As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Yuko is great, all y'all haters can suck it.
    yuko is baby crazy

She is pretty damn baby crazy, for sure.

It fits the Strength arcana. Nurturing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Nurturing isn't really an aspect of Strength.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Strength, or Fortitude, tends to be considered a private, internal type of virtue.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Nurturing isn't really an aspect of Strength.

It can be interpreted that way.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Well, it's a virtue-based arcana. Patience and stuff may be part of nurture.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Okay, so what am I supposed to do when a demon says "you and I are too ill-matched for each other"? Same thing happened with Apsaras when I tried to recruit one, but now I want a freaking Angel and it says the same damn thing.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    Okay, so what am I supposed to do when a demon says "you and I are too ill-matched for each other"? Same thing happened with Apsaras when I tried to recruit one, but now I want a freaking Angel and it says the same damn thing.

You're a filthy Gaean. (Too Chaos)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Whaaaat? if that's the case then the choices are pretty whacky in the game. I thought the only choices that really mattered were the ending flag choices, honestly. Anyway I did get an Angel eventually, though it was through a Jack Frost's Beseech that I got her. Beat the Troll; he was pretty easy with the exceptions of when he got a lucky Berserk and crit two of my party members... that was scary for a minute. Now it's on to grind to 18 and get an Uzume so I can not die instantly to Matador.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

You're a filthy Gaean. (Too Chaos)

Can't you still punch them till the submit though?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Whaaaat? if that's the case then the choices are pretty whacky in the game. I thought the only choices that really mattered were the ending flag choices, honestly.

Alignment in this game is... weird. It's entirely separate from dialogue/story choices, and is based on which magatama you've mastered. Blue magatama push you towards darkness, white towards light. Green are neutral.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    well I realized that down the line I need a fairy to make Uzume with Angel... but to do that I need to either fuse the Pixie from the start of the game, or get a new Jack Frost and get her that way. I heard you can still get the Uber Pixie from Fifth Kalpa if you use one of her "descendants" but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm the exact specifics of this?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    well I realized that down the line I need a fairy to make Uzume with Angel... but to do that I need to either fuse the Pixie from the start of the game, or get a new Jack Frost and get her that way. I heard you can still get the Uber Pixie from Fifth Kalpa if you use one of her "descendants" but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm the exact specifics of this?

So long as you keep the original Pixie (or the result of her fusions) you can get it. Like if you fuse pixie into Demon 1 and then Demon 1 into Demon 2, you can have Demon 2 turn into Pixie-naught

That's what I heard anyways, I just kept her after she turned into high pixie and I was able to power her up.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    gunwarrior wrote: »

So long as you keep the original Pixie (or the result of her fusions) you can get it. Like if you fuse pixie into Demon 1 and then Demon 1 into Demon 2, you can have Demon 2 turn into Pixie-naught

That's what I heard anyways, I just kept her after she turned into high pixie and I was able to power her up.

'Pixie' will always be what's in your first slot. As long as you never Sacrifice them, you're good.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's all I need then; I'll fuse her into an Uzume, and iirc, I can fuse her into a Kikure-Hime down the line. Should be interesting

EDIT: Alrighty then, I got a level 18 Demi-Fiend with focus on Phys attacks, an Uzume who's immune to Force and can heal, a Shiisa with decent physical and electric attacks, and an Inugami with multiple support spells... let's kick Matador's ass.

EDIT2: As soon as I get the magatama which makes me immune to Force attacks, which I totally forgot.

EDIT3: Matador's dead. Considering beating First Kalpa before moving on to the Mantra's base. The experience would come in handy and the Pisaca will help too for multiple things.... need to know how much the Pisaca costs first...

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
  • Options
    First Dante fight is done, though it was through luck at the end because he got a crit on the demi-fiend, but being the good ol' MC that he is, he activated Counter Attack and that happened to finish his Provoke spamming ass off.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So Dancing All Night is canon too, right? :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    has anyone compiled the P3 ones? my girlfriend is playing through it for the first time and i wanted to show it to her. google isn't helping.

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Just started P4Golden. I was originally going to stay away from it because I played P4 and have a big enough backlog as it is without replaying games, but it was on sale and I haven't given Atlus much money this year so I went for it. I remembered that I loved P4, but I had forgotten just how fucking happy the game makes me. I pretty much have a shit grin on my face the whole time. For someone who isn't happy very often, it's a nice change of pace.\

*Edit* Oh, and Chie's new voice actress reminds me of the babysitter from The Incredibles. Kind of jarring at first, but she's growing on me.

