As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mario Sports] Discuss Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball and more!

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Is it too late to get the season pass for golf?

I don't know for sure with Mario Golf, but season passes usually don't have an expiration date.

How does it pop up or such in the eshop?

In game, in the DLC shop, it shows 4 options: Season Pass, Mushroom Pack, Flower Pack, and Star Pack.
    In the eshop, it only shows the Season Pass, the Mushroom Pack, and the Free-Trial Pack.

Season passes generally get people to buy more DLC than they would without the pass option, so I can't really see them getting rid of it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have yet to buy the game all it shows for me is the demo, more info, even more info and the demo

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm digging this game! I even bought the season pass. I like when I do a tournament you see the shots of others as you play.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
      Is it too late to get the season pass for golf?

I don't know for sure with Mario Golf, but season passes usually don't have an expiration date.

Id say the gold mario release would probably be the end of the offer

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    • Options
      Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
      The season pass is just buying all three packs together(basically preordering the star pack and buying the flower and mushroom one). Im sure it wont expire. I am enjoying the game enough that i bought it, but I didnt realize at the time that i wouldnt be able to use Rosalina until next month =\

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    • Options
      Anyone know how to unlock all the courses (not the downloadable ones)

• Options
        TimFiji wrote: »

Go play the Castle Club mode. You have to play a practice round to get your handicap, play a tournament to qualify for the championship, then win the championship to unlock the next course.

• Options
        Private golf tournament: PA OPEN

Bring your caddies and your clubs! The code is
        00-0171-7988-8413

Tournament will be open for 5 days! I look forward to playing with you guys!

• Options

Go play the Castle Club mode. You have to play a practice round to get your handicap, play a tournament to qualify for the championship, then win the championship to unlock the next course.

There also seems to be quite a few things to unlock in quick round -> single player -> challenges

• Options
          skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

00-0171-7988-8413

Did you seriously have to pick my worst course with the highest wind settings? It's gonna take forever to get a good score!

Nintendo Console Codes
          Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
          PM Me if you add me!
          HAIL HYDRA
        • Options
          ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
          I'm trying out that tournament. This is an awesome rendition of the Yoshi's Story main song.

• Options

00-0171-7988-8413

Finished and score posted. I got a lucky chip-in eagle, but didn't really do much else the rest of the match. I did use my Mii though... I also noticed that star characters were available, but felt kind of cheap to use one. I'm not sure if other people have some unlocked yet or not.

• Options
          Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
          Aaaaaand just sunk an 83 ft putt for an Eagle. Woo golfs!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
        • Options
          BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
          You can't save and quit in the middle of a tournament? I was going through a practice tournament to earn my handicap, and wanted to take a break and play something else. But when you press start and quit it doesn't look like you can save your progress, have to go through all 18 holes.

• Options
          King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
          Arteen wrote: »
          I'm trying out that tournament. This is an awesome rendition of the Yoshi's Story main song.

High praise considering theres like ten remixes in the actual game

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
        • Options
          edited May 2014
          skeldare wrote: »

00-0171-7988-8413

Did you seriously have to pick my worst course with the highest wind settings? It's gonna take forever to get a good score!

Ha, sorry! I have never played this course, just kind of wanted to give this a test go! I forget what the character options were. What do star characters have, just really good stats?

e: I didn't set highest wind, should just be on normal.

TimFiji on
          • Options
            skeldare wrote: »

00-0171-7988-8413

Ha, sorry! I have never played this course, just kind of wanted to give this a test go! I forget what the character options were. What do star characters have, just really good stats?

e: I didn't set highest wind, should just be on normal.

It's a great course, I just don't have enough practice at it. And I just assumed the wind was high since it always seemed to be 11m, probably just my luck.

I will try to get a good score though! :)

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • Options
            redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
            Oooooh. I'll have to get in on this tournament. I'm liking the game (Golf) quite a bit.

bYf6vNQ.png
            Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
            [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
          • Options
            Just submitted my score! You're right, that is a rough course haha. Love the art though

• Options
              Now, when you submit your score, can you play as much as you want until the tourney ends to get your best score up there? Or are you set with your first one?

bYf6vNQ.png
            • Options
              No idea! I think so

• Options
                Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
                redfield85 wrote: »
                Now, when you submit your score, can you play as much as you want until the tourney ends to get your best score up there? Or are you set with your first one?

