As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BUTTONEERING - #ButtonRadar is enabled! Look for the info in the OP.

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    LadyBee wrote: »
    Do we have a schedule for the meetups or am I just blind and didn't see it?

It's in the first post under "Events Schedule"

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Anybody want to volunteer their awesome design skills to do a button design for the Pre-PAX Game Night? The theme is Fantastic Voyage.

Got one! Design is below :)

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    My buttons arrived yesterday!!!!
    gcptcbr.jpg

I'm SUPER happy with how the F5 button came out. My bonus is a little darker than I intended, but oh well too late now. By the way, to earn my bonus you must either trade me your bonus button or answer one of two questions:
    Who is Sirella? "Alegria's new puppy" is an accurate but incorrect answer here. ;)
    What is the name of one of Alegria's dogs? "Sirella" again is an accurate but incorrect answer here. Protip - I've given out buttons with all four of my other dogs on them over the past few years, and they are ALL named after characters from the same show.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Sorry if this has been answered already but when is the latest safe day to place a button order? Ie ensure the arrive intime for pax.

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    both Sleepy Kitty's and my buttons arrived the other day and hers look fantastic.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited July 2014
    Sorry if this has been answered already but when is the latest safe day to place a button order? Ie ensure the arrive intime for pax.

I believe you can have them work on them the next day (rush order) and shipped overnight, although those two options would add significantly to your cost. I once placed an order for a button Monday morning after a particularly nasty bag stuffing year and had them in my hands early Thursday. It all depends on your personal procrastination vs funds available ratio.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pre-PAX Game Night Buttons! Available at the Sheraton Boardgame Meetup the night before PAX. Thanks @JobiwanKenobi‌ for the design!
    p2by2hph1buf.jpg

EDIT: Added spoiler because all the other kids are doing it.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I haven't actually pulled the trigger on my order yet (I'm weirdly nervous that I'm going to screw it up somehow!), but I did get my designs nailed down and uploaded to the Buttoneering site.

My main button, incorporating my forum avatar (the design should fill more of the space on the real thing; was just having cropping issues w/the site):
    Pwny_Logo_Final_-_cropped_2.png?1405959178

And my bonus button, which I drew while sitting in front of the computer during all those anxious F5ing days back in May:
    F5_Army_-_cropped.png?1405959481

soozerella on
    PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Finally settled on designs for this year's crop of buttons... here is my main button:
    1m6mh5zpla64.png

And, just because, here is my BONUS button...
    tjriujhx7ks9.png

JobiwanKenobi on

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular

Assuming you don't rush the order, I would say two weeks out from your travel date for PAX. That gives a week for processing and a week for delivery. This is the *super conservative* estimate, and you'll likely be good past that point, but I'd say that's the "safe" deadline.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    jonxp wrote: »

Assuming you don't rush the order, I would say two weeks out from your travel date for PAX. That gives a week for processing and a week for delivery. This is the *super conservative* estimate, and you'll likely be good past that point, but I'd say that's the "safe" deadline.

I ordered mine after close of business on Wednesday. Got my shipping confirmation at 9:30 on Friday morning. FedEx says delivery in Seattle on Thursday. So if you need to speed up the process, your money is better spent on expedited shipping than on rush production.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I classed mine up this year.
    609swsmu2bml.jpg

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    buttons are ordered, hope the body's are ready

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Buttons ordered!
    CloudBank.png
    Camerata.png

I also put up my extra buttons from East (still has old rim text, ignore it). Nothing special required for my bonus buttons, just ask!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    Just an alert, to guarantee you get everything on time with no issues, you'll want to put your order in before August 15th. That's only a couple weeks away!

• Options
    SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    Hello, everyone. I was the guy with the three Skyrim shield buttons last year. I am excited about the new metalized buttons so I can do iron and steel. I did wood last year.

Sadly, something came up that took my saved cash right before tickets went on sale, and when I got the money back, it was far too late to get tickets. So PAX Prime is out for me this year. While I MIGHT be able to work something out to make three new shields and have someone help me with trading, first, I don't think it's in the spirit of the thing to do it that way, and second, I'm dropping cash like a madman on our group Extra Life event for October and I'm not likely to have "disposable" button funds until mid-September.

I am hoping I can go to PAX South, and I'm hoping the buttoneering is as popular there as it is at Prime.

Everyone, have a good time and think fondly of meeee.....

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    My buttons have arrived in Seattle a mere 27 days before I do! Apologies for potato.
    wonfwtgskmcf.jpg

• Options
    Yaaaay, my buttons arrived today and they look perfect! Also, I did not fully comprehend just how heavy 200 buttons would be...
    lqiomt9rvu5q.jpg

• Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    they are here, pure buttons are simply an amazing bunch of people.
    mbe46jujq3yt.jpg

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Uploaded this to the site a while ago but I figured I'd post it here. I've been putting off ordering since I wanted to try and do some art for a bonus button (Pacific Rim) but right now it doesn't look like I'll have time. For some reason the color is turning out a bit off wherever I upload it so I'll have to see if I can do something about that.
    GodzillaButtonPreview2_zps1da41d40.jpg

Goblin Screwdriver on
    PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So, since i still have generated basically zero clever ideas, i thought about doing this as a normal/bonus combo since i've done basically everything else for games people would recognize :P
    kk4DVWT.jpg
    4Lca0MI.jpg

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    So, since i still have generated basically zero clever ideas, i thought about doing this as a normal/bonus combo since i've done basically everything else for games people would recognize :P
    kk4DVWT.jpg
    4Lca0MI.jpg

Um... for zero ideas, that's pretty frackin' awesome.

• Options
    ButteryButtery Registered User new member
    Here is my button! I uploaded it to the Buttoneering page, but the image got cut off so here's a link: i.imgur.com/40chfAl.jpg.

