As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Games and Technology
Are you a slave?

K0kBmI3.jpg

personaj2.jpg

Z34XC0E.jpg
persona2-is2.jpgpersona2ep-jp2.jpg

Want Emancipation?

KxNPWBY.jpg

persona3a.jpg

aehYezq.jpg

persona4a.jpg

AtTQmRT.png

tumblr_mwsolcBI5y1qh9sllo1_500.jpg

Don't we all.

Other (Recent) SMT Stuff
tumblr_n4z6uruPWr1qiqgeto1_400.png

BkYH8kVCMAADY-7.jpg:large
(Coming to 3DS!)
ytGXomd.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91r1STWZc9I
(Coming to PSV! It's megidolaon cute!)
Persona-4-Dancing-All-Night_2013_12-02-13_006.jpg

teaservisual01ekj3f.jpg
(Coming to... uh... the midnight channel?)
CY2yAPq.jpg

smt1-mcd2.jpg
(Now on iOS!)
cpZjtCn.jpg?1

SoulHackersUS.jpg
(Now on 3DS!)
b1jbKi6.jpg

oSkvp9v.jpg
(Now on 3DS!
FhVJVct.png
...Europe? ...what's that? A new type of fusion?)

And always remember...

tumblr_mafeqkrt7m1qbn3hqo1_500.png

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    get bent get bent get bent get bent get bent get bent get bent get bent get bent

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Imma let you finish but Soul Hackers is one of the best SMT spinoffs of all time. Of all time!

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2014
    bss on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It's just Izanagi-no-Okami right?

Yep. Messiah even got a unique skill in a portable remake, but Izanagi only got covered in mud.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Yep. Messiah even got a unique skill in a portable remake, but Izanagi only got covered in mud.

Ehhh. Given how easy it is to get skill cards and break P4G, I-n-O didn't need to break it any further.

Besides, if you set experience gain to maximum on a NG+, you can be level 91 by the time you get to Rise's dungeon anyway (or sooner if you grind).

It would've been nice, but I'm not going to complain too much.

Ehhh. Given how easy it is to get skill cards and break P4G, I-n-O didn't need to break it any further.

Besides, if you set experience gain to maximum on a NG+, you can be level 91 by the time you get to Rise's dungeon anyway (or sooner if you grind).

The only thing I really missed about not being able to register Izanagi-no-Okami is now I can't have a max stats one immediately purchasable like how I have a (nearly) max stats Yoshitsune.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Every time I see Yoshitsune I think to myself, "You're going to do what soon, eh?!"

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Reposting this because speculation is fun and it got buried by the P4G Anime announcement.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFL51LWRpmo

She looks fun.

So... How long until Kei or Tatsuya are playable? I want the Arena games to stop teasing the fans with all the P2 characters that are clearly Shadow Operative members and have them show up in the plot front and center already.
    Kei, sure, but Tatsuya...
    If I'm not remembering incorrectly, doesn't the Tatsuya that actually exists in the Persona timeline not have a Persona/no memories of anything that happened in EP? Sadly, pretty much none of the IS cast could be involved.

edit: based on that one shadow-y image of them, I'd be willing to bet (fake) money that Kei, Eriko, and Ulala are involved. If Ulala's around, Baofu can't be far behind. One of the shadows definitely reminded me of Yukino's Persona 1 art, too, and Yukino is a badass, so I'll hope for her, too.

edit again: My guesses based on that image
    wnuGIwk.png

I figure Akihiko's in there somewhere, and I guess what I'm seeing as a long skirt could be his cape thing? And I guess the far right ? is probably Aigis? I always forget she exists.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970

He barely makes a difference. Not registering him is just untidiness for untidiness' sake.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Man I've been playing through P3P for a looooooooooong time now, just kinda playing it when I can so that I can go back to Arena and play the story mode.

I've put about 40ish hours in, and just got to the part in the story where
    Aigis and your bossman turn on the team, aigis ends up being awesome and sticking with you, bossman and Misturu's father kill each other
    So I have a feeling the story is in the final stages. Which is probably like, 20 hours more. Jeez.