I think so? but ties go to the oldest score afaik?

aeNqQM9.jpg
              • Options
                I'm a one try and done type of guy for this stuff. Give it my all and hope I do well!

• Options
                  Ok. That course is fucking HARD. I used Bowser. Went +8. Haha. It says you can play again, so maybe I'll try that again in a bit.

That wind is the largest goose ever.

bYf6vNQ.png
                • Options
                  Sorry! :( Next one I won't pick a course blindly

• Options
                    Is it just me or is the audio in Mario Golf really low? On my XL I practically have my volume all the way up just to hear the music. Pretty jarring when you go back to the home menu and have the speakers blare at you.

• Options
                    edited May 2014
                    This may seem obvious, but don't let it overwrite your old score if your new score is lower when you replay a tournament. I assumed it would just take the higher score, but it just completely replaced it. When you do decline to upload your score, it is going to put a mark by the tournament, letting you know you can still upload it if you want.

Ratsult2 on
                  • Options
                    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
                    -6 is my current score. the wind is alright once you get used to it, just have to play a bit safe with your shots.

i really hate that first hole on yoshi though, like 80% chance you're going to end up in those water pools at some point.

aeNqQM9.jpg
                  • Options
                    Water hazards are a bitch.

Nintendo Console Codes
                    PM Me if you add me!
                    HAIL HYDRA
                  • Options
                    Went from +8 (Bowser) to +3 (Mii) to -1 (Mii).

While I was salty at the course selection, it is definitely just a matter of getting used to it. Are there any prizes for winning a private tournament? Or we just keep unlocking items to purchase? I wish this had like a game card or tag you can associate with your account.

bYf6vNQ.png
                  • Options
                    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
                  • Options
                    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
                    Is it just me or is the audio in Mario Golf really low? On my XL I practically have my volume all the way up just to hear the music. Pretty jarring when you go back to the home menu and have the speakers blare at you.

I hadn't noticed at all, but golf is usually a quieter game...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
                    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
                  • Options
                    Gave the tourney another shot before I leave for hockey right now. Got another -1. So many missed putts though. Once I get those down, I can probably hit -3 or -4. I'm kind of happy these levels are hard. It makes you work for it.

bYf6vNQ.png
                  • Options
                    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
                    Mario Golf, once you turn off gyroscope viewing, is so fucking rad

• Options
                    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
                    i was heading home from work and checked for Mario Golf at Target. Sold out. Bummer Maybe tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
                    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
                  • Options
                    Going back to easy controls for a while. No point in considering back/topspin if I can't hit straight.

• Options
                    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
                    I feel like a dummy here, but I'm confused by the different tournaments. There are some available from the main/title menu, and some downstairs. What's the difference? Do I need to do them all in order to earn/unlock new gear?

Also, is there any way to rotate the camera other than using the gyroscope? That doesn't really do what I want.

Great game so far! Haven't sprung for the season pass yet, but probably will soon.

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
                  • Options
                    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
                    Mysfyt wrote: »
                    I feel like a dummy here, but I'm confused by the different tournaments. There are some available from the main/title menu, and some downstairs. What's the difference? Do I need to do them all in order to earn/unlock new gear?

Also, is there any way to rotate the camera other than using the gyroscope? That doesn't really do what I want.

Great game so far! Haven't sprung for the season pass yet, but probably will soon.

Downstairs in the Country Club is Nintendo tournaments. The one you get to from the menu is tournaments run by players.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
                    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
                    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
                  • Options

Downstairs in the Country Club is Nintendo tournaments. The one you get to from the menu is tournaments run by players.

Not exactly... the tournaments down the stairs in the Castle Club are Mii only tournaments. There are official Nintendo tournaments in the quick round section (Mario Open), they are just not limited to Miis.

• Options
                    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular

Not exactly... the tournaments down the stairs in the Castle Club are Mii only tournaments. There are official Nintendo tournaments in the quick round section (Mario Open), they are just not limited to Miis.

Oh.

This guy is probably more correct than me, listen to them :P

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
                    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
                    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!