As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    tumblr_n4vrlc84T51rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

I'd love to see a replay of that #1 score.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Hey Wii U thread!

Don't get The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Carry on!

I'll pick it up at the $20 price point just as I did its predecessor.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Hey Wii U thread!

Don't get The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Carry on!

I'll pick it up at the $20 price point just as I did its predecessor.

What's interesting is that Amazon already has it for $40.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh geez this gif. Have to link it because it's too big but man. Seriously.
    Do I need to buy this thread a pair of poms-poms or something?

It's getting so bad that they're praising Nintendo for day one dlc in the Mario golf thread. Day One DLC, which gets other companies run through the wringer around here.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I think the day one DLC for Mario Golf is fine

But I also think it's fine for other companies too

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I love Mario Golf but it having day one DLC is making me iffy on picking it up.

I probably will do it begrudgingly because I love Mario Golf, but it is pretty shitty, personally.

• Options
    EmbassyEmbassy Captain CanadaRegistered User regular
    The best Spider-Man swinging and game has been Ultimate Spider-Man on the GameCube. So far nothing since that has come close.

And I feel so sorry for everyone that thought having Watch Dogs on Wii U would be a chance for a big 3rd party game to do well. Because MK is going to destroy it (on Wii U). And that makes me feel sorry for myself, because I was one of those people, then they moved the release date, and the last hope of 3rd party support died inside of me.

Add me on Wii U! NNID: DJEmbassy
    Add me on 3DS! 3351-4071-0684
  • Options
    ShatterShockShatterShock Registered User regular
    I just got a Wii U yesterday, and I guess I should be more salty about the Mario Kart bundle being announced today. However, I had already made a conscious decision to get the gamepad with the Zelda decals. Plus I already had a steering wheel and wiimote sitting around (it's so nice to be able to play my Wii games again) and I'll still get free Pikmin or New Super Mario Bros when I buy Mario Kart separately.

Random thoughts:

- Holy crap this controller is obnoxiously huge, and this is from somebody who loved the Xbox duke. I'm really wishing those shoulders were closer the triggers, L and R are just awkward to get to.
    - Is there really no place on the gamepad to attach a wrist strap? Considering the relative irreplacability of the device that seems very unwise.
    - I had to dock my gamepad from a low battery before I could get through what felt like an hour and a half of updating and configuring. Great first impression!
    - Let's try using a picture to make my Mii... Well, that was unflattering.
    - There's something...strangely hypnotizing about watching all of those random players talking about random games.
    - Thank Christ they overhauled the eShop interface. It's not perfect but it's miles better than the Wii eShop.
    - Hunh, controlling the TV inputs with the gamepad is sorta cool. The TV interface feels a bit sluggish, though.
    - Played Rhythm Heaven Fever and N.Y. Gunblade. It seems that the Wii U upscales Wii games pretty nicely.
    - Downloaded Super Mario World from Club Nintendo. Immediately changed button layout to put SNES L and R on the Wii U triggers.
    - Played the Sonic Transformed demo, for the sake of comparison since I own it on 360 and Vita. It looks just like the 360 version of better or worse. Minimap on the gamepad is useless. Doing tricks on the right stick... yeah, it's definately going to be a while before I can come to grips with moving my thumb down to the buttons and up to the stick.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, I like the Wii U Game Pad for the most part

But the L/R buttons just have the shittiest placement

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I probably will do it begrudgingly because I love Mario Golf, but it is pretty shitty, personally.

Based on what? It has the same amount of courses as the previous game before DLC. Its cheaper than a normal 3DS game. And they're going to let people try the dlc holes out with online demo tournies .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Based on what? It has the same amount of courses as the previous game before DLC. Its cheaper than a normal 3DS game. And they're going to let people try the dlc holes out with online demo tournies .

Based on not liking day 1 DLC. Also it's $40 in my neck of the woods.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The one positive I will give the L/R buttons is that they aren't analog which is nice for Pinball. I use a 360 pad on the PC version and using the triggers is a pain because they're analog and using the bumpers is a pain because they are located awkwardly. The Gamepad is just right.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

Well its supposed to be $10 cheaper than the typical 3DS game, does that mean the 3DS games where you live are usually $50?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    How does I get the ten one ups in remix? It gets to 8 and stops. If I try to adjust at 8 it stops. Sad face

I didn't get it on the initial drop (which netted me 8 1-ups), but when I jumped up again and just kept tapping A it gave me the 10.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

Well its supposed to be $10 cheaper than the typical 3DS game, does that mean the 3DS games where you live are usually $50?

Prices are pretty variable in my area, MH4 retailed for $60 at launch, Pazudora Z $33, Bravely Default $40. Places also never seem to actually charge the MSRP either though. Like Mario Golf is listed at $50 but everywhere I have seen is selling it for $40.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    How does I get the ten one ups in remix? It gets to 8 and stops. If I try to adjust at 8 it stops. Sad face

That one took me a while because it doesn't work all the time. I just kept trying and when I got to around eight bounces, I would slightly adjust his position. I eventually got it, but it felt more like coincidence than skill. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Is super Mario world still a club reward at the moment. I have points expiring and nothing has interested me in a while. Guess I could use them on a game.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

That one took me a while because it doesn't work all the time. I just kept trying and when I got to around eight bounces, I would slightly adjust his position. I eventually got it, but it felt more like coincidence than skill. :P

Is this the shell on stairs thing?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Is this the shell on stairs thing?

Yup...I think it's inherently broken.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I fell off, jumped back on, and got the 10.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ice Climbers in Remix was fun at first but the rough jumping mechanics is really starting to annoy me.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I have been waiting for this bundle for a long time, with a free game it's even sweeter. I don't think I'll be able to pass this bundle up.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I fell off, jumped back on, and got the 10.

Same, no adjustment with dpad, just another/more jumps

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    That's right - we've been working on this one for a little while now, but now we can finally announce our own original title, Stealth Inc, will be getting a HUGE sequel that's due out later this year. We don't have a lot of details to share yet, but we can tell you a few things:

1. The game will be MUCH larger - we're keeping all the action and pacing of the original test chambers, but we're expanding the game with a 'Metroidvania' style overworld, allowing players to break out of the test chambers and exploring the mysterious testing facility for the first time!

2. We'll be including a full co-operative mode to the game which will use the Wii U Gamepad, and we'll have much more information on how this will work in the coming months.

3. The game will feature a full level editor and level sharing which will let you make levels just as detailed and complex as anything you can find in the game itself.

Over the next few months, we'll have a ton more information out on the game so stay tuned to our Twitter Account for up-to-date information on Stealth Inc 2 and all our other many projects. In the meantime, you can check out some early concept art and a quick FAQ below!

Why the Wii U?
    We explain this in various interviews today (CVG, Joystiq) but the short story is that we've never been a Sony exclusive developer, and have always loved working with Nintendo. Before Sony became a big name for indie developers, we had released two full games on both the Wii and 3DS - so we're no strangers to making games with Nintendo. Nintendo as a company truly love and care about games, they've been wanting to see Stealth Inc come to the platform for many years, and we've finally now had an opportunity to work with them again!

Is Curve abandoning PlayStation?
    We've already released 1 game on PlayStation 4 this year, and have 3 new PlayStation releases coming out before the end of July. Only yesterday we announced MouseCraft would be coming to PS4 as a Cross-Buy title, and we hope to be releasing and announcing many more games during 2014 - we have no plans at all to stop making PlayStation games.
    In the last 2 years, we've released games on Android, iOS, 3DS and Steam and yet we remain one of the largest publishers of Vita titles in the world and have no intention of giving up that claim any time soon!

How will the game be available?
    Stealth Inc 2 will be available as a download only title through the Nintendo eShop.

Will the game come to other platforms?
    Right now, we're focused on making the best Wii U game we can make, including working on some great hardware specific features for the game and aren't looking at other formats.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if digital/physical games can share a saved game? If I traded in Pikmin 3 now to get it digitally later will I keep my progress?

• Options
    Does anyone know if digital/physical games can share a saved game? If I traded in Pikmin 3 now to get it digitally later will I keep my progress?

Can't be 100% but I think so since they're saved seperatly to the console.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with the gamepad (and I HATE it) is having to scroll through plex with the touch screen.

It shouldn't take 30 seconds to move an entire screen up or down.

UGH.

I've tried using the buttons, sticks, and D-Pad, but none of them work.

• Options
    plex?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLEX_(programming_language)

How are you scrolling a programming language!?

• Options
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    First thing I thought of was EVE too, not that it makes any more sense.

So is it weird that the one thing in that MK8 Direct that really made me want it was the music portion? That just felt really cool.

It helps that the game looks fantastic.

I really wish I were into racing more.

I guess I could justify it by figuring that I'm getting it and Wii Party U for half off each?

I dunno.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Holding the ZL+ZR buttons while moving the gamepad up/down to super scroll through webpages on the Wii U browser is silly but fun.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Ahhhh okay. It uses the browser, huh?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Ahhhh okay. It uses the browser, huh?

yes

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    urahonky wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLEX_(programming_language)

How are you scrolling a programming language!?

This is what real men do.

My media player is a C Compiler.

darren66 on
    Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    Remember Spyborgs? Yea, noone else does either.

It was a promising title that turned crappy fast due to focus testing and rushing. Here is apprently the whole story:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227451-spyborgs-dev-claims-the-game-was-made-in-6-months-pre-beta-version-turned-into-retail-release

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    A few misc things:

Rest the GamePad on your lap for normal play (basically you can sit like you would with a remote and nunchuck). For games where you need to look at the GamePad a lot rest an arm on something (the arm of the furniture or a pillow, like you would if you were playing a game that used the IR pointer a lot).

And... I forgot the other things. Yikes, way to lose brain cells on the way home from work! I'll remember as soon as I stand up from the desk.

Also since there are team based tournaments in MK8 we can DEFINITELY make a biker gang.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »

Also since there are team based tournaments in MK8 we can DEFINITELY make a biker gang.

YESSSSSSSSSS

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      edited May 2014
      It was my first day at Nintendo guys! OMFG! The things I've seen....
      nda1.jpg

MNC Dover on
      Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page