As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Save the Date

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Sadly I will likely have to pass this year as family travel is stretching us a bit, maybe next year! Have fun everyone.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Sorry to hear Abby! Maybe we will meet in 2016. :)

I see the PAX page has changed to SOON, heads up everyone!

• Options
    Aredhel22Aredhel22 Blue Nova Cosplay PittsburghRegistered User regular
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    your right i just noticed that myself. my guess is if it ends the 2nd they will drop it either on the 7th or 14th god i hope its not the 14th

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Well, it was a peaceful October while it lasted. Part of me just wants to get this over with though.

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Yeah @Karoneth, both daughters have big trips in 2015 and we have an anniversary trip to plan, meaning a personal trip is a bit too much right now. Ahhh life with kids and the sacrifices parents make, lol

aBByNormaL on
    PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    InscrutableGamerInscrutableGamer IDLE ACCOUNT Registered User regular
    Still holding out for passes to be released at some point this week.
    The hype is real.

PAX East 2015: Passes For All Days [X] -- Free Time [X] -- Pass For Girlfriend [X] -- Hype [X]
    PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    yup its time to get those alerts going lol

• Options
    nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    I wish they'd hurry up. Plane tickets are getting more expensive by the day.

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • Options
    nsane wrote: »
    I wish they'd hurry up. Plane tickets are getting more expensive by the day.
    *casually doesn't have to worry about plane fare*

PAX East 2015: Passes For All Days [X] -- Free Time [X] -- Pass For Girlfriend [X] -- Hype [X]
    PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    if they do sell them this week I am guessing it will be the 7th

• Options
    rascrush wrote: »
    if they do sell them this week I am guessing it will be the 7th

Last year they went on sale on a Wednesday.
    The year before was a Monday.
    Before THAT was a Thursday.
    There appears to be no day of the week trend here. Bummer - I was hoping I was on to something.
    Personally, this week I'm hoping for any day except Tuesday, since on Tuesday I have a no-iPads-no-excuses class overlapping noon.
    The 7th seems like it would be a bit late though. Maybe the 5th or 6th if they were this week.

PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    pax aus is technically over, but i'm guessing breakdown and recovery from an international pax may take a little time. this makes me think end of this week or early next.

HOWEVER it's already pretty late for east badges, so they may go ahead and pull the trigger sooner. there's just no way to know. -gnashes teeth in frustration-

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Breakdown and recovery will most definitely take some time, especially with that whole "jet lag" thing.
    It doesn't hurt to dream.
    *tickets go on sale at high noon tomorrow*

PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    Megan_GwynnMegan_Gwynn Pixie New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Much more likely Tuesday...

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Please, any day but tomorrow, the day I move offices and the one day I can't be at the computer all day at work. That would make me a supremely sad panda. :(

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    I'm hoping for either tomorrow or Wednesday.
    Just. Not. Tuesday.

PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    Malgaras wrote: »
    Please, any day but tomorrow, the day I move offices and the one day I can't be at the computer all day at work. That would make me a supremely sad panda. :(

Not to worry, it'll be Tuesday, you can relax tomorrow.

• Options
    All hail the hype train.

PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    Ugh any day but Tuesday. If it's Tuesday I'm so doomed. Thursday day would also not be ideal but if they went up at lunch time I could get them.

• Options
    koolaroo wrote: »
    Ugh any day but Tuesday. If it's Tuesday I'm so doomed. Thursday day would also not be ideal but if they went up at lunch time I could get them.

Historically, they drop 9AMPST (noon EDT). So...."lunch time" is almost a certainty.
    Agreed on Tuesday being a crap day.

PAX EAST 2015 IS A GO!
  • Options
    really any day this week or really anyday I am fine with as I work night shift. Time to turn on the alerts make sure they are extra loud and make sure i am up by 9am every day till i get tickets from now on

• Options
    goongoon MARegistered User regular
    So paranoid. Just want to get a ticket locked up so I can sleep...

Virtue and the grim consequences thereof.
  • Options
    I don't think my notifications are working so I'm totally paranoid and freaking out. Maybe we could take turns sleeping.

• Options
    goongoon MARegistered User regular
    Paranoia team go! I got the night shift for now.

Virtue and the grim consequences thereof.
  • Options
    Thank god, I'm exhausted.

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I have to get tickets this time around. Found out hotels.com had rooms at the Westin but only with payment up front and a 1 day cancellation fee. Needless to say, I'm all in or paying scalper fees for passes.

• Options
    why do you think notifications are not working

• Options
    I'm saying MY notifications don't seem to be working, everyone elses are probably fine. I don't get notifications when things are being tweeted, like the end of AUS etc.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Oh god..NOT TUESDAY!!! Any other day this month!!

• Options
    I just want it to be this week. I have off this week.

• Options
    JoveJove Registered User regular
    Are they gonna tell us a day before hand like last year? It worked for me there.

• Options
    They didn't repeat that for prime so I doubt it.

• Options
    my refresh finger is tired

• Options
    I'm expecting some time Wed thru Friday, this week or next. OK..expecting might not be the right word. Hoping based loosely on past history is probably more accurate.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    It IS interesting that they took care of the 3 day oddity this year. Last year, a weekend pass was $5 cheaper than 2 single day passes. This year, it's $5 more expensive. This may actually help mitigate demand SLIGHTLY..since, last year, even if you were only going for 2 days, you would prefer to get a 3 day badge to save yourself a couple ducats. Not so this year....

pilferk on
  • Options
    If that is true then it's not much of a mystery that 3 day passes sold out in seconds..

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm double checking. Maybe they were the exact same price. But I remember the discussion, both before, and then during the 2014 Post mortem discussion thread, that that was a perceived issue driving up demand. I THINK single days were $40 a apiece, and a weekend was $75.

Yup, here's my post on it last year (and there is ensuing discussion in that thread):
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28234169/#Comment_28234169

pilferk on
  • Options
    Even if it's close wouldn't it make sense to get 3 day for flexibility etc. Makes sense to me anyway.

• Options
    ya if its only a 5.00 dif I prob would still get the 3 day just lets you go which ever days you want or if by some chance plans change and you can get to all 3 just makes more sense to me

This discussion has been closed.