As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Thanks to Takels announcement every time I see this thread bumped I get excited, then see its not Takel posting a link to the new pack and then I get sad.

Yes hi hello this is me

I'm going to seal your entire base in bedrock and fill it with lava.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Thanks to Takels announcement every time I see this thread bumped I get excited, then see its not Takel posting a link to the new pack and then I get sad.

Yes hi hello this is me

I'm going to seal your entire base in bedrock and fill it with lava.

That seems a tad much.
    Or not enough?

PSN: jfrofl
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Omg did you hear that takel still hasn't uploaded the pack

@Buttcleft‌ It isn't time yet!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    Work is boring.
    I just want to mine the crafts!

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    To each their own, I guess.

Personally, the only thing I hate more than mining is crafting.

Vic on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    At this point Takelpack's timing is awful. Got Beyond Earth out Friday which I will likely be playing until Dragon age. By the time I'm sick of both it will probably be December and the server will have reached singularity. And also probably another build of KSP will be out.

Terrendos wrote: »
    At this point Takelpack's timing is awful. Got Beyond Earth out Friday which I will likely be playing until Dragon age. By the time I'm sick of both it will probably be December and the server will have reached singularity. And also probably another build of KSP will be out.

The timing is perfect, you clearly just have bad taste and don't know your priorities.

• Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    I got ideas for rails. IDEAS I say!

The only thing I have done with steve's carts is crop harvesting, it will be fun to see what else I can do.

The timing is perfect, you clearly just have bad taste and don't know your priorities.

The timing is less than perfect because I am not currently playing...
    :P

Praise be to our @Takel overlord

If we post enough we can make buttcleft get super mad that it isn't patch day

IZF2byN.jpg

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular

Yeah...Beyond Earth is going to seize me for quite a bit too. Unless you have a Beyond Earth mod for MC...

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    cshadow42 wrote: »

Yeah...Beyond Earth is going to seize me for quite a bit too. Unless you have a Beyond Earth mod for MC...
    I give it like 5 months.

I know nothing of BE, other than I want it.

I'm going to find your bed, seal it in 15 layers of obsidian, then murder you.

I can only refresh this thread so many times.

IZF2byN.jpg

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

I'm going to find your bed, seal it in 15 layers of obsidian, then murder you.

Out of context, this is a confusing and worrisome post.

In context, it's just another day in Minecraft. :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    New pack is up!

is an anagram of Ape Puck Wins!

Just thought you'd like to know

Hate you.

So much.

Unnnggh

IZF2byN.jpg

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So is this where we post if the pack isn't out yet? @Buttcleft?

This is terribly evil. You should feel shame.

If I wanted to be tortured and abused I'd call my family, I swear.

Day three.

Still no news.

We're beginning the sacrifice of Buttclefts sanity with every hope crushing post.

And mine, but no one needs to know about that

IZF2byN.jpg

I hate that song so much, but this was fantastic!

Radiation wrote: »

Whats wrong with Screw the Nether?

I give it like 5 months.

I used to play the living crud out of Alpha Centauri (and its expansion), and loved every moment. It had every feature I ever wanted, including aquatubes and terraforming. I even tried to re-install it on my machine a couple years back, but was unsuccessful (though I suppose GOG has a playable version now...). Beyond Earth is supposed to be the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri.

Whats wrong with Screw the Nether?

The OG song.
    It's terrible.
    This song was fantastic. I loved it.

I give it like 5 months.

I used to play the living crud out of Alpha Centauri (and its expansion), and loved every moment. It had every feature I ever wanted, including aquatubes and terraforming. I even tried to re-install it on my machine a couple years back, but was unsuccessful (though I suppose GOG has a playable version now...). Beyond Earth is supposed to be the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri.

GOG not only has it working, but it includes Alien Crossfire (Which is free if you previously purchased Alpha Centauri ) @cshadow42‌

Beyond Earth comes out today, and I happen to be taking a half day at work today. Reviews seem to be good for Beyond Earth, so we'll see how it stacks up against Alpha Centauri.

It would be awesome if there was an Alpha Centauri mod for MC. I can imagine trying to establish outposts to withstand mindworm attacks and having the landscape change based on terraforming. It does make me wish for an easy way to make underwater glass tunnels in MC.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Just got an idea of what kind of base I want and now I'm all excited to play.

I might try it out in creative. The basic concept is an upside down mage's tower poking down into a massive, water-themed cave.

I really want soaryn to get off his ass and give us xycraft already.

I need xychorium soil stacked from bedrock to the sky again.

• Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    I got home from work today and thought, would it be great to play some modded minecraft? I am excited.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    At this point there's only one thing I want to build.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    I had played Trove a bit, which I though would diminish my hunger for minecrafty goodness.
    It has not.
    I offer up a blood sacrifice to @Takel in way of @Kanden

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Trove's not the absolute worst, I mean I can't really be bummed about a game that lets me be a robot with an afro.

Even if Takel doesn't want the blood sacrifice, I say we still kill @Kanden to be safe.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kill Kanden to save us from a bee overthrow of the server?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I think this is wise. He did shut down first server like 3 times.

• AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    What's a good automated way of mining a specific area without Buildcraft?
    Quarries won't work since they dig all the way down.
    I was thinking MFFS, but the disintegration module seems to be bugged at the moment.

I'm looking to automate the Mark of the Falling Tower from Blood Magic.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    I was thinking MFFS, but the disintegration module seems to be bugged at the moment.

A hammer, an excavator, and some elbow grease.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »

If you've got Mekanism (I think?) there's the Digital Miner. It's a pretty powerful tool for mining exactly what you want it to but it can really drain your RF reserves if you're not careful.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List