Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Azure Striker Gunvolt Strikes Twice in Nintendo eShop and at Retail

1495051525355»

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Also:

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite has Mega Man X in it.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    In case anyone hasn't heard yet, Mega Man 2.5D is out and it's pretty good.

Reynolds
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 20

I think this looks much better, amusingly without significant changes to the design (lighter color palette, better face, a few redrawn lines). Of course, I said as much on twitter and somehow got into an argument with some guy who accused me of apologizing for this shitty design that will ruin all future Mega Man games forever!!!!1111111

I can't help but think in response - as opposed to no future Mega Man games at all? :P Honestly it's not that bad anymore, I can live with this design, even if I still prefer the original not-redesigned Mega Man.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    He's still got the huge boots and the worn-on-the-outside superhero underwear, isn't that all that matters? :P

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The face kinda reminds me of US box art 3-5.

So this is their second attempt? What did the first look like?

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Dirty wrote: »
    The face kinda reminds me of US box art 3-5.

So this is their second attempt? What did the first look like?

Design aside, I am skeptical about "Hero goes to school" story.
    They did a similar story for a short run comic by Dreamwave and that wasn't good at all.

In this cartoon his name is Aki Light, with his robot form being MegaMan
    He is also joined by a sidekick called Mega Mini.

*shoos Roll out the door*

Riokenn on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    In case you missed it, the Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 DLC is out

Wii U and 3DS Codes
    Switch: SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nightslyr
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

Enlong on
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    edited March 21
    Enlong wrote: »

Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

They did

http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

skeldare on
    Wii U and 3DS Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

They did

http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

Why was it re-localized?

NNID: RockinX. 3DS FC: 2148-9166-6811. In-game name: アルヘニス. SV: 2746
    game%20grammar%20sig_zpsws4nvxb2.jpg
    RockinX wrote: »

They did

Why was it re-localized?
    For those of you who are not familiar with Japanese Voice Mode, this was a mode that we created for Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 that adds in content that was regrettably removed from the initial release of the 3DS version of the game. Not only does this patch restore the voices to each and every one of the characters, but the entire game has been re-localized to better match with the addition of these voices. This mode also restores ample amounts of dialogue that was previously removed from the game that takes place as Gunvolt traverses each stage.

Wii U and 3DS Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    RockinX
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

They did

Why was it re-localized?
    For those of you who are not familiar with Japanese Voice Mode, this was a mode that we created for Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 that adds in content that was regrettably removed from the initial release of the 3DS version of the game. Not only does this patch restore the voices to each and every one of the characters, but the entire game has been re-localized to better match with the addition of these voices. This mode also restores ample amounts of dialogue that was previously removed from the game that takes place as Gunvolt traverses each stage.

That makes sense. I thought people had complained about the original localization.

NNID: RockinX. 3DS FC: 2148-9166-6811. In-game name: アルヘニス. SV: 2746
    game%20grammar%20sig_zpsws4nvxb2.jpg