Artereis on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Sweet. Hope it's Nocturne, but any of the remaining SMT PS2 games would be fine (DDS1&2, Raidou 2).

• Options
    "Don't recall saying it was a PS2 title..."

If it's not a PS2 title, that only leaves a couple of options that I can think of:

Persona 1 (PS1)
    A SMT game that was never released in the US
    Or they're just messing with us

Given how bad the US PS1 version of Persona 1 and the existence of the PSP remake, I can't imagine it's that.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I guess whatever game we get is a good thing.
    They just added Raidou 1 a few weeks back. maybe it's 2.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    If it is a never released on the PSN in the US game, my guess would be a version of SMT1 since that just recently got a mobile translation.

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Please be Nocturne. Please be Nocturne. Please be Nocturne.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm guessing Nocturne. P1 would be hilarious.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Phonehand wrote: »
    has anyone compiled the P3 ones? my girlfriend is playing through it for the first time and i wanted to show it to her. google isn't helping.

There was only one; Ryojiventures.
    http://imgur.com/a/ynvL8

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I am expecting Persona 1

• Options
    I'd get Raidou-Nocturne.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    I was wondering if the speculation would hit here before actual news did.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/02/atlus-usa-gives-us-hint-upcoming-game/

Assuming Spencer isn't trolling, Nocturne's a good guess.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bss wrote: »
    I was wondering if the speculation would hit here before actual news did.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/02/atlus-usa-gives-us-hint-upcoming-game/

Assuming Spencer isn't trolling, Nocturne's a good guess.

Pretty sure that teaser isn't referring to the SMT game coming out tomorrow.

Specifically, "Origami Rhino Oh Yo" in Japanese sounds like "Ore ga Mirae no ou yo" which means I am the future king. The first letter of each line in that teaser spells out Tachibana. So maybe something Mazinger related: http://japan-best.com/en/buy-shonen-manga-in-japanese/149986-tachibana-future-king-maiden-mazinger.html

I guess it could refer to SMT: Nocturne though. One of the main characters is named Tachibana in the Japanese version & the whole point of the game is that you're in charge of creating the new world (thus making you the future king after a fashion).

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    You might be right, I did draw a relationship between those two pieces of news that may not be there, justified mostly by it'd be weird for Atlus USA to be pushing two things at once. I focused on the Tachibana part which yielded a character in Nocturne. Going the Mazinger route, maybe that news is about a Super Robot Wars? Did Z3 have Mazinger stuff in it?

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    If it's Nocturne after I just spent 20 bucks for it on the PS2, I'll be extremely sad. I'm more hoping for Devil Summoner 2, honestly.

Anyway, I'm off to the Nihilo base or whatever; the part of the game where puzzles start getting annoying.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular

I wonder if Gigi is aware of the reference to this they made in P4G with Marie's first S-Link scene.

Now that I think about it, I think this comic was one of the reasons I wanted to try the original P4.

• Options
    Fuck Eligors and their auto-dodge RNG bullshit. One Eligor dodged 4 ice breaths 4 turns in a row. Next Eligor dodged 3 lunges in a row, then got a lucky Mudo off on the MC, and I died... RNG sucks.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    BigBear wrote: »

I wonder if Gigi is aware of the reference to this they made in P4G with Marie's first S-Link scene.

Now that I think about it, I think this comic was one of the reasons I wanted to try the original P4.

It was an unintentional reference, but it was a happy coincidence.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    BigBear wrote: »

Yes. Gigi is aware of it. She would like people to STOP making her aware of it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well a lot of things happened. I cleared Assembly of Mihilo with little problems; recruited an Eligor to my will (kind of ironic, that), killed Daisoujou (more annoying than difficult, honestly), created Matador, used the Pixie's descendant (Kikuri-Hime) and fused her to make Sarasvati... over all a decent team right now, but after I'm finished with Ikebukuro, it's time to take on the Hellbiker... which will be fuuuuun (except not).

EDIT: Beat Hell Biker on my first try. He got me in a corner a couple times, but with Fog Breath and Focus + Lunge (or Brutal Slash for my Zouchou) he went down pretty quickly. Got to Kabukicho but I want to get that dungeon-saavy Pisaca now, and maybe, and I daresay MAYBE go into Second Kalpa.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    This is a DLC I would pay for.

tumblr_n3fewoS4Yt1sxd1vyo1_1280.png