before 0, After -5%

Spirit Cost Reduction to Mental Powers: Before 0, After -5%

FIGHTING
    Specifics:

Fighting has always been a solid attribute, but has been very confusing in terms of what gets labelled "Fighting" in a hero's kit. This leads to awkward situations where a hero's grenades or certain attacks are not considered Fighting, so they lose out on potential damage or synergistic game mechanics. We're going to fix all that and end up with a buff to Fighting-based heroes in general and make the attribute useful for everyone who wants to invest in it.

The first thing to happen was making a bold change and removing the Fighting tag from specific powers themselves. Instead, everything that does damage is now essentially considered a "fighting" power without needing a special tag (you're not using powers to knit a sweater you're using them to stop bad guys).

With that in mind, Fighting will now give a scaling damage bonus to ALL powers.

With the removal of the Fighting power tag, the reduced spirit cost to fighting powers no longer applies. However, with all Fighting powers will gain a plus 20% bonus to base damage, damage per Spirit is still much higher and TTK numbers are improved.

Attack speed to fighting powers (previously awarded at Fighting 7) has been consolidated into Speed (along with attack speed to mental powers).

The PVP-only bonus of "reduced incoming damage from Fighting powers" is now removed since Fighting is no longer a keyword and all heroes incoming damage is tuned individually in PVP, regardless, making the bonus redundant.

Any power or item triggered ability that referred to Fighting powers will now be expanded to include a wider set of power.

Strong fighters also tend to land the most brutal hits during combat, so Fighting will now give a modest, flavorful bonus to Brutal Strike Rating and Brutal Strike Damage.

Fighting is now potentially the most versatile attribute, with Strength and Energy edging it out for heroes who use those damage types exclusively.

Summary of new Fighting:

Damage with All Powers: +4% per Fighting rank

Brutal Strike Rating: +60 per Fighting rank

Brutal Strike Damage: +180 per Fighting rank

Spirit Cost / Attack Speed to Fighting Powers: Removed

Fighting Power Damage: +25% Base Damage bonus

Comparison of average level 60 hero (Fighting 5), before and after.

Damage with All Powers: Before 0%, After +20%

Brutal Strike Rating: Before 0, After +300

Brutal Strike Damage: Before 0, After +900

Spirit Cost / Attack Speed to Fighting Powers: Removed

Fighting Power Damage: +25% Base Damage bonus

Items

There are a few item buffs as a side effect to this system:

The Mole Man Medallion will get a buff to experience gain.

Seer's Brilliance runeword will get a buff to experience gain.

There are several unique items that provide either cost reduction, attack speed or increased damage to Fighting powers. All of those items will be changed to apply to ALL powers.

Black Widow - Drop Leg Holster - Cost Reduction for ALL powers

Cyclops - Legacy of Punchclops - IAS for ALL powers

Rocket - Timely Inc. Staple Gun - Damage Rating for ALL powers

Punisher - USMC Jungle Boots - Cost Reduction for ALL powers

I am not so nice a guy that I'm going to fuck around with formatting or images though.

• Options
    Is there a consensus on which Team ups are better or if they're evenly balanced? Having a little trouble finding the skill trees for these guys.

I dunno, my HT build sounds like it's going to get a pretty nice boost from this with the movement buffs on Speed.

I think most heroes will take every stat point they'll get (except for Strength/Energy on some heroes) but if you have to make a choice for a +1 to a stat, you pick Fighting.

4% bonus damage on top of a chunk of brutal chance/damage and the only thing you miss out on from Strength/Energy is 1% power cost reduction.

I also like how the examples are all at 5 and avoid 6 and 7 where the comparisons aren't as good. (They go way back up after 7 though.)

• Options

I think most heroes will take every stat point they'll get (except for Strength/Energy on some heroes) but if you have to make a choice for a +1 to a stat, you pick Fighting.

4% bonus damage on top of a chunk of brutal chance/damage and the only thing you miss out on from Strength/Energy is 1% power cost reduction.

I also like how the examples are all at 5 and avoid 6 and 7 where the comparisons aren't as good. (They go way back up after 7 though.)

I agree, my Torch build would probably just be considered silly/fun to play. Fighting definitely seems like the default choice.

• Options
    Spider-man is going to be a BEAST with his Kaine Mask. He is a 7 or 8 in damn near every stat in the game.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Doomsaw Sunday night update:

I am the worst detective. took forever for the penny to drop on this.

hello team-up Black Bolt.

now why? either because of low cost of VA. like, really cheap.

or a surprise Medusa playable hero? we talked about this in guild chat once, Ghost Rider kind of has her prerequisite tech already built in.

a man can dream.

it is known.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

We know some of you guys missed the full set of Team-Up gear given out this past weekend so we're giving everyone a second chance. Login tomorrow April 16 and Thursday April 17 for bonus Team-Up daily gifts!

Logging in tomorrow the 16th will earn you 2 Team-Up gear items, and logging in Thursday the 17th will earn you the other 2 the set!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I dunno if I'll be riding to Fighting on everyone, in fact I may try to ditch my Fighting core on Colossus in favor of Strength.

Brutal strike rating is only a halfway decent stat if you have tons of crit already, and brutal damage rating is the worst stat in the game (that actually works, so tenacity doesn't count)

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Spider-man is going to be a BEAST with his Kaine Mask. He is a 7 or 8 in damn near every stat in the game.

not every stat

spidey.png

• Options
    Christ.

• Options
    I asked Doomsaw in a Twitch stream if Dr. Strange's pal Wong would be a Team-Up.

1QnQP6w.png

• Options
    I got Captain America up to 60 tonight! He's my 2nd 60.
    So to celebrate, I buy a random box, and I get Taskmaster! I go from Cap, to a guy with a shield who copies Cap's powers but isn't Cap. :P

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    To be fair, getting Taskmaster is like a reward for playing Cap.... seeing as Taskmaster is a lot more fun

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So the 2600g codes on ebay are legit and from a promo? I was thinking about picking one up for the kid for Easter as he's been asking for a new character or costume but after getting banned for Hong Kong Microsoft points I've gotten nervous about things like that.

• Options
    So the 2600g codes on ebay are legit and from a promo? I was thinking about picking one up for the kid for Easter as he's been asking for a new character or costume but after getting banned for Hong Kong Microsoft points I've gotten nervous about things like that.

Yes and no. The codes are valid but they were distributed by someone in much larger numbers than the video cards they were to come attached to. Something "odd" is going on with them.

Now they've basically said if you use one then you've got no problem since they have no way to discriminate between legit and shady codes. If you sell them they are going to give you a problem.

• Options
    Also keep in mind you can only use these codes once.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Also keep in mind you can only use these codes once.

Yeah - I was just going to buy one for each of us (we have separate accounts). He's been asking for another Rocket costume.

This discussion has been closed.