But anyways - holy shit are the S.Links in P4 better. Like, miles and miles better.

Every single S.Link in P3 is creepy as hell. Every single one makes me feel SUPER uncomfortable, and usually presents me with the most absurd dialogue choices ever.

I maxed out the bookstore one because they basically were the only people I wanted to spend any time with, because they at least seemed normal, just old and suffering with things that come with age. Everyone else can go fuck themselves for being totally insane.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Man I've been playing through P3P for a looooooooooong time now, just kinda playing it when I can so that I can go back to Arena and play the story mode.

I've put about 40ish hours in, and just got to the part in the story where
    Aigis and your bossman turn on the team, aigis ends up being awesome and sticking with you, bossman and Misturu's father kill each other
    So I have a feeling the story is in the final stages. Which is probably like, 20 hours more. Jeez.

But anyways - holy shit are the S.Links in P4 better. Like, miles and miles better.

Every single S.Link in P3 is creepy as hell. Every single one makes me feel SUPER uncomfortable, and usually presents me with the most absurd dialogue choices ever.

I maxed out the bookstore one because they basically were the only people I wanted to spend any time with, because they at least seemed normal, just old and suffering with things that come with age. Everyone else can go fuck themselves for being totally insane.

Hopefully you're at least playing as the girl. Her S.Links are a little better.

The Tower and Sun links are pretty good, too. Annnnd, that's about it. Those two links. Those are the ones I liked in Persona 3.

camo_sig2.png

I dont remember anyone's arcana except moon. Because he's awful.

I know that my buddy on the sports team isn't BAD, just bland.

And I picked the guy since I've never played P3 before and wanted it to be "canon". I guess.

Also, I'm on the PS3 playing Arena and drinking beers all day. If anyone wants to fight me, please do so. The later in the day you fight me, the higher your chance of winning is.

(it is already very high due to my skill alone!)

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Ugh, the dude's links are awful. Especially the school links. Especially especially the girl school links.

camo_sig2.png

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yuko is great, all y'all haters can suck it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    The Links are fine. Iwatodai is just a creepy place.

I'm kind of glad I played P4 first.

I wouldn't have ever bought anything from Tanaka otherwise.
    What the fuck is up with the resolution to these links?

"Tanaka is still a horrible, horrible person who has learned absolutely nothing about himself or the error of his ways. As he left and told you to go fuck yourself, you felt a slight sense that he may care for you. YOU KNOW HE DOESN'T MEAN IT, BABY! YOU UNDERSTAND HIM NOW!."

RANK MAX!

"Tanaka is still a horrible, horrible person who has learned absolutely nothing about himself or the error of his ways. As he left and told you to go fuck yourself, you felt a slight sense that he may care for you. YOU KNOW HE DOESN'T MEAN IT, BABY! YOU UNDERSTAND HIM NOW!."

RANK MAX!
    But Tanaka does learn about himself and become a force for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixjVOvvbrpM

Thats not in P3P!

Noooooooooooooooooo

now I have to get FES.

Dammit all. Where's my Persona 3 Cobalt for the Vita. I don't have any personas on a console, and I didn't want to start. But this just...ughhhhhh.

This game is the deepest hole I've ever dug. I started with Golden and I just end up curiouser and curiouser and buying older and older titles...

Thats not in P3P!

Noooooooooooooooooo

now I have to get FES.

Dammit all. Where's my Persona 3 Cobalt for the Vita. I don't have any personas on a console, and I didn't want to start. But this just...ughhhhhh.

This game is the deepest hole I've ever dug. I started with Golden and I just end up curiouser and curiouser and buying older and older titles...

Just another year, and you'll have a brand new one!

i know. and its getting worse

the second i saw speculation about p4a: Ultimax...
    having characters from P2 in those shots with the people all in shadow...

I was like nooooo I do not want to buy ANOTHER one. They are LONG, LONG games. Insanely fun, but it takes ages and I can't shake myself free from the series if I know there's more lore there that I'll need in upcoming games!

