As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    ....I don't get it

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I wonder why they chose enka.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    ....I don't get it

It's Karaoke :P With that weird apple robot they love so much :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ah Matt Mercer, the poor man's Troy Baker.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hmm, apparently the rest of the cast was revealed somewhere, because it's all on IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3158298/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Hot new voice actors video, fresh off the grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z70fzKjUKLI

• Options
    Dina has "resigned." She said this:

"I doubt I’ll ever have another chance to work side by side with legends of the Japanese industry as I was able to do with Mighty. I have learned and grown so much and with my coworkers’ and your blessing am off to the next step!"

Yeah, I think she was basically forced to quit. This is what you get for tweeting "I got this job because of my friend/boyfriend." That's the worst way she could have started her career.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

"I doubt I’ll ever have another chance to work side by side with legends of the Japanese industry as I was able to do with Mighty. I have learned and grown so much and with my coworkers’ and your blessing am off to the next step!"

Yeah, I think she was basically forced to quit. This is what you get for tweeting "I got this job because of my friend/boyfriend." That's the worst way she could have started her career.

Alternatively she DID resign because the community were typical GG goose heads to her. Perhaps this is what you meant though, that the community's uncalled for attitude forced her to get out because it was in no way worth the heartache?

• Options
    edited April 2015

Alternatively she DID resign because the community were typical GG goose heads to her. Perhaps this is what you meant though, that the community's uncalled for attitude forced her to get out because it was in no way worth the heartache?

If I were her, and I hadn't played any Mega Man games, I'd do my homework, watch some gameplay videos, play some of the games (which are available on a variety of platforms). Being the community manager for a Mega Man clone community, and the vast majority of its members absolutely love Mega Man, of course people are going to get mad. Also, she could very well not have said she hasn't played any Mega Man games in her life, because that statement and the other tweet show how unprofessional she is.

The backlash for drawing a female Mega Man was VERY uncalled for and VERY misogynistic, that's true, but that doesn't mean she deserved that job.

I hope the next community manager is a more professional lady.

RockinX on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

If I were her, and I hadn't played any Mega Man games, I'd do my homework, watch some gameplay videos, play some of the games (which are available on a variety of platforms). Being the community manager for a Mega Man clone community, and the vast majority of its members absolutely love Mega Man, of course people are going to get mad. Also, she could very well not have said she hasn't played any Mega Man games in her life, because that statement and the other tweet show how unprofessional she is.

The backlash for drawing a female Mega Man was VERY uncalled for and VERY misogynistic, that's true, but that doesn't mean she deserved that job.

I'll put it this way. Let's say she did solely receive the job through nepotism (this is a massive leap to make). The only people that should bother is competing applicants. What is everyone else's rage beef exactly? "WE AREN'T RECEIVING THE BEST POSSIBLE PR, STONE THE WITCH!" When entitlement meets misogyny basically...

Their hiring decisions aren't frankly any of the fans' business, not even a little bit. Your (general you, not you specifically) choices are to ignore the PR because you don't like it or make the best of it, perhaps she will improve. Starting a hate campaign is not a human response.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Their hiring decisions aren't frankly any of the fans' business, not even a little bit.
    Yes, that's why I said "don't mention to anyone you have never played Mega Man before, and do some research." They aren't things the fans should know, but if they find out, they're not going to like it and you get exactly what ended up happening.

I don't care that she hasn't, I care about the fact that she let people know about it (being a community manager doesn't really require you to have played anything, but you have to know at least something about the character) and that she credited her friend/bf as the one who allowed her to get the job. You need to be prudent when applying for a job.

RockinX on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    You'd be totally right if it wasn't a job with a PR role.

But it is. People get fired all the time for being fuckups on twitter. She's not special.

As for the misogynistic assholes infesting the internet, I highly doubt their grand conspiracy got this lady fired. They're just busy having a circlejerk over the fact she was.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

Well, on her Twitter, she said she was asked to stay, but decided on leaving. I can't say for certain, myself (none of us can), but there you go.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Tairu wrote: »
    Hot new voice actors video, fresh off the grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z70fzKjUKLI

Finally got around to watching this. Battalion is great. Aviator is really weird, but it kind of works.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    They're still updating the game beta with new levels, right? Anybody still testing it?

I haven't played it since they released that first level, I was curious if there's any updated impressions on the state of the game

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    free language packs and dlc though

seems like a good trade

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

But Deep Silver is the publisher and we get a bunch of extra stuff... so that's good, right?

Explains why we went so far into April without word of a release date.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I was looking forward to it's release, but now i'm actually thinking this is really good- that game looked like it still needed a lot of polish. Something about the visuals just didn't sit right with me. I hope they get buffed up a little bit.

Also, 9-15 is the day after my birthday! So it'll be like an continuation of that.

Tairu on
  • Options
    Yeah this is fine with me. People complain about all the delays but as long as they are making the game better, fine with me.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I have such a huge backlog that it would feel churlish to get upset over delays of new games.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I've waited this long for a Mega Man game, I can wait a little longer.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Wii U and 3DS Mighty No. 9 boxart

ki6me2zguo9m.jpg
    2ktqmhjppb4v.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    ...wait, this is getting a retail release?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

For most platforms

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Yeah, part of the delay/publisher deal was that they're doing full retail releases. The retail version includes the DLC, but is slightly more expensive than the pure digital release (which doesn't include the DLC)

In other words, another reason why this was a pretty good thing. Retail release will certainly help visibility which is good for the brand/sequels.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I laughed for like five minutes straight when I saw this news pop up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah, part of the delay/publisher deal was that they're doing full retail releases. The retail version includes the DLC, but is slightly more expensive than the pure digital release (which doesn't include the DLC)

In other words, another reason why this was a pretty good thing. Retail release will certainly help visibility which is good for the brand/sequels.

Well jeez, I wish I could "upgrade" my digital pledge to a retail pledge.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    As a non backer, pretty excited to get a retail version.

I imagine this irks some backers tho, non?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    As a non backer, pretty excited to get a retail version.

Not me, if it weren't for the backers it wouldn't have gotten made in the first place. The whole idea is to give them the capital needed to make it on their own, not own exclusive rights to the content made.

This is pretty awesome for everyone involved honestly.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

From the release
    And best of all: the entire Ray DLC set -- an entire extra level and boss (and playable character) -- FREE for ALL backers!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

From the release
    And best of all: the entire Ray DLC set -- an entire extra level and boss (and playable character) -- FREE for ALL backers!

I think it's more that he prefers physical copies of games when they're available.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

From the release

I think it's more that he prefers physical copies of games when they're available.
    oh. I thought was DLC focused.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

One of the tiers was a physical copy, wasn't it? (edit: ok, technically a physical box with a digital code in it, but they might change that, I dunno. I believe you could also order a USB stick/CD, but that was probably PC-only)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2015

One of the tiers was a physical copy, wasn't it?

yeah, and the even had add-on pledges where you could tack on X dollars to get it on a usb stick that looked like a NES or Famicom cart as well (that contained a copy of the game)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular

I imagine there's a few, but they're usually the types I discount opinions from anyway. If it's good and more people get to play it, that's always cool in my book.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think they missed an opportunity here. I know games don't really get released on Wednesdays, but they're so close to 9.9.15

• Options
    Do we know at what point they're going to ask what platform we want it on, or will there be some sort of portal where we just pick out platform and it spits out a code for us to use?

FU7kFbw.png