As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where were you when...

QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest MortalRegistered User regular
So there I was, waiting in the Project Spark line to get that pin when my pocket buzzes and I check it hoping for news on Leeroy Jenkins. Turns out it was an announcement for PAX South in San Antonio where I live currently. My first thought is "OMG, a PAX that I live near that's awesome! Man, I'm going to have to camp the internet again to get a badge."

My immediate thought after that was "...more pins I have to collect...Mother of God...WHY?!"

On a serious note, how do we think this will affect the pin-centric universe? I'm personally stoked there's a new PAX, but kind of concerned about the stretch this is going to put on my pin collection addiction...I mean "hobby".

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    First, answer to the question, pretty boring answer, i was home...

Regarding its location in 'San Antonio', my first thought was, why another one in America? Of course PA is a US company, but the brand definitely has a global reach. The very successful launch of pax aus last year to me hinted they might be trying to expand further, so i thought maybe one in Europe somewhere, London maybe? Would have been their next step towards world domination. But whatever, im sure there are tons of ecstatic southerners overjoyed by the news, i know I was last year.

On to pins, and specifically pin groups. We all know pinny arcade is now here to stay, and is only going to get bigger and better every year with new pins, and a growing community. Currently the pin group system works great, each member gets up to 3 sets of pins at each pax. To me, 3 is already quite the challenge, but can definitely be accomplished with one person, easier if they take a buddy. Collecting a 4th set might start getting a bit difficult, especially when some pins have limited numbers or only allow 2 per person.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I was sat in the Main Theatre. I have to say I was glad they didn't announce PAXUK. If they did one back home just when I moved out here....

• Options
    DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    I can understand the reasoning why it's PAX Texas...that basically creates a triangle covering the whole of the US (Seattle, Boston, San Antonio). I think there were several concerns in terms of timing and other cons that made Europe a difficult go, plus the cost of travel was certainly an issue as well.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I was sitting in the back of the Main Theatre. I'll be at PAX South at least the first year then we shall see. May have to alternate East and South or something as my vacation time runs out. PAXen in the US are way way easier for PA and exhibitors to deal with, and Europe already has a ton of conventions.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    I was at the "Information Counter" (a.k.a. Infobooth). It's definitely going to be interesting seeing what kind of PAX South specific Pins we'll see, perhaps Kemper in a cowboy hat?

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I was at the "Information Counter" (a.k.a. Infobooth). It's definitely going to be interesting seeing what kind of PAX South specific Pins we'll see, perhaps Kemper in a cowboy hat?

...mother of god

• Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    A set (or perhaps just a single pin) from Sand would be pretty appropriate for PAX South, yes?

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    Pinfobooth

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Ajaxon wrote: »
    A set (or perhaps just a single pin) from Sand would be pretty appropriate for PAX South, yes?

Oh GOD I hope so...

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    The first pin i thought of as a fit for south would be Gabes 'mosey' pose

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    The first pin i thought of as a fit for south would be Gabes 'mosey' pose

I would also accept the Dixie Twist, and the shot of Tycho holding up the Star

• Options
    Don't remember the comic but heres the mosey shirt

http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/mosey-tee

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    It's promising.... I might have no choice but to go :p

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Heh heh heh, he said "pinfobooth" heh heh

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I was in the main theater. And it doesn't affect me too much really. I doubt I'll be making the trip to Texas for the convention, and it's already too costly/time consuming for me to acquire every pin. I'll probably just stick with the East pins, unless there's something really cool that's only at South.

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    I got an e-mail about it, after opting to stay at my hotel instead of attending Make-A-Strip (I had a mix of panels and other things that ran through midnight on Saturday, so went for a late start).

I'll probably pass on PAX South pins except for any I can get through normal trade, the same as PAX Australia. There are some neat designs that I would like to have, but I don't want to completely fall down the rabbit hole. Not having picked up a DLC pin anyways, I long since gave up on being a 100% collector. :)

"Perception is reality." -unknown