As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In this thread, we get our [Groove] on.

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan of TVOTR in general but that song is very nice.

signature.png

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I think it's the best song they've written in years.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I want to like that tvotr song but I'm not sure I do

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I really dig that TV on the Radio single!

I am also now really digging on these songs by Puer Kim. I dig the old school swing-y lounge sound they're rocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxWG6Z2i18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyPNjXUUSg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    aaaaaarrrgggghhh.

i couldn't sleep because of reasons, and as i was laying there this poem started running through my head

so i jump up and run to my computer and start typing and the words just... won't fucking come out right. and it's all just trite, cliche shit, which is a huge bummer because i'm actually writing about something super personal and stuff.

and it's MEGA frustrating.

edit: oh, damn, i thought this was the artsy thread.

shit.

well...

uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehFWRG5gHyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3LFML_pxlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy-f1qetjYE

here, i been jamming out to this kinda stuff lately.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Have y'all been listening to Ought?

It sounds like if David Byrne grew up on the Montreal Constellation scene.

It's so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q6WmKCMUYw

It gets super fun at 2:55.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Guys I just found out Mastodon is playing in Detroit on the 24th of October.

Which is like a ~week after my birthday

And I hope to have my license by then.

Guys I am excited to get my license now.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I just got back from the Coheed concert. There were 2 incredible encores, and the album they played is still my favorite of all time.

I probably will have no voice tomorrow and I fucked up my neck pretty bad though. (worth)

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Saw a whole bunch of cool shows this weekend. The smaller bands were really getting after it. The Jane Shermans and Delta Spirit were cool and there was a really fun group called Lettuce that I liked a lot. Cake had the most annoying crowd of lame fratty stoners so we bailed on that. Future Islands were great despite me not really liking their record much.

Matt and Kim were really fun. I hate Grouploves vocals but the band is tight. Outkast and arctic monkeys were both insanely dope. Overall a great time

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Oh, Black Pistol Fire was kickass too.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I loooooove Delta Spirit.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i bought some swank ass new headphones i am pretty damn excited

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    So weird to be listening to a new DFA1979 album

So good to be listening to a new DFA1979 album

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Pooro I just came in here to say that exact thing

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular

Oooooh. Whadja get whatda get? I've been in the market for new cans and always wanna hear about what others get.

Also, just about to track through the new Karen O solo album and the new My Brightest Diamond, just as soon as I get through one more meeting.

• Options
    Thank you mobile browser. :neutral_face:

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I have tickets to see DFA1979 is December, I can only pray that they won't break up again in the interim.

signature.png

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I like this Bohemian Rhapsody cover.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2zBbprrcgBs

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

Oooooh. Whadja get whatda get? I've been in the market for new cans and always wanna hear about what others get.

Also, just about to track through the new Karen O solo album and the new My Brightest Diamond, just as soon as I get through one more meeting.

@wrong_button sorry! i forgot i made that post and never checked back into the thread

i got these: http://www.jlabaudio.com/Products/Bluetooth/Omni/946

and i cannot tell you how happy i am with them

ever since like 10th grade (2009) i've been buying and using jlab earbuds and never had one single complaint as they are cheap and very high quality and come with a complete 1 year warranty so if one is lower than the other or one goes out, you just send it back and they give you a brand new pair

two~ years ago i bought their other over the ear headphones, the bomboras, and fucking loved them, amazing bass, great sound quality, very affordable, but my glasses destroyed the padding because unbeknownst to me after my chinchilla chewed on them it left some sharp parts to the plastic and tore the padding up, so i needed new ones

and then i saw these sweet motherfuckers and jumped on them immediately. they got here two days ago and seriously, i am ecstatic over them. the bluetooth works fantastic but it also includes a flat aux cord.

if you are using them in bluetooth mode, someone else can plug their head/earphones into your Omni and listen to what you're listening to

it also has a slick little wheel on the right ear that you can turn right to skip a track, left to go back, hold right to turn up volume, hold left to turn down volume

if you connect them to a stereo through an aux port in audio in mode, the stereo becomes a bluetooth receiver

they are phenomenal and only 100 bucks but if you send in a pair of old earbuds they have a promotion where you get a 30% off coupon

jlab is the best pretty much and i recommend them to any and everyone

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I may or may not go to riot fest this weekend??????

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Wow, those sound great. I need new in-ear for work. Which model did you have?

Considering their prices I may grab a pair of the Bluetooth like you have to keep in my bag and new in-ears from these guys. Not sure that I've ever heard of them before now.

• Options
    i have tried the j2s j3s j4s j5s j6s and the j.fis

honestly, my favorites were always the j3s, but j3 and above are all great

the j.fis are cool, with the buds being wood and metal

which looks and feels nice though i don't remember the difference in sound quality

but the j3s have fantastic sound quality and i like the way they look the best and are only 20 bucks now

the j4s have a thicker cord which makes it so you don't have to worry about messing up the wires under the plastic so much

i didn't find the j5s and 6s to be that huge of an improvement in sound quality but they're still really good

but just to feel them out, i would definitely recommend grabbing a pair of j3s. i loved the electric blue but i can see that not appealing to some.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    double post but i'll just edit it to say:

choose whichever ones you wanna try pretty much. they're all very similar in price so it really depends on the look/colors you want and they list all the specs of them so you can look at that if you're an audiophile or some such

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I saw Death Cab for Cutie and The National last weekend. Awesome combination. I also saw a bit of Die Antwoord and confirmed that yep, I do not understand Die Antwoord.

