As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ArcheAge] Sate your inner criminal. Early Release! Ollo Server! West/Nuia Ho!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Servers are down for maintenance and a patch.

Patch Notes within, emphasis mine:
    ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.13: Patch Notes
    HALLOWTIDE
    * The fall seasonal event Hallowtide begins October 21 and lasts until the Conquest of Auroria launch.
    * An article with full details will be posted to announce this event.

GAMEPLAY
    * The maximum distance to place property has been significantly reduced.
    * Fixed incorrect housing zone text on the map.

INTERFACE
    * This update introduces a potential fix for chat lines that exceed maximum length.
    * This update introduces a potential fix for non-jurors and non-defendants speaking in Trial chat.
    * Fixed incorrect salon text that was showing in German.

NOTES
    * This update is less than 150 MB and will be available for download via Glyph during the announced EU and NA server outages. Please visit our Server Status forum for details.
    * For the latest developments, be sure to visit our Launch FAQ and Known Issues threads.

Does this mean I might be able to place my 16x16 and/or a house if I find a spot being demolished??? Please?

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I'd still plan on just buying a lot with gold (or trying for the Aurora rush).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Does this mean I might be able to place my 16x16 and/or a house if I find a spot being demolished??? Please?

No, it just means the bot has to do one of two things:

1) Teleport to the spot, inject packets to steal the house, and then log out, or

2) Spoof his position so it appears he's at the house, inject packets to steal the house and then log out

This "fix" is akin to putting tape over a single hole in a colander and expecting it to hold water. There are many ways around this "fix".

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Servers are down for maintenance and a patch.

Patch Notes within, emphasis mine:
    ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.13: Patch Notes
    HALLOWTIDE
    * The fall seasonal event Hallowtide begins October 21 and lasts until the Conquest of Auroria launch.
    * An article with full details will be posted to announce this event.

GAMEPLAY
    * The maximum distance to place property has been significantly reduced.
    * Fixed incorrect housing zone text on the map.

INTERFACE
    * This update introduces a potential fix for chat lines that exceed maximum length.
    * This update introduces a potential fix for non-jurors and non-defendants speaking in Trial chat.
    * Fixed incorrect salon text that was showing in German.

NOTES
    * This update is less than 150 MB and will be available for download via Glyph during the announced EU and NA server outages. Please visit our Server Status forum for details.
    * For the latest developments, be sure to visit our Launch FAQ and Known Issues threads.

hi. Mojo here. You may want to sit down, truth bombs are incoming. I did some research today. Its not good.

That wont fix the hacking for land. if 'hackers' can inject- that they place the land in the first place- they can inject their current xy location too. You see, The game is completely and totally opened up.

its not even hacking. the secure key is client side. you decode the key- You disable hackshield- You run cheat engine- you open up the archeage stuff. You click what you want. its all clientside. All of it. guess what? i suddenly just regraded a blue to a perfect. Must be true as my client told the server it happened. that rabbit i killed dropped 10k gold. Again easy to do.

Trion is not at fault. Trion is very very aware. But guess what? XL blows. This happened in Russia. Mail.ru (server runners there) tried to combat this. It ran into xl. Its happening here. They wont listen unless Trion has empirical evidence from their side ie server logs etc etc. And they are working on that a ton, and doing bans them selves as they can. But what can trion do ultimately? Hackshield isnt implamented perfectly, and xls programming is 1000% unsecure.

Did you know that the game didn't even encrypt its packets till 2 weeks ago? It didn't.

So. Its a complete shit show.

What does that all mean? hell if i know. I know i like the game and i can ignore all that for so long. But- if archeum always rises due to gold being a click away, and folks break the economy- then im out i guess. We aren't there yet. But its not getting too much better super fast.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    That's about where I am too. The only real direct impact the rampant cheating has had on me is the land grabbing. But honestly there were always so many people there trying to claim that I had very little chance anyway.

It's all doom and gloom on the reddit and the official forums but I just haven't seen the kind of inflation you would expect from a hacked-open faucet of gold running 24/7. Thunderstruck logs (my favorite measure) were about 280g the first week and they've risen predictably to current prices of ~310g a month later. So far the economy seems healthy. Mining/mob farming bots are always going to keep the prices low on bottom-tier materials and archeum because it happens in every game and I don't even mind it much (it mimics the real world economic effect of cheap immigrant labor). Bots, hackers and cheaters are still (as far as I know) bound by labor constraints just like everyone else which may help dull the effects.

tldr: I don't think the problem is as bad/widespread as reports indicate. The only real issues I have are lag related.

