As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So on Shadowlands, the Imperial Fleet is just gone. Like, it's on the map, but you can't take a ship to it, or use your fleet pass, or leave from your stronghold.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Sounds like a republic victory!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    So on Shadowlands, the Imperial Fleet is just gone. Like, it's on the map, but you can't take a ship to it, or use your fleet pass, or leave from your stronghold.

Meanwhile, on Coruscant:

image002.jpg

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This 12x leveling has been awesome. Although I don't think I'll be able to get through agent, and the two jedi classes before the 1st. Anyone know if they plan on offering a 12x boost again in the future?

edit: Also, Of the 5 I've done so far, Bounty hunter has been my favorite. Less for the story and more for the companions.

soylenth on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Man, as much as there's stuff to DA3 that I'm enjoying... I kinda just want to finish up SWTOR stuff.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Man, as much as there's stuff to DA3 that I'm enjoying... I kinda just want to finish up SWTOR stuff.

I made a character and played thru the intro. I will play it... after I finish up SWTOR.

12x XP!!!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Nah, DA:I takes precedence over finishing SWTOR stories sadly. I've been waiting for it for ages now it feels like.

488W936.png
    Agent post Nar Shaddaa
    I never noticed before, during the cutscene where Zhorrid is torturing Keeper, there are six dead bodies of various Intelligence agents all over the floor.

Set Sass levels to maximum!

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Agent post Nar Shaddaa
    I never noticed before, during the cutscene where Zhorrid is torturing Keeper, there are six dead bodies of various Intelligence agents all over the floor.

Set Sass levels to maximum!

They weren't there already?!!!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    On monday night, I finally got to defeat Brontes on nightmare mode. I'm glad I got to do it before 3.0, otherwise I'd have to have waited a while before I had a shot at it again.

Tonight we downed her again, and I finally got this mount!!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    So I landed my Agent on Alderaan and was going around doing the class story and getting my ass kicked for a while before I noticed all the enemies had +3 levels on me. How the hell did I get so underleveled?

Oh, I forgot to do Tatooine entirely.

12x class XP is a helluva drug.

Niiiiiiiice

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Niiiiiiiiiice! Was this with Chosen Order? Or a Crimson Sky Pug? I really need to get Hayward to get everybody's butt in gear for some more runs in my guild.

kmz on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    kmz wrote: »
    Niiiiiiiiiice! Was this with Chosen Order? Or a Crimson Sky Pug? I really need to get Hayward to get everybody's butt in gear for some more runs in my guild.

Chosen Order.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    end of Agent Chapter 1
    I tried, I tried really hard to justify throwing in with Jadus.

Couldn't do it, though. Dude electrocuted me to death once.

I can't not fuck with him, on general principle.

Sasser-Nine has the last laugh.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Uh, did something break? I lost connection, and now I can't even get to the character select screen, it just sits on a loading screen forever.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Uh, did something break? I lost connection, and now I can't even get to the character select screen, it just sits on a loading screen forever.

Yeah, me too. I took it as a sign to take a break from my Consular shenanigans.

To recap the 12x XP event so far:

IA- 39
    TR- 38
    JK- 36
    BH- 37
    JC- 29

I am really digging Sniper and Consular, though the Consular story blows thus far. I wasn't even going to play one, but then I jumped on my 52 Jugg last night and ran around Ilum a bit and remembered that I don't really care for melee much in this game lol. So it looks like my Vanguard, Powertech, and Guardian aren't going to be seeing much play. But my Sniper and Sage are poised to go all the way this week. :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Yeah speculation is that Origin is down and EA might be getting DDOSed.

edited November 2014
    Yeah, in the launcher I'm getting "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208)" And yet my interwubs is fine.

Shadowen on
    IT'S BACK UP

RESUME SASSING SITH LORDS

IT'S BACK UP

RESUME SASSING SITH LORDS

It may not be entirely back up, I'm getting some hellacious lagspikes

664483.jpg

It seems to be back on again...

"It's on..."

"It's off."

"It's on."

"It's off..."

"That's called blinking, boys."

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Is feature!

My engi sniper hit 50 tonight, so I was able to pull out the Ten-Kilometer Killer a guildie made for me back when she was in her 20s. Then I filled it with purple mods, so now it goes to eleven.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So far on 12x:

smuggler: 35-50

Sorcerer: 1-50

Bounty Hunter: 1-52

Imperial Agent: 1-51

Jedi Guardian: 1-19

I already have a 50 trooper and sith warrior from a year or so ago, so now I'm just seeing if I can finish the two jedi storylines before the bonus is over. Did Tython for the first time last night. Not a fan. yes, I know it's not 55, am just trying to get through the first 3 chapters on each class. The longest part of this leveling process by far is the putting around on my speeder to get to each mission area. Didn't realize until mid-way through BH that a) strongholds on capital worlds are cheap b) they're a GREAT shortcut to ship/fleet/capital cities. I've been getting the conversation/gift legacy bonuses for my companions, and just spamming underworld missions for companion gifts and don't go broke and get 3-4 companions up to max per character, so that's been helping down the line too. My little astromech droid basically carried me through coruscant.

Good times though.

H

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I've gone 1-45 on my smuggler and thats probably where its going to end since I'm not going to have access to SWTOR Wednesday through Monday.

On the plus side, Smuggler Act 1 is great, Smuggler Act 2 gets you my favorite companion so all in all a pretty good 45 levels.

I have been trying to just do the class quests, but having never done the Republic side, I find myself doing all the missions lol. Actually, I am doing them all on the Imp side too with my Agent...

I don't think any of them are going to make it to 55 by the time the XP event is over lol.

Steam
    edited November 2014
    So far, my favorite classes have been the Smuggler, the Agent, and the Inquisitor. Trooper is good, and I like how the right military action is sometimes dark side, sometimes light side, and will always get you dressed down if you don't obey orders. Jedi Knight is OK, but boring (the few times they have the opportunity for fucking with your mind, they run the hell away from. :( ). Consular has a neat premise that involves you critically with all the other classes stories, but the execution is awful so the story is boooooooooorrrringggggg.

But the smuggler has been my favorite, because you can be a sassy smuggler, with a sassy sidekick, chasing after a sassy bad buy. So much sass, and it's hilarious!

Orca on
    Orca wrote: »
    So far, my favorite classes have been the Smuggler, the Agent, and the Inquisitor. Trooper is good, and I like how the right military action is sometimes dark side, sometimes light side, and will always get you dressed down if you don't obey orders. Jedi Knight is OK, but boring (the few times they have the opportunity for fucking with your mind, they run the hell away from. :( ). Consular has a neat premise that involves you critically with all the other classes stories, but the execution is awful so the story is boooooooooorrrringggggg.

But the smuggler has been my favorite, because you can be a sassy smuggler, with a sassy sidekick, chasing after a sassy bad buy. So much sass, and it's hilarious!

Female smuggler voice gets on my nerves, that's why I can't play it. :(

Steam
    I finished the Imperial Makeb storyline for the first time, and it's a lot more fun to be bad than the Republic-side!

When you make an omelet, sometimes you need to break whole continents to do it! And the Inquisitor's voice actress manages a mustache-twirling combination of complete disregard for other people's wellbeing, sneering superiority, and straight up bloodlust that was hilarious to listen to.

• UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

Female smuggler voice gets on my nerves, that's why I can't play it. :(
    Phil and Lil from Rugrats the voice actress was, her voice haunts my childhood dreams. Once I connected that, I couldn't play my fem-smuggler for another minute. Immediately rerolled to the male variant.

Fantastic
  • ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    So is there a referral program for re-subbing? Thinking about picking up a month.

Arlington wrote: »
    So is there a referral program for re-subbing? Thinking about picking up a month.

I know @Strikor was hoping to refer someone. You both get rewards for that.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Aye, I'm still in the market, so to speak. Send me a PM if you want a referral link - I don't want to post it in public just in case it could be interpreted as personal advertising.

• Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Have about 24 hours to finish my IA storyline (sass-level maximum).

In black friday news, Gamestop has 2400 Cartel Coins on sale for $9.99, and the Cartel Market has a lot of markdowns.

• BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I'm also considering jumping back in for a month if there's any referral stuff.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I could throw out some referral stuff as well
    But Strikor's got first dibs

newSig.jpg