Going to see The National again tonight because they're in town and hey why not! Also gonna see Hey Rosetta on Sunday because I will never, ever turn down a chance to see them live.

The first two are from their album Seeds which is incredible; the third is from their upcoming album this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_Nvm-ZEvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfLJUPLIzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S23-lI4brnQ

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    grr I haven't been able to practice driving this week.

I really wanna be able to go to that concert in October though.

Maybe I will look into a bus if I don't get my license.

• Options
    The National is so good live. I saw them in a terrible venue but they killed it anyway.

Plus Owen Pallett played probably half their set and, like, swoooooooon.

• Options
    The National is so good live. I saw them in a terrible venue but they killed it anyway.

The first time I saw them they played Osheaga oh.... five years ago or so? And their sound was fucking terrible and because the lead's voice is so low you could barely hear it.

This time though? Absolutely incredible. I got the tickets to Riotfest at the last second and between them and Death Cab (who were fucking fantastic) it was so very, very worth it.

I've actually done pretty well for myself concert-wise this summer! Queens of the Stone Age at Bluesfest, Modest Mouse and Jack White at Osheaga, and then Riotfest and Folkfest to wrap things up. I guess I've also got tickets to the Black Keys next week, and they were probably the best band I've ever seen live when they headlined Osheaga, so I'm stoked to see them again too!

Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In the mean time I am listening to Mastodon and Gojira right now to pump myself up for the idea of going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM0ltAwpL-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

I've never actually listened to Kvelertak but they are playing too.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

The first time I saw them they played Osheaga oh.... five years ago or so? And their sound was fucking terrible and because the lead's voice is so low you could barely hear it.

This time though? Absolutely incredible. I got the tickets to Riotfest at the last second and between them and Death Cab (who were fucking fantastic) it was so very, very worth it.

I've actually done pretty well for myself concert-wise this summer! Queens of the Stone Age at Bluesfest, Modest Mouse and Jack White at Osheaga, and then Riotfest and Folkfest to wrap things up. I guess I've also got tickets to the Black Keys next week, and they were probably the best band I've ever seen live when they headlined Osheaga, so I'm stoked to see them again too!

I need to get to Osheaga some day. I couldn't go this year because the absolute maximum amount of people that could book off work at once all went together. And not a single one of them saw Nick Cave.

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

I need to get to Osheaga some day. I couldn't go this year because the absolute maximum amount of people that could book off work at once all went together. And not a single one of them saw Nick Cave.

I was only able to go for one day this year, since my sister was moving to England the week after and I had to be a good family member or something dumb. I did see Nick Cave but... I don't think I get Nick Cave.

Osheaga is a great festival though, if you're okay with dealing with a pretty big crowd. They're super well organized and the location is fantastic. Compared to Riotfest Toronto which was just.... I can't really suggest anyone go to that unless they really like the acts.

Steam
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Worst news.

Today I had the worst migraine I've ever had in my life, and as a result I missed the Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show show I was so hype for.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I'm at riot fest! I saw metric! The flaming lips lost power like halfway through their first song! There are no corn dogs, sorry!

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Did they switch to acoustic or anything? How did they roll with it?

• Options
    I was in line for corn dogs. I guess they got the power back on because I definitely heard yoshimi battles the pink robots

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen the Black Keys live? I have tickets for tonight's show, and I'm waffling back and forth between excitement and the desire to stay in bed and watch football all day. Someone get me hyped?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am listening to this mix while i clean my room

poo
  • Options
    cornell wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Black Keys live? I have tickets for tonight's show, and I'm waffling back and forth between excitement and the desire to stay in bed and watch football all day. Someone get me hyped?

Their show when they headlined Osheaga was the best show I've ever seen. Including Radiohead (keeping in mind that I would take a bullet for Thom Yorke) and Arcade Fire and Modest Mouse and just

The energy of the crowd near the front of that stage was magical. And then they did this in the encore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPLqdLzoCEY

It would definitely help if you have GA tickets and can get near the front. You kind of need to be in the crowd to really enjoy their sets.

Steam
  • Options
    I haven't seen their tour this year yet (my tickets are for Wednesday the 17th), so I don't know how great they are this time around. I don't think too many people dug Turn Blue. But their old stuff is great.

The National were wonderful on Friday at Folk Fest! Hurray! They didn't have their super rad lightshow from Riotfest the weekend before though, boo. But we did get informed that it's *weird* that people like to play this song at their weddings, because it has references to the lead singer's dick in them, and he'd prefer if his dick didn't make too many appearances at those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KhGUE_KjIo

Gonna go see Hey Rosetta tonight!

Steam