As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BUTTONEERING - #ButtonRadar is enabled! Look for the info in the OP.

• Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    I would love to hear what ideas people have for carrying/displaying their buttons that doesn't require wearing additional layers of clothing. A bandolier type thing (mentioned above) seems like a good option... what else do people do? I usually carry a timbuk2 bag around with me at pax, but I don't love the idea of pinning them to that and poking a million little holes in the waterproof lining. :\

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I use a cinch bag that I carry in my backpack. Super detailed buttons that can't go in the bag end up getting worn.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Cheese of BorgCheese of Borg Registered User regular
    Hmm... Still thinking about my Pin for this year... perhaps a metro 2033 theme?

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    Got Sleepy Kitty's button designed now to finish my own I like how hers turned out but will leave it to her to show it off

• Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I'm in again. My button button will be back this year in some lovely shade of blue (can you believe this is year #5?! Time flies!). If you've been buttoneering since I began, your rainbow is almost complete! Undecided whether I'll have a bonus button.

Covet on
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    draklan wrote: »
    Got Sleepy Kitty's button designed now to finish my own I like how hers turned out but will leave it to her to show it off

Button has been uploaded the buttonering site , haven't decide how many I'm ordering I'll adjust the # listed once I actually have them on hand.

Sleepy Kitty on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    man i have no idea what i'm going to do button wise this year. last year's KSA button was my last gasp of creative thought.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    man i have no idea what i'm going to do button wise this year. last year's KSA button was my last gasp of creative thought.

I feel like that every-other year. One year will be like "yeah, I love my design!" and the next is "well, it's something alright." Give it time and you'll think of something.

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I have an idea of what I want in my head but I cant draw :( so I need to find someone who can or to learn use photoshop/paint WELL. I also might be lucky enough to have a bonus button or two :)

• Options
    LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    I have decided to re-make the wood buttons again. For those of you who got them last year, any design requests? People seemed to love the birds.

Also, I've decided to have bonus buttons. They will be gold Mario stars. Will post pictures once they are painted.

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Options
    LadyBee wrote: »
    I have decided to re-make the wood buttons again. For those of you who got them last year, any design requests?

I didn't get a nipple one from last year! I'd love it if you could make one this year. :)

• Options
    zannahzannah Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    soozerella wrote: »
    I would love to hear what ideas people have for carrying/displaying their buttons that doesn't require wearing additional layers of clothing. A bandolier type thing (mentioned above) seems like a good option... what else do people do? I usually carry a timbuk2 bag around with me at pax, but I don't love the idea of pinning them to that and poking a million little holes in the waterproof lining. :\

I don't generally display most of my buttons when collecting them. I do pin some to the strap of my messenger bag.

On the advice of someone last year, I "invested" in a chalk bag (from REI) to carry my buttons. It came with a carabiner to clip to my bag or belt. It's open-topped, so you can get in and out of it really quickly. (But it's deep enough that they don't just tumble out everywhere.)

I had multiple button designs, so I put them all in open plastic baggies inside the chalk bag, so they didn't get mixed up. Then I just put the buttons I acquired into the chalk bag loosely at the bottom. (I emptied it out each day into a bigger baggie I brought for storing in my backpack.)

It's the best/most efficient solution I've used in buttoneering so far.

edit: also - A++ for tokidoki unicorno. :D

zannah on
  • Options
    I would love to hear what ideas people have for carrying/displaying their buttons that doesn't require wearing additional layers of clothing.

I have a Knitted Steel lanyard (shout out!) that I display my buttons on. The bulk are traded from my bag. Many booths hand out buttons and most people won't wear multiples of the same one (except for those Intel ones). So having multiples in a visible location - hat, lanyard, bag - makes it a lot easier to spot a buttoneer.

There's also the standard buttoneer call "Buttons?" and response "Buttons!" :P Don't be afraid to ask someone if they're a Buttoneer. Use that word vs. asking them if they trade buttons. Many non-buttoneers will happily trade their booth pins for yours.

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Very good to know as this is my first year buttonering.

• Options
    I would love to hear what ideas people have for carrying/displaying their buttons that doesn't require wearing additional layers of clothing.

I use a small backpack. As I get new buttons I pin them to the backpack. It becomes the epic bag of holding. Although it does get a bit heavy by the end of PAX, it makes it easier for other buttoneers to find me.
    Covet wrote: »
    I didn't get a nipple one from last year! I'd love it if you could make one this year. :)

Everyone seemed to love the nipples, I shell bring more.

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    Thanks for the ideas, everyone! Sounds like it's time for me to start evaluating my bag needs/choices and figure out what's going to work best for me. I'm gravitating toward the idea of the chalk bag or something similar that I can hang from my existing bag.

Now to actually narrow down my design options so that I can get my buttons made... :astonished:

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    I believe this is the year for a new Buttoneering pin.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

I use my Nintendo Star bag to display multiples of my button as well as draklan's and carry the pins inside the bag , While draklan wear's a vest that starts out with multiples of his pin and slowly begins to hold everyone's button but his.

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Do we have a button ordering code yet?

Should I make a bonus button with my new puppy, Sirella?

Also, I have a camelbak that is used exclusively for PAX, and I attach buttons to that throughout the weekend. If there are any particularly prized ones I'll keep them aside, but I've not lost any yet. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    wife and I plan on being in again if finances allow. I'll be continuing the Munchkin avatar. I just need to decide which one to use next.

• Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    Due to going to both Everfree Northwest and PAX I have a ton of button designs. I took most of my pony buttons to Everfree so I only have about 30 of each left over for PAX (Still 210 in total). If you see one you just HAVE TO HAVE just pm me and I'll put it aside into a special bag to be saved for you. You must tell me you PM'd me so I grab the one for you.
    buttons.jpg

I also have left overs from last year if you don't prefer ponies!

Let there be games!
  • Options
    Josh@purebuttons.comJosh@purebuttons.com OhioRegistered User regular
    Hello Everyone!

I have been getting some emails inquiring about the new PAX Prime discount code.

ITS HERE! Use PAXPRIME in the promo field to receive the 15% discount!

I would also like to tell you about the new additions we have made to our site. Many of you have requested these options over the past years. We are always listening to your feedback so we decided implement.
    • New Minimum Order Quantity - 25 pieces per design
    • Cheaper Shipping Method - USPS Priority Mail (for orders under 1 pound)
    • Acetate - Metallic finish is now an online ordering option
    • Standard Production time is now 3-5 business days plus ship time

Enjoy!

Josh

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thanks a bunch Josh :)

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    As always, Josh, thanks a lot.

Everyone else, sorry I'm not on the ball this year, guys. Life happens, and sometimes it happens more than you want. In any case, I'm going to start working on updates to the Android app and the site, as well as getting the schedule finalized. With the new format of the Q&A, we may have to pick a different time to present G&T with the button board.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Using a signing session usually works well for that sort of thing, although less public.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Using a signing session usually works well for that sort of thing, although less public.

Yeah, that's been my backup in previous years where there were scheduling conflicts.

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    How many buttons should a first timer order? I don't recall seeing people with buttons in past years, though admittedly I wasn't exactly looking. I don't want to wind up with a whole bunch of leftovers.

Got the designs pretty much finalized, for the Acquisitions Inc fans out there.

8krxzzcki9d8.jpg

I'll be carrying Gabe Darkmagic, and my pal @BrewtiCon‌ will be carrying Tycho Dran.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    How many buttons should a first timer order? I don't recall seeing people with buttons in past years, though admittedly I wasn't exactly looking. I don't want to wind up with a whole bunch of leftovers.

8krxzzcki9d8.jpg

I'll be carrying Gabe Darkmagic, and my pal @BrewtiCon‌ will be carrying Tycho Dran.

I usually do two designs like you have this year and order 100 of each. However if you are each carrying one design each I'd say 150-200. The one year I had a single design I ran out at 100 buttons and had nothing to trade at the final button meet up.

I hope to find you, those button designs are great!

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Options
    JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I finally decided on my button designs for this year. My main button will be....
    AHrX9PF.jpg
    a Hylian shield! With a metallic finish.

Also as a bonus...
    iT4Y4Fz.jpg
    the Zora Sapphire. Metallic as well. I'm not sure what I'll have the challenge be for this one yet.

I might also do a small run of the Zora Shells again this year. Depends if I still have some good resin to cast them.

Jindrax on
  • Options

I just ordered my buttons and used the promo code and got $5.10 off a $147 order. Even taking off the proof fees ($20) and metallic upcharge ($24), that's only a 5% discount. I appreciate it, of course, but figured I should let y'all know in case it was entered incorrectly.

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    alegria wrote: »

I just ordered my buttons and used the promo code and got $5.10 off a $147 order. Even taking off the proof fees ($20) and metallic upcharge ($24), that's only a 5% discount. I appreciate it, of course, but figured I should let y'all know in case it was entered incorrectly.

His username is his email address. Try letting them know that way.

• Options
    jonxp wrote: »
    alegria wrote: »

His username is his email address. Try letting them know that way.

Ah, derp. Email sent, I'll let y'all know what I hear back. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Transistor Designs
    PPB14_1.png
    PPB14_2.png
    PPB14_3.png

Might make some changes and try some new things. Also debating if I want to do a Guardians of the Galaxy button.

Order should be placed by early next week.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »

8krxzzcki9d8.jpg

I usually do two designs like you have this year and order 100 of each. However if you are each carrying one design each I'd say 150-200. The one year I had a single design I ran out at 100 buttons and had nothing to trade at the final button meet up.

I hope to find you, those button designs are great!
    150-200 per person is good. Expect to give away your last 50-80 at the final buttoneer meetup right after pax ends.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Buttons ordered and I got the shipping notification yesterday!

Main button, 1.5" square - ordered with a metallic finish:
    Alassel2014_v1.jpg?1405366892

Bonus button, 1.25" round - my youngest puppy, Sirella (the cropping is off on this one):
    Alassel2014_Bonus.png?1405366989

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    both mine and Sleepy Kitty's Buttons finally ordered, as PAX gets closer I can't help but get more excited. I love Buttoneering and I love just talking with all of you as we exchange Buttons. This always gives Prime such a Huge sense of community.

• Options
    JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    PureButtons was really fast this year. They shipped out mine the day after I ordered. Got them in the mail today. They turned out quite nice.
    eOoyoMC.jpg

• Options
    AndtercelAndtercel Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    New to the button design thing but here is my go. Made good version and evil version plus bonus. Going with brother and friend. Bonus button going with metallic where you see white.

49budx6e8btn.pngayurxfat5jqe.pngl4b0f4wc5vg3.png

Andtercel on
  • Options
    MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    sad there is no friday meetup i was only able to get tickets for that day. i'm only getting a small batch of buttons this time around hopefully i will see some people Friday.

• Options
    Do we have a schedule for the meetups or am I just blind and didn't see it?

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.