As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WOW patcher issues

misosoupmisosoup Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
The patcher for WOW is going stupidly slow, I've got a pretty good connection, normally download at about 200kb/s ish from the internet, but this is says its going to take 10 hours to get 400mb of stuff. I've tried opening the ports on my firewall like it said to do, restarted, same speed, then I just turned the firewall off, same speed. I've got no programs running apart from winamp and it, my cpu usage is at about 2/3%.

anyhelp would be well appreciated, I would just download the patches from the internet but I did that before and it all went wrong so I thought I'd go through the games system itself. Although the issues before might have been because I didn't actually own the discs they were downloaded.

Thanks in advance

APTBSsig.jpg
misosoup on

• Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    From what I understand the patcher is kind of like a torrent client, and I experienced the same thing took like 4 hours for 400MB I dont think there is anything that can be done except wait.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    misosoupmisosoup Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    kk thanks alot.... sucks to be me

misosoup on
    APTBSsig.jpg
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you click on the help link at the bottom of the downloader, you can eventually find a direct download link from the help page. That was what I had to do because I couldn't connect for some reason.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There are a number of other direct download sites like filefront.com and fileplanet.com that can help.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman