As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2 [TRANS*] 2 Furious

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Most people I read online prefer to refer to them as TWERFs (trans-women...) because while they don't like trans-women they are fine with trans-men because 'they're women.'

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    A lot of them really aren't, though. Trans men get shit on for any number of reasons. Usually gentler than the crap they give trans women, but still pretty bad.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Most people I read online prefer to refer to them as TWERFs (trans-women...) because while they don't like trans-women they are fine with trans-men because 'they're women.'

I prefer the term fucktard. I sometimes try to think of something worse to call them so I can use the term for less offensive groups without lumping them in with that trash. One day it will come to me.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular

Dang, major points to Paizo. That's awesome.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I still see people getting offended by being labled as "cis" when they know what the term means.

Would they prefer trans or

Anyone who knows what "cis" means but is offended by it would probably prefer the word "normal"

Which is stupid+shitty

There was a time when I agreed with that notion, but I came to the realization that it's really not acceptable or socially responsible to only apply labels to people who don't fit into the norm.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think also the problem is that "normal" can mean "most abundant" but also has strong connotations of "correct".

"Majority" is probably a better term when you want to refer to "the norm"

"quotation marks"

• Options
    edited August 2014
    tynic wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I really don't want to be attacked by you all for this, but someone has to say something after some of the posts I've seen here..

Its not all that weird a concept to understand some people, that some women are anti-feminism. I can't and wont say the reasons are the same across the board, but in my experience Feminism has a very vocal fringe minority that are often the loudest voices in the room, and use that position to attack men and call for castration of all men and assault men in public with verbal abuse and accusations of rape just because they so happened to look in their general direction and call women who choose to be live at home mothers traitors and all sorts of other obscene ugly things.

Please take notice I'm not lumping all feminism in with that, that I very specifically pointed out its a fringe minority, I really hope that this hasn't burned my bridges here and made me persona non grata or worse.. :disappointed:

Ok seriously WHERE are you people SEEING all this stuff?

I like, actively seek out feminist spaces and have never run across anything like this so seriously what the heck

Yeah, you really have to go out of your way to find the shitty "BURN ALL DICKS" types that dudes (and some women) love to paint as the standard feminist.

I've never actually met such a person or held discourse with them.

They're such a minority that they barely register on the spectrum. But, of course, for many people those few are all they want to talk about.

Goatmon on

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    A lot of them really aren't, though. Trans men get shit on for any number of reasons. Usually gentler than the crap they give trans women, but still pretty bad.

Trans men tend to "pass" better, which is great for avoiding violence, discrimination, and the like

But also makes their problems invisible

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Hey people I just wanted to say that I've been doing a lot better and my wife and I are getting along pretty good.

<3 you all

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    @Geth my favorite thing about you isn't just that you've always been really sweet to me, it's that you do it faster than I can post something. You are so cool it blows my mind.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I mostly speak about trans women because that includes me, and it's also what I read up on the most

There's some quibbles between the two groups that I avoid like the plague

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I think also the problem is that "normal" can mean "most abundant" but also has strong connotations of "correct".

"Majority" is probably a better term when you want to refer to "the norm"

"quotation marks"

Fair enough!

Also, a T-Rex making air quotes with her little tiny arms is a great mental image

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    until the t-rex notices you laughing and devours you.

• Options
    Oh god

A t-rex that is a stand-up comedian

Actual joke sonar

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    In Beast Wars, Megatron often wiggled his little T-Rex fingers when excited.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Azkorai wrote: »
    Geth my favorite thing about you isn't just that you've always been really sweet to me, it's that you do it faster than I can post something. You are so cool it blows my mind.

In case you did not know, Geth is an automated forum bot that occasionally throws out response/reaction buttons at posts.

CRUSHING HOPES AND DREAMS, THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING HERE.

• Options
    Oh god

Actual joke sonar

All telling jokes

no one laughs

audience members start getting eaten

This is like Perry BIble Fellowship page waiting to happen.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Geth my favorite thing about you isn't just that you've always been really sweet to me, it's that you do it faster than I can post something. You are so cool it blows my mind.

In case you did not know, Geth is an automated forum bot that occasionally throws out response/reaction buttons at posts.

I swear he shows up in some threads more than others.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If he didn't that wouldn't be random.

EDIT: at least, given most standard random number generation algorithms (Box-Muller excepted).

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh god

Actual joke sonar

Corythosaurus walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "Why the big, hollow nasal crest?"

Corythosaurus says "It functions like an echo chamber, allowing me to emit loud blasts of noise!"

Try the shrimp!

• Options

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

He actually posted the other day and I about shat myself.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

The most common view among TERF's is that trans-men are just victims of the patriarchy who are trying to assume the roles of men to get away from oppression. They don't recognize their choice as legitimate or them as men, in fact you mention how they're fine with them because they're still women but surely being fine with trans-men means recognizing them as men?

I think TERF is the better term because, while most of the hate and anger is directed towards trans-women, trans-men aren't recognized either.

They're pretty terrible, really.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I read down the list of core beliefs and my eyes sort of glazed over and rolled to disbelieve.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    I read down the list of core beliefs and my eyes sort of glazed over and rolled to disbelieve.

Oh sure when you roll to disbelieve it's perfectly sensible, when I do it it's because I'm insane!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Oh sure when you roll to disbelieve it's perfectly sensible, when I do it it's because I'm insane!

fyndir

you can't "roll to disbelieve" your electricity bill

that's not how bills work

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

fyndir

What about a natural 20

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Oh that kind of rolling

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

fyndir

What about a natural 20

It's only automatic if he's trying to hit his electrician.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options

fyndir

The hell I can't!

My bitcoin farm will never be profitable at this rate!

• Options
    ALT POST:

fyndir

geth roll 1d20+10 to disbelieve Pony.

to disbelieve Pony.:
    1d20+10 24 [1d20=14]

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    geth roll 1d20+23 to intimidate fyndir into believing reality exists

to intimidate fyndir into believing reality exists:
    1d20+23 40 [1d20=17]

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The GM finally started letting him disbelieve things that were actually there into nonexistence, including an avatar of Sarenrae.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    because that character is insane

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+18 Charisma to convince @zerzhul‌ that he does not exist

that he does not exist:
    1d20+18 30 [1d20=12]

• Options
    That's a pretty good roll.

• Options
    i'm gonna need y'all to start sourcing your modifiers, this is bullshit

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Charisma is both my primary and my dump stat.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Charisma is both my primary and my dump stat.

let me see that character sheet

...oh i see

oh

well uh... carry on then

• Options
    Actually mine should have been +11 if it was the crazy character, I just used the replacement because it was open anyway since I'm working on it.

Source:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/fighter.html#_fighter 3 levels, http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/cleric.html#_cleric 5 levels, resulting in Will save base of 5, Wisdom 18 giving that a +4, and Feat: Iron Will, providing a +2.

This discussion has been closed.