Thats not in P3P!

Noooooooooooooooooo

now I have to get FES.

It isn't!? It's definitely there for the girl. I just played through it not too long ago and he turned into an almost not terrible guy there.

camo_sig2.png

I don't THINK so?

I mean honestly it might be. P3P doesn't have any animations, and the guy was so disgusting by that point I wasn't too focused on what he said.

I know I never saw another NPC, but it may have just not been animated in P3P.

Also it ended with a very backhanded "I'll do this thing, that is nice, but under these ridiculous pretenses so that you know I'm, still an ass." Which is FINE. I have zero problem with a guy being like that. But then you get the message "Even though he is still at his core a very terrible person who has learned all the wrong lessons from our chats, you get him now and things are swell!" MAX RANK!

And my critique is purely just to be kind of hyperbolic about the whole thing. I loved it. I love how insane every single S.Link is. They are awful in the best ways.

• Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So on a whim I decided to buy a used PS2 that I found in a local game store. And on a similar whim I decided my first game for it would be SMT: Nocturne; a game that I've never beaten yet has haunted my memories and guilted my conscience for god knows how long because of it.

So I started off the game okay; I payed more attention to the starting hospital so I could breathe in more of the atmosphere (and as a result noticed a lot more creepy shit that I never saw on my first playthrough, like the disturbing blood stains). I got through the hospital dungeon just fine, though I ended up around level 8 by the time I beat Forneus because I wanted a stupid Preta (FUCK MOON CYCLES! FUCK THEM!). For the most part since then I steamrolled my path towards Shibuya and Shibuya itself was super-easy (as it should be). Never did get a preta, which I'm still salty about.

and I encountered my first death late into the Amala Network because I'm dumb and forgot to unequip Wadatsumi in a place where enemies use Zio. I'm pretty much dead-set on a Phys build in this game, and have mostly focused on strength thus far. I've also made a note to not really care about certain Magatamas for the time being, like the ones you can buy in Shibuya. Mostly because one, I don't need fire; two I don't need tarunda or sukunda since I'll either have a demon that uses one or both, or have Fog Breath on the Demi-Fiend.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    It's in P3P, but indeed sans the other NPC.

• gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular

RANK MAX!

He has one of my favorite epilogue scenes though. The others were touching but his was hilarious.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Hermit Social Link was clearly the best SL epilogue in P3.
    /casually shows phone wallpaper

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Did girl Hermit have an epilogue? I think I missed it if it did.

camo_sig2.png

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Did girl Hermit have an epilogue? I think I missed it if it did.

Under the spoilers.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    No I mean the Hermit link for the girl PC. In P3P.

camo_sig2.png

Hermit S. Link in P3 was the best. I love how she considered just for a split second that maybe she could date her student. Then immediately had to tell herself how wrong that idea was, lol.

Anyway, I'm in Ginza now for Nocturne; taking my time slowly through the game. So far it's not bad unless I forget to heal or something... mostly still running with a team of minors while Demi-Fiend is chilling at level 14. I can tell I'm a bit ahead of the demons here since the recruitment options are all for demons around level 8-10. Want to hit 18 by the time I encounter Matador though, if I want to avoid having a bad time...

jagobannerpic.jpg
    Fist is best element.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Physical is definitely the way to go for Nocturne. I'm not even sure if you can handle the secret ending with any other build.

• The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    You'd have to get the Girimehkala with Pierce from Amala and build your MC as a buffer to your Phys demons.

I like both Deadly Fury and Gaia Rage, though. Don't like removing one.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    yuko is baby crazy

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Hermit for Female Protagonist isn't Maya. It's...some girl I don't remember I think.

Frosteey wrote: »
    Hermit for Female Protagonist isn't Maya. It's...some girl I don't remember I think.

It's either library or health club girl

Elendil wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    yuko is baby crazy

She is pretty damn baby crazy, for sure.

jagobannerpic.jpg