• Options
    Also- to your point @mandres- TS logs are very much in line with alpha beta prices. be interesting in a few more weeks.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    My graphs from 9/29-10/21 show a fair bit of variation going on with stuff, but for the most part everything is evening out (except gold and silver which are starting to climb heavily).
    Avg	Max	Min	Slopes of Items
    Iron Ore			
    0.55	0.90	0.40	-0.005
    Copper Ore			
    2.14	10.80	0.40	-0.061
    Silver Ore			
    5.96	11.99	2.00	0.063
    Gold Ore			
    6.66	20.00	3.30	0.252
    Archeum Ore			
    33.54	60.00	17.99	0.654
    Iron Ingot			
    1.72	2.80	1.20	-0.021
    Copper Ingot			
    10.81	50.00	3.90	0.051
    Silver Ingot			
    25.29	45.00	14.00	0.207
    Gold Ingot			
    31.86	100.00	15.00	0.980
    Archeum Ingot			
    147.76	300.00	90.00	0.731

All prices are in silver. Avg, Max, Min and slope come from ALL data collected during times I was able to go through it all. (I have a lot more data if someone is interested). This includes a lot of outlier prices where someone had purchased ALL of the items except the most expensive and the market was thrashed.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You should see Gold, Silver and Archeum climb as people are crafting more and more higher tier gear. At the start of the game there was little demand for those ingots.

I actually do not like the reduced range for house placement on land. It means it will be much much harder in pvp zones to place property without a guild that also wants the land pking you. Being able to sneak around and attempt the placement was fun, with the significant reduction I can see it becoming impossible to stealth snipe property out from under a large guild - meaning we will see FoE continue to dominate their area.
    -

Just a note about the land stealing hack, in reality it is just slightly faster than a macroer spamming leftclick at 0.01 ms delay. its slightly faster because it doesn't need to hit the confirm button, its already sending a confirmed request. And the server will service the first request for the land. I suppose if the hacker has a bad enough ping a macroer can beat him if they have a solid ping. The good news is that if you keep trying you do have a chance to get some property. 8x8's are not contested by the hackers and not all 16x16's ive been to have been contested.

Seems to be about 4pm est when that hacker gets on and grabs any 16x16's so target the ones coming out earlier in the day and you might have a chance.

What I am not sure about is why Trion hasn't just banned his account yet, and his mule account and alt accounts.

Draygo on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    <Stuff about hacking>

This is why I just can't find the motivation to boot up the game anymore. I gave them a month of patron. Once it became clear that I was never going to get a fair shake without hacking, I kind of lost the will to log in. Economy games don't work if people are cheating.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Draygo wrote: »

Seems to be about 4pm est when that hacker gets on and grabs any 16x16's so target the ones coming out earlier in the day and you might have a chance.

What I am not sure about is why Trion hasn't just banned his account yet, and his mule account and alt accounts.

It was pretty telling when the GM first showed up in faction chat and 90% of the responses were "Ban Poodoo!!!" That guy needs to get got.

• Options
    Trion is not at fault.

I respectfully disagree.

Trion may not be responsible but they are very much at fault.

They had nearly 2 years of past data about the game to peruse before bringing the game out of Korea/Russia. They also had untold thousands of reports filed from alpha and beta testers. They either ignored it or weren't smart enough to understand it and launched a buggy game without forcing XL to make any concessions or changes.

Trion isn't exactly a newcomer to the MMO scene, either. They know what to look for. They know what basics should be in place.

To say that Trion is not at fault is patently absurd, in my opinion. In fact, they may even be more at fault than XL. XL can at least claim naivety and a different type of playerbase. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have told you this is exactly what the state of the game would be right now. Shame on Trion for ignoring every single piece of evidence presented to them.

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Mandres wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to get into a good Hasla group and finished farming my bow today. If anyone needs tips or into on how to get it done I'll be glad to help. Thanks to Fooms for all of his advice. With a decent set of armor next I'll finally be ready to annihilate some reds.

The amount of pure hatred (and jealousy) I have for you knows no bounds.

On the other hand, congrats! Do you have just the first tier or were you able to grind all the way?

(: Quit playing farmer McDonald with all your new land and go earn, son!

Really, the only reason I was able to get it done quickly was the great group started by some of the Older Gamers guys. They had it down to a science. I also got a bunch by poaching tags from other groups during peacetime. Definitely try to time it so that you're grouped up during the rift event too.

For now the upgrading process isn't implemented so you can only get the base weapon. It's about equivalent to a rare quality Epherium weapon.

So that's what all of the LFGs in Hasla chat are for.

Anyone want to grind some of these today when the server is back up? I desperately need better gear.

Working my way up through Carpentry and Leatherworking is taking forever.

You are my rival for Carpentry requests? noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Rilke wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to get into a good Hasla group and finished farming my bow today. If anyone needs tips or into on how to get it done I'll be glad to help. Thanks to Fooms for all of his advice. With a decent set of armor next I'll finally be ready to annihilate some reds.

The amount of pure hatred (and jealousy) I have for you knows no bounds.

On the other hand, congrats! Do you have just the first tier or were you able to grind all the way?

(: Quit playing farmer McDonald with all your new land and go earn, son!

Really, the only reason I was able to get it done quickly was the great group started by some of the Older Gamers guys. They had it down to a science. I also got a bunch by poaching tags from other groups during peacetime. Definitely try to time it so that you're grouped up during the rift event too.

For now the upgrading process isn't implemented so you can only get the base weapon. It's about equivalent to a rare quality Epherium weapon.

So that's what all of the LFGs in Hasla chat are for.

Anyone want to grind some of these today when the server is back up? I desperately need better gear.

Working my way up through Carpentry and Leatherworking is taking forever.

Probably not. I'm barely over 1k in Carpentry. :P

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options

Maybe if you played more. :P

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Trion is not at fault.

I respectfully disagree.

They had nearly 2 years of past data about the game to peruse before bringing the game out of Korea/Russia. They also had untold thousands of reports filed from alpha and beta testers. They either ignored it or weren't smart enough to understand it and launched a buggy game without forcing XL to make any concessions or changes.

Trion isn't exactly a newcomer to the MMO scene, either. They know what to look for. They know what basics should be in place.

To say that Trion is not at fault is patently absurd, in my opinion. In fact, they may even be more at fault than XL. XL can at least claim naivety and a different type of playerbase. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have told you this is exactly what the state of the game would be right now. Shame on Trion for ignoring every single piece of evidence presented to them.
    Trion:
    Hey XL fix this.
    XL:
    No.

what do?

but really, I don't understand this "If I can't be the best I don't want to try mentality" Even if this game had 100% data integrity we'd still not get even close to a fighting chance because we have a couple orders of magnitude less manpower than big industries like Red Dragon.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Trion is not at fault.

I respectfully disagree.

To be fair the hackers/botters are having a minimal impact on the game overall. I understand trion wanting to dedicate resources to ensuring stability and accessibility of their service. But - they had poor planning in that department as well, caught almost completely unaware of the initial rush they would have to deal with. The land grabbing issue though while minor (well only 1 of the 70 people there is going to get it anyway... its a shitty system to begin with) is highly visible. When you have 70 people standing around a property and a player named poodoo (or his alts) grabs it while he isn't even there it sets off alarms. And when it happens over and over without trion stepping in and saying HEY, your banned! annoys a lot of players. XL's shitty coding is one thing but trion is managing the game, meaning for known exploits like the land grabbing hack they should be monitoring and banning as quickly as possible. So in that respect I do agree with you completely.

I find the trading post bots highly amusing though. Seller beware though always check the list of sell orders before accepting what it gives you on the right. There are bots that list a single item at 50% before market hoping to catch ignorant sellers. You can easily avoid it by checking the list before selling, and even take advantage of it by buying his low sell order or any other orders from other ignorant traders before the bot can grab them.

Draygo on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    They billed my card during a time that was supposed to be a free month. Apparently you cannot get a chat support to save your life, trion has no phone tech support, and emails are not being replied to for weeks.

Never again Trion, never again.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @Lehman are you coming back? Please let me know!

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    It's stupid. I have patron, but I can't access live chat anymore.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    It's stupid. I have patron, but I can't access live chat anymore.

I never could.

As smooth as Rift and Defiance went for me, I never would have expected this from Trion.

• Options
    This happens with every MMO. It's not especially relevant.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Is there any chance we can set up a trade pack run sometime this weekend for those of us that need to run distilled liquor?

If anybody isn't ready to do that one yet, I can provide grapes, puree, olives or narcissus. Just send a mail to Clankclank with your request.

I can take people over in my new clipper any time. Just hit up Figment if I'm on. No promises on making it back alive though.

The main reason I want to set up a time this weekend is so we can get a whole bunch of people finished with the quest at once. More targets means a greater chance of surviving to cash in the trade packs. It also helps prevent people catching wind of the trip too late to benefit.

• Options
    if i can ever get work projects over i can play this game some. what a glorious day that will be.

• Options
    I had a ton of vacation time saved, and it's a use it or lose it situation, so I'm going to take Auroria week off. Maybe I will do something other than pack runs that week!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Some good Thunderstruck tree maths:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?90424-Definitive-Thunderstruck-Statistical-Inference-Thread
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?88516-Definitive-Thunderstruck-Ratio-Data
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Slf52b1JAvcVcUONWCZgUTMF1WOsfbfq0b2s1T5Nz-0/edit#gid=2018112183

The math on tree size/growth time/TS chance is going towards cedars being your best bet planted on a 16x16, with your chance per day of getting a TS at around 1.4%

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Is there any chance we can set up a trade pack run sometime this weekend for those of us that need to run distilled liquor?

If anybody isn't ready to do that one yet, I can provide grapes, puree, olives or narcissus. Just send a mail to Clankclank with your request.

I can take people over in my new clipper any time. Just hit up Figment if I'm on. No promises on making it back alive though.

The main reason I want to set up a time this weekend is so we can get a whole bunch of people finished with the quest at once. More targets means a greater chance of surviving to cash in the trade packs. It also helps prevent people catching wind of the trip too late to benefit.

I can take the galleon on weekends, we discovered that ramming the docks allows you to jump off the bow of the galleon directly into the safe area next to the neutral guards.

• Options

I can take the galleon on weekends, we discovered that ramming the docks allows you to jump off the bow of the galleon directly into the safe area next to the neutral guards.

haha, awesome! I wanna go

• Options
    If you have a firm date and time I can ask some other guilds if they also want to make the run.

• Options
    Woo, banned.

I suspect I got flagged accidentally, as the worst thing I've done in game is make fun of Koreg (and actually I should probably get bonus patron time for doing that).

This sucks tho.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @SeñorAmor N-noooo :< Dispute it? If stupid fuckers who zipped around teleporting and amassing massive amounts of wealth and materials can get unbanned, you can.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Generic copy and paste response from Scapes in a bunch of threads on the forums referencing false positives.

Christ I hope I get this figured out. I'm no cheater.

• Options
    In the meantime, can someone check my farm and get the date it's paid until? I can't remember the exact day I put it down.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That really sucks dude. Where is your farm located? I will check it when I get home from work.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Top of the hill by the Construction Site. Someone online will know where it is.

Holy shit you guys cannot believe how shitty I feel right now. I swear I have never done anything remotely illegal in this game (or any game for that matter) and to be called a cheater is the absolute worst thing ever.

I actually feel lost. I don't know what to do.

• Options

Holy shit you guys cannot believe how shitty I feel right now. I swear I have never done anything remotely illegal in this game (or any game for that matter) and to be called a cheater is the absolute worst thing ever.

Well, obviously, since they are banning people who aren't doing anything wrong and still haven't banned the people who ARE cheating, the way forward is clear! JOIN THE MASSES, CHEAT YOUR WAY TO VICTORY!

• Options

Have you been running any programs that overlay on top of Archeage? Stuff like Nvidia's ShadowRecord have been causing issues on my machine. Frapps and other such programs might not play nice with Archeage.

• Options
    rwextremerwextreme Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Today will be the day known as the day Trion made a mistake. You don't mass ban 10k+ accounts using a heuristic scan (admitted by the Trion CEO) and not make false positives. Furthermore, as a CEO you don't proceed to claim less than an hour after the mass ban that their audit of the legitimacy of the bans has shown to be 100% correct. And then for the CEO to go on Twitter and cite there will be no reversals and he wishes you the best. This seems entirely mishandled and largely influenced by what seems to be a community demanding they react and react harshly in response to the reports of hacking. They sure got a harsh response alright, unfortunately I'm sure a good number of people who probably wanted to see the cheaters go were also erroneously caught up in this themselves.

It's all good though; Trion, through use of an anti-hacking program they didn't even develop, made the worlds first 100% accurate heuristic scan for 3rd party programs used to hack/bot/exploit. I wonder if I'll be next since I installed the client on my office computer today. I have plenty of programs, scripts and libraries which could easily be used to gain an unfair advantage in AA that I use daily for various automation and data collection tasks on the servers, workstations and networking equipment I manage.

rwextreme on
  • Options
    That_Guy wrote: »

Have you been running any programs that overlay on top of Archeage? Stuff like Nvidia's ShadowRecord have been causing issues on my machine. Frapps and other such programs might not play nice with Archeage.

Only the borderless window mod that Scapes said was ok.

And I only ran that on my desktop, which I haven't even used in awhile, as I've been using my new work laptop so I can watch tv with my wife and play at the same time.

I use Teamviewer to access my work laptop from my work desktop so I can covertly stay logged in and work tradeskills while I'm at work, but other than that, I use no program that could possibly trigger any scan to detect cheats.

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »

Only the borderless window mod that Scapes said was ok.

And I only ran that on my desktop, which I haven't even used in awhile, as I've been using my new work laptop so I can watch tv with my wife and play at the same time.

I use Teamviewer to access my work laptop from my work desktop so I can covertly stay logged in and work tradeskills while I'm at work, but other than that, I use no program that could possibly trigger any scan to detect cheats.

Checked your farm. It's protected until 11/2 which should mean it's safe until 11/9

I am rocking Teamviewer myself so that's out. I wonder if that borderless mod was the trigger. Anyone else using it?

• Options
    Thanks for checking. You wanna harvest my trees, too?

There were several people that said they used the borderless mod and got banned, but I suspect it's just a coincidence as it's a very popular mod.

This discussion has been closed.