As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I probably should hop on SL... since I got a couple of higher level toons, I could buy stuff off the GTN to add to my collection for JC

I'm pretty sure collections are per legacy and therefore per server, unless the unlock is specifically marked account. I think youd be better off transferring a character from Shadowlands to JC.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    I probably should hop on SL... since I got a couple of higher level toons, I could buy stuff off the GTN to add to my collection for JC

I'm pretty sure collections are per legacy and therefore per server, unless the unlock is specifically marked account. I think youd be better off transferring a character from Shadowlands to JC.

As I recall from earlier in the thread, collections are account-wide?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Collections are account-wide.

• Options
    Unlucky wrote: »
    My patching process is stuck at 97.99%. Has anyone got an suggestions to get it to restart or something?

It's stuck because yes, I had to stop it during the patching process and yes, I did turn my computer off and on again.

I tried that bitraider folder idea. Still won't let me repair, because it's patching.

Edit: Aaand the solution was a clean reinstall. Sigh.

Unfortunately, if you interrupt the patch process, yup, your install is borked and you're going to have to start from scratch.

It's pretty irritating since I've had to do that a couple times.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Goosery. Just, goosery.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »

When did that happen?

• Options

When did that happen?

I'm not sure, but all I had unlocked before I transferred to Covenent was a power crystal and a couple outfits. For shits and giggles I took a look at a character I had left on Harbinger and saw it had all the crap I had unlocked fairly recently.

Account-wide stuff also works as intended, which includes things like unlocked races.

Re: collections. All collections are infinitely withdrawable across all characters once unlocked and once you have paid a price in cartel coins.

This cost can be monstrously high, e.g. 500 CC for some mounts, or fairly trivial, like 60 CC for cheap outfits.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Both Strongholds and Conquest seem to be big Crafting Material sinks.
    Pardon me if I'm not sharing (all of) my findings, but I really want to conquer this planet.
    (My guild is currently #2 on our server for [one of the planets].)

But if you do have any questions regarding conquest, ask away.
    (Some of the stuff people say Dulfy says are just plain wrong. Not sure if the guides are wrong, or just hard for people to follow/understand. It's usually the latter.)

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Regarding the Manaan Flashpoint (Forged Alliance, part II),
    I'm only saying this because I know a lot of people missed it,
    (spoiler free, but in case people want to figure it out on their own ...)

To get the one time reward from doing the fp
    Go to Fleet, talk to the droid that gave you the first part of the Forged Alliance arc. (Close to the Flaspoint, inter fleet transport elevator.)
    Get on your ship.
    Use the star map to travel to Manaan. (It's in the center part, off to the right.)
    Go inside and talk to the quest giver. (Just follow the green arrow.)
    Now you can queue for the tactical flashpoint. (Or just walk in if you have someone to help you.)

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Weird. I was able to queue for it without doing any of that nonsense.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Apologies, I meant "in order to get the one-time-reward you need to ..."
    Updated.

And Collections are definitively account wide.
    I'm not saying I have alts across all servers kitted out in Revered Chronicler's Armor Set and purple crystals ... only most of them.

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok, good to see Collection are account wide. I'll need to look more into them then.

Sorry for the whinge by the way. Was just frustrated.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular

Go to Fleet, talk to the droid that gave you the first part of the Forged Alliance arc. (Close to the Flaspoint, inter fleet transport elevator.)
    Get on your ship.
    Use the star map to travel to Manaan. (It's in the center part, off to the right.)
    Now you can queue for the tactical flashpoint. (Or just walk in if you have someone to help you.)

A couple questions about Forged Alliance. Can I still do the first part? I had no idea it was a thing and want to see it all now.
    Secondly, how hard is it to get the tokens for the items? Looks like you only need 4 to get a sweet sword.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Get on your ship.

A couple questions about Forged Alliance. Can I still do the first part?

Yes.
    Secondly, how hard is it to get the tokens for the items? Looks like you only need 4 to get a sweet sword.
    During the flashpoint there is a chance that one of those tokens will drop from a boss (or all of them?). (Same as with the Recovered Relics in Forged Alliance: Part 1.) All party members then get to select Need/Greed on it.
    You also get one token for completing Forged Alliance Part 2.
    I.e. one (1) more token per lvl 55 character you have. (The tokens can be sold on the GTN or sent by mail.)

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    How long does this stupid thing take to patch? It has been an hour and 15 minutes and it's still patching (I am applying the Galactic Strongholds patch as well as whatever they fixed today).

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Collections have been account wide since the start. We had a guy in our guild that would buy rare items on low pop servers to unlock them for his JC toons. Legacy storage is here, as of this Tuesday. I haven't played other MMOs but my understanding is that $15-$20 is pretty standard for transferring one character between servers.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    kmz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Collections have been account wide since the start. We had a guy in our guild that would buy rare items on low pop servers to unlock them for his JC toons. Legacy storage is here, as of this Tuesday. I haven't played other MMOs but my understanding is that $15-$20 is pretty standard for transferring one character between servers.

Well technically legacy storage is here for early access, but not everyone has early access. You had to have subscribed by a certain date to get it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Logged in on Ce'ra to check out Manaan. It's pretty nice looking for a small trade port and reminds me of KOTOR 1's Manaan.

Went to talk to Shen about whatshisface from before and how he wasn't giving us any of my hard earned intel. Just as he was about to get into explaining things, the game crashed.

So I guess I'll find out what happens later.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Finally got my Gunslinger to a point where he can start romancing Akaavi (and Risha at the same time, and Senator Dodonna, and etc., because if you're gonna be a cad, just go all-out and see how long it takes the galaxy to repay such bad karma). She finally starts responding to his advances, as if she just realized what all the cheesy lines were for.

(minor spoilers for Akaavi's storyline)
    "Is this your way of pursuing a relationship?”

"Uh...yes?"

"Five years ago, my lover refused to come to my clan’s aid. I left him. I have not known a man since."

Mandalorian who hasn't had any in five years. Not sure if my smuggler knows what he's in for.

• Options
    So the stronghold quest is once per legacy right? So if I do it on my Republic character I won't be able to on a Imperial?

• Options
    So the stronghold quest is once per legacy right? So if I do it on my Republic character I won't be able to on a Imperial?

Nope! Once per character.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Welp..I went and resubscribed for two months...ugh.

I'm actually having a lot of fun. Taking it super slow and easy since FFXIV is my main game.

Still, it's nice to not have so many restrictions. About to jump off Tython I think.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    I love playing dressup.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive to swap components out; it makes me much more hesitant to change outfits.

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    I love playing dressup.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive to swap components out; it makes me much more hesitant to change outfits.

definitely agree, love rifts system.

Have my eyes on tulak hords chest piece, pretty much the look I have had in my mind for my sith inq.

shame it's still going for 1.7~ mill...and I believe it's pack is no longer on the market, I'd have to check again.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or does the new-ish lightsaber look particularly.... Phallic?

It's called Sorocco or something like that... Newest/cheapest cartel pack one.

Like it's a shaft with a lanyard ring, and a flaired tip/head and that's it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Pffft, when have lightsabers not been phallic, I ask you.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

They are pretty much the definition of young male power fantasy. A phallic appearance is just one of their subtle charms as it were.

They also defy everything we know about light and can cut a man in half.

488W936.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

They are pretty much the definition of young male power fantasy. A phallic appearance is just one of their subtle charms as it were.

They also defy everything we know about light and can cut a man in half.

Naw man, they're Lightsabers because they have fewer calories.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The dream of every young man: To subjugate the wicked and protect the weak with the power of his long, glowing penis.

Seriously though lightsabers are cool.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    So if I were to try and chase an outfit that looked more "casual wear" and not "I have jetpacks and knives sticking out of me every which way", what would be some good item names to keep an eye out for.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So if I were to try and chase an outfit that looked more "casual wear" and not "I have jetpacks and knives sticking out of me every which way", what would be some good item names to keep an eye out for.

Atton Rand.

Various derivatives of street slicer, smuggler, pilot gear.

Huttball jerseys if that's your thing.

Many Jedi robes are casual looking if that is something you might like.

There's quite a few Imp and Pub military uniforms and stuff like that, like Alderaan house guard stuff, that can arguably casual as well.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here also is a list of social gear by planet, which you can get for reasonably cheap when you get social rank to whatever the planet requires. Social levels up when your in group conversations in flashpoints or just questing with someone. If that is something you do then this will also be an option.
    socialarmor1.jpg

A lot of that gear, in terms of lookalikes, can also be found elsewhere in Cartel packs, on the regular galactic market, etc.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nice little update with 2.9: all those sub-level 10 mobs on Makeb that fucked with aggro have been made neutral instead of hostile.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    -Big huge post of complaints-

I don't have much to contribute about these complaints, but I can't help but speak up on one thing.

When you throw around "retarded" as a pejorative, and with such a cavalier attitude, it makes you look like a goose.

Knock that shit off and expand your vocabulary to be less ignorant and stunted.

"This is fucking stupid." is way less dumb, offensive, and foolish than just calling someone or something "retarded". While communicating the exact same message.

• Options
    I've been doing a lot of raiding lately. This comic speaks to me.

i-xjWX863-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    That was written for Wildstar but the sentiment Is universal.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I don't have much to contribute about these complaints, but I can't help but speak up on one thing.

When you throw around "retarded" as a pejorative, and with such a cavalier attitude, it makes you look like a goose.

"This is fucking stupid." is way less dumb, offensive, and foolish than just calling someone or something "retarded". While communicating the exact same message.
    Alright, I do genuinely apologise for the offence I've caused you or anyone else.

Honestly, it's a bit of a culture shock for me here. People I spend time with in real life do this frivolously and without thought.

As a consequence, sometimes that bleeds from me onto the internet. I'll edit that section of complaints, and I'll also pipe down a bit.

I've been posting far too much for my own good, clearly. Thanks for calling me out though, I appreciate reality checks.

Edit: On topic, any way to get regular storage for Strongholds? Or is it just Legacy?

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Another neat change with 2.9: before, it was just the newer planets and the space stations. Now, all the planets have the fancy new "your ship is approaching a planet" animation with a moving camera and dynamic lighting and specific music and shit.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

Alright, I do genuinely apologise for the offence I've caused you or anyone else.

Honestly, it's a bit of a culture shock for me here. People I spend time with in real life do this frivolously and without thought.

As a consequence, sometimes that bleeds from me onto the internet. I'll edit that section of complaints, and I'll also pipe down a bit.

I've been posting far too much for my own good, clearly. Thanks for calling me out though, I appreciate reality checks.

Edit: On topic, any way to get regular storage for Strongholds? Or is it just Legacy?

Been wondering the same but it looks like you're stuck with Legacy storage at home. Luckily you can go directly to your ship or fleet from the apartment and access personal storage/gtn from there.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Can I be one of the first that says he REALLY liked the pack they threw in for a week that gave you an ENTIRE costume set for 1000cc? Maybe it wasn't necessarily an outfit you would use often, but it was the WHOLE THING!

I truly hope that comes back at times. I went all in and bought three when I realized the potential.

wbee62u815wj.png