• Options
    Buttery wrote: »
    Here is my button! I uploaded it to the Buttoneering page, but the image got cut off so here's a link: i.imgur.com/40chfAl.jpg.
    Looks good to me... http://buttoneering.org/buttons/1081

• Options
    ButteryButtery Registered User new member
    Still looks cut off.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @jonxp‌'s link looks identical to yours actually :P maybe you need to clear your cache if they look different? or maybe it's a browser issue?

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    unfortunately due to financing this year, I will be unable to do buttons. sad given I was enjoying the running tradition but 4+months unemployment kinda sucked out the excess cash. Have fun and see some of you at PAX.

• Options
    zannahzannah Registered User regular
    Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like there less (forum active, at least) Buttoneers this year? I've noticed there are a number of folks that normally participate that are not this year, whether due to finances (as above) or not attending. (I read somewhere Serenity is not attending this year, for instance.) Also not sure if some of that is due to the ticketpocalypse?

This question isn't specifically brought on by SoleIron's post above; I'd been thinking about it over the last couple of weeks.

I guess I'm just hoping this isn't dying out. This is probably silly, but Buttoneering was actually the reason I started attending all days of PAX and opened my eyes to the things I was missing. (I'm not much of a panel person and I'm local, so prior to doing Buttoneers I would generally hit the exhibit floor in one day and then game with my friends off-site.)

• Options
    I've been thinking for the last several weeks that the prime forum overall seems to be a lot slower than previous years. I was surprised, for example, how slow TWDT tickets were moving after the last time I went in 2012 where they sold out all houses in minutes. Kinda feels like the looming end of an era.
    zannah wrote: »
    Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like there less (forum active, at least) Buttoneers this year? I've noticed there are a number of folks that normally participate that are not this year, whether due to finances (as above) or not attending. (I read somewhere Serenity is not attending this year, for instance.) Also not sure if some of that is due to the ticketpocalypse?

This question isn't specifically brought on by SoleIron's post above; I'd been thinking about it over the last couple of weeks.

I guess I'm just hoping this isn't dying out. This is probably silly, but Buttoneering was actually the reason I started attending all days of PAX and opened my eyes to the things I was missing. (I'm not much of a panel person and I'm local, so prior to doing Buttoneers I would generally hit the exhibit floor in one day and then game with my friends off-site.)

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Mmm, definitely sparser participation this year than any other. With the passage of time, things are bound to change. I checked into the forum today to see how many buttons I should get (still finalizing a design) and I suppose I will be getting fewer this year than the last. Hopefully, I will still be able to find a bunch of you fine folks out there during the convention to trade with.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So, I actually ordered my buttons before I was submitting the design to the buttoneering website, so I didn't see that note about the rim text to include in the order. I hope that won't be an issue with anyone.

• Options
    So, I actually ordered my buttons before I was submitting the design to the buttoneering website, so I didn't see that note about the rim text to include in the order. I hope that won't be an issue with anyone.

It's totally optional. The rim text just makes it easier to figure out who gave you the button and when.

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    PureButtons was Johnny On The Spot this year. Scored 300 1.5 inch square ones, and I think the "shipped" email came the day after I ordered. Using my offering this year as a shameless plug for my card game. Plus, they are WAY more fun than business cards.

Taking my collection this year and scaling it a bit. And by scaling it, I mean taking my vest and layering the buttons so I have a scale mail quality to it. Should be a fun way to pass a few episodes of The Leftovers. TSA should be a hoot, too. See you in 3 weeks!

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I dont think anyone has yet had an issue traveling with a bag full of buttons.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    I've been a busy busy with GISHWHES but I'm still completing my buttons. Anyone for requests? (Handmade wooden buttons.)

Also have bonus buttons. Not sure what you are going to have to do to earn those ones...

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ok, my button is done and ordered. I uploaded it onto the site so people can spoil it for themselves over there. :) Mine was rushed this time around and I hate myself for not spending more time on it.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    I snagged a cute little drawstring bag (originally meant for knitting) off etsy to hold my buttons and I think it's going to work out great. It has a carabiner for hanging off my main bag and it's very roomy & sturdy.
    q8aznqenm1ml.jpg

Once the bag arrived, I thought I was all set on the button front... but the mr has decided now that he wants to play, too, so I guess I have to whip up some buttons for him as well. :)

• Options
    SreslaSresla Registered User regular
    New buttoneer joining this year and I have a question.

I'm working on finalizing my design with the Pure Buttons template. However, I cannot determine how to add rim text to the actual design. Is this something I add during checkout and I don't need to worry about it in the .psd file? Additionally, can someone who's worked with the metallic acetate let me know - does the white have to be pure white in the graphic?

Lastly, I probably missed it, but what are bonus buttons?

• Options
    Sresla wrote: »
    New buttoneer joining this year and I have a question.

I'm working on finalizing my design with the Pure Buttons template. However, I cannot determine how to add rim text to the actual design. Is this something I add during checkout and I don't need to worry about it in the .psd file? Additionally, can someone who's worked with the metallic acetate let me know - does the white have to be pure white in the graphic?

Lastly, I probably missed it, but what are bonus buttons?

Welcome to the fun!

So, the rim text is something you can add yourself if you know how. If not, upload your design to Buttoneering, and follow steps 3 and 4 in the OP. You'll be able to add the info in the notes at checkout time.

The Bonus Buttons are buttons that have a "special requirement" to get. Your "regular" button is what you trade in exchange for everyone else's regular button. The bonus buttons are for maybe a community, or for people who sing you a song, or whatever you want.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Buttons ordered, just my forum avatar with the rim text. Hope they arrive in time, I slept on this for a bit.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky