As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Man, how long ago was any of that shit? I don't think I ever had the attention span to actually level cap a character in CoH/V, I was too busy trying to come up with characters for trying out all the different power sets with, but I spent a lot of time in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

Release was 2004, City of Villains 2005, Going Rogue 2010, Free-to-play 2011, killed off 2012.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Man, how long ago was any of that shit? I don't think I ever had the attention span to actually level cap a character in CoH/V, I was too busy trying to come up with characters for trying out all the different power sets with, but I spent a lot of time in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

Release was 2004, City of Villains 2005, Going Rogue 2010, Free-to-play 2011, killed off 2012.

Huh, well I was in a while before CoV so I guess I started playing at about the 6 month mark if they were only a year apart.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The final boss is an achievement of game design.

In that it manages to be both boring and frustrating at the same time

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is that Red Ash/not-MegaMan Legends game coming out?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

It's supposed to be fully funded thanks to some shifty Chinese company stepping in and promising to fund it by the time it was apparent that the KS was going to tank, but there hasn't been any further word on it since the KS ended.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    After this fiasco it might not come out in the west at all even if the shifty Chinese company gets it finished.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh no

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Comcept is/was working on Recore with Armature, so maybe that's why it's not on the radar? Really would have loved an actual sequel to Dash though. Given how uncanny valley-esque "Not Megaman: The Sequel" turned out, really don't know if I'd even buy Red Ash if it was released.
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    oh no

Not sure if that's sarcasm or genuine disappointment. ;P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Heads up: There are now Mega Man badges in Nintendo Badge Arcade.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Finally found my key.

Is it safe to play on the Wii U?

Enlong wrote: »
    Finally found my key.

Is it safe to play on the Wii U?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1NRgoI0vWE&feature=share

Sorry. Can't watch videos at the moment.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Sorry. Can't watch videos at the moment.

It's less a video and more of a slideshow.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Absolutely garbage.

Okay, so it's of no danger to the console. Thanks for the info.

There were rumors going on that it would brick the Wii U, but I'm not sure how accurate they were.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    There were rumors going on that it would brick the Wii U, but I'm not sure how accurate they were.

My understanding is that it can lock up your Wii U, requiring you to reboot the machine, but not actually permanently damage it.

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    My impression was that it could freeze the WiiU, requiring a power-cycle to fix. Not brick.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    I think I saw earlier in the thread that that turned out to be a crash, rather than anything permanent. Dunno if anything else came up about that.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    My impression was that it could freeze the WiiU, requiring a power-cycle to fix. Not brick.

I feel like the term "brick" has been getting more and more watered down over the years. When I first saw the term being used, it was in reference to a device in an un-fixable unusable state. Then I saw it being applied to devices that were just unusable until you reinstalled the firmware. Now I'm seeing it applied to situations fixed by a simple forced reboot.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Hoooly shit dat WiiU framerate. How pathetic do you have to be when you can't even make a sidescroller run decently on a modern console.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Hoooly shit dat WiiU framerate. How pathetic do you have to be when you can't even make a sidescroller run decently on a modern console.

when you make your game in an engine that doesn't run on that console and have to use a unsupported engine port

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Dirty wrote: »

I feel like the term "brick" has been getting more and more watered down over the years. When I first saw the term being used, it was in reference to a device in an un-fixable unusable state. Then I saw it being applied to devices that were just unusable until you reinstalled the firmware. Now I'm seeing it applied to situations fixed by a simple forced reboot.

In defense of the guy in this case, he thought it was the first definition, until he managed to get it to reboot. Less a watering-down of the definition, and more a panicked jump to conclusions.

Yeah, I was complaining more about the general trend, not just that instance in particular. I feel that by this time next year, "brick" will mean "my device froze up for a few seconds".

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I mean, brick will always be "My console now ceases to function entirely as if it were just a brick" - I would place blame more on people who use the term incorrectly :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I mean, brick will always be "My console now ceases to function entirely as if it were just a brick" - I would place blame more on people who use the term incorrectly :P

Agreed, but lest us not forget the travesty that is now the definition of 'literally'

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Agreed, but lest us not forget the travesty that is now the definition of 'literally'

The true meaning of literally isn't dead unless we all forget it.

Don't get me started on 'decimate', though. There is literally no reason not to use one of the other many synonyms for 'destroy' instead.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I will literally decimate anyone who bricks my console!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I will literally decimate anyone who bricks my console!

I'm fine with this so long as you post pictures proving your correct understanding of all terms in the sentence.

If the 10% destroyed is the victim's head , does that count? Or is it in excess because the entire body dies from doing that?

Just cut off part of a limb, but provide adequate medical attention.

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    All kidding aside, I had no idea the frame rate problems on the Wii U were THAT bad until I saw the video. I mean, hell, the original Mega Man didn't that much slowdown.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    All kidding aside, I had no idea the frame rate problems on the Wii U were THAT bad until I saw the video. I mean, hell, the original Mega Man didn't that much slowdown.

While the game doesn't deserve defense, you'll notice it happens when he travels backwards at that specific spot and not when he's moving forward normally through the level. I would guess that the game was optimized to load certain assets as you play through and it abandons them at that point since they are no longer needed for the rest of the level, but moving backwards forces it to re-load all the assets at once again as fast as it can. Pull up all those models and textures again that it thought it was done with.

So it's not a typical example of how bad the frame rate is. Other games have similar problems, stand here, look this direction and whoaaa what happened to the frame rate, etc.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Except this isn't SMB1, so going backwards should be something that is a common occurrence.

Kai_San wrote: »
    Except this isn't SMB1, so going backwards should be something that is a common occurrence.

Sniper Stage is nothing but going back and forth.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »

Sniper Stage is nothing but going back and forth.

Especially if you touch the insta-kill electro-wires. Woo boy!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Finally got to play my Wii U copy.

And yeah, it's pretty good. I'm enjoying the dash system, and the fact that the boss weapons recharge energy over time, negating the need to be judicious with them. Some of the platforming has been a bit clunky, leading to some possibly-undeserved deaths in 1's and especially 2's stages, but otherwise it's been alright.

I am a bit annoyed with the game having a lives system, and for having pity-items for repeated deaths. But since the pity items include a 1-up, the former sort of cancels out the latter, amusingly enough.

Played 2 stages so far. No big mechanical issues that I've noticed, aside from some framerate drag in 1's stage.

So, yeah. So far, I've been having a good time.

As such, I'll duck out of the thread; save everyone some time.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I still need to get back to it. So far my biggest annoyance has been the load times which are just god-awful (this is on Wii U).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282