As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls]'s moon is waning. Soon the nightly hunt begins.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    bloodborne has a release date, at least in Glorious Nippon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCOYxAuIcM

I don't really have any clear grasp of the game though, aside from the very basic fundamentals. It wuold be neat to see the beast form or whatever it is called.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    ... beast form?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    august wrote: »
    ... beast form?
    "You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play," reads the details from Famitsu as translated by NeoGaf user.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15058-ps4-exclusive-bloodborne-gets-stunning-looking-1080p-screens-show-deadly-be.html

Yeah, some kind of beast form is part of the game, and seems to sort of take the place of going hollow.

This game is coming in February 2015, which is five months out, but there is so much we don't know

also, there is this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWId6_Pemck

And something weird is going on with my TV or ps3 or both and I cannot get my ps3 to display. :(

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    So many items

So little Twinkling Titanite

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    that sure looks like a souls game

but no soul counter? and what's that in the top left, he has two pumpkins?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    There are different types of bullets, and the character threw rocks to pull enemies.

• Options
    not those, where the humanity counter would be

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness the Majestic Greatsword has the raddest powerstance moves ever. Also it's regular moves are pretty great too.

...Guess who just massively respecced for NG+?

• Options
    @zay
    enb thinks that pumpkin thing is your blood level or something, it goes up when you pick up a blood vial

• Options
    @zay
    enb thinks that pumpkin thing is your blood level or something, it goes up when you pick up a blood vial

actually i'm fairly certain now it's a healing item count, watching it during the boss fight at the end

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So uh the Majestic Greatsword might just be the single greatest melee PVP weapon in the game:
    B2D865C6B5F3CBBD339078F1E9F45B3596FBE039
    See the deal is, assuming you put in your left hand and pump up your stats enough to power-stance it, it has three amazing movesets, three! First it has one-handed moveset with an amazing double spin L2 which can very easily catch even good rolls with the second spin. Then it has its two-handed R2, which is this great Artorias-esque fast frontflip swing which if it connects will almost certainly knock whoever it hits down. (To compensate it takes pretty much all your stamina to do it.) Then finally its powerstanced L2 involved an amazingly acrobatic flip combo ending with a somewhat autotracking aerial sword smash which pancakes people it hits. And remember, you can switch between all three basically at the drop of a hat, and you also have all the various standard greatsword moves too. (I like the Mirrah Greatsword as my right hand weapon, it has some quick attacks that are good for chasing people.) I'm not very good at using this build yet but I still managed to kill so many people in Iron Bridge duels by simply changing stances partway through the fight and catching people completely by surprise; even people who obviously were familiar with the weapon had trouble predicting what I was going to do. And did I also mention that the INT and Faith requirements mean most spells, hexes, miracles, and pyromancies are all on the table too? (Assuming you use a northern ritual band; given how many points you need to put into strength, dexterity, intelligence, and faith to powerstance the Majestic Greatsword, you probably aren't going to want to waste any points on attunement.)

Gundi on
  • Options
    So I got the ashen mist heart and finally got to try Sir Alonne.

Uh, I died to him a couple times solo, sunbroed him with some other guy, then went in and killed him with the two NPC phantoms.

It was intense, but not nearly as hard as y'all made it sound. Not even CLOSE. Was so much less stress than Fume Knight, I don't even

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    @zay

In the demo at pax that's a count of the blood vials you've picked up.

They're basically estus charges.

• Options
    So many items

Part of me wants to see if I can make plays happen with Flynn's Ring and three pieces of Alonne's Armor

But farming TT gets pretty dumb after a while, I already kindled the Dragon's Aerie bonfire up to 9

On the other hand, why not go to 11

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    So many items

Part of me wants to see if I can make plays happen with Flynn's Ring and three pieces of Alonne's Armor

But farming TT gets pretty dumb after a while, I already kindled the Dragon's Aerie bonfire up to 9

If you wanna farm the memory of Jeigh, theres 2 twinkling Titanite just down the stairs from the memory (above where you get the fire longsword) on a corpse that'll reset each time you do it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    I had finally made up my mind to push through the endgame and go to NG+ and my ps3 won't display on my TV

yeah right i am a liar

i was totally gonna pick up my fourth character again

because i messed up all of the NPC quests I cared about-- Benhart, Navaan? and Lucatiel

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So many items

It caps at 7 anyway. All that changes past 7 is the number.

NG+8 is the hardest the game can ever be. There's literally no reason for you to stop.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    That's actually reassuring to know! I was worried there would come a point at which any attack the dragons do would just one-shot me.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    NG+8 has always been the Souls game limit for difficulty. All that occurs after that is a resetting of the game state. Item drops, quests and whatnot.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Got to Sinh on my current toon.

Every time I see the NPC phantoms here I think

"Hi I'm Transcendent Eddie!"
    QeShICs.gif

"I put bosses on spikes!"
    MBHz6Sr.gif

"Do you wanna rack a boss? We got bosses on racks!"
    Iyra30H.gif

Goatmon on

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    forum image size limit :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Adjusted for your convenience.

• Options
    I must have just won over ten duels in succession using the Chaos Blade and Flynn's Ring at 8 VIT, with three pieces of Alonne's Armor (and a thief mask)

And I wonder if this means that my build might be cheap, but at the same time, I'm limiting myself to very few weapon and armor choices

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Is there a good place to get chunks besides the bell tower?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

beat nito-tan and chloanne sells them

• Options
    Also for petrified dragon bones, titanite slabs, and twinkling titanite your best bet is to ascetic the aerie since all of the crystal lizards respawn and the dragons also can sometimes drop rare ore.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

the grabby hand things in Black Gulch drop them

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

The rotten?

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

The rotten?

nashandra

• Options
    chloanne sells them in a limited quantity before that point, too. wiki says she starts selling them once you get the king's ring.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    yeah but she has only a handful until you beat the game
    I wish there was a way to break all these useless titanite slabs I have down into chunks like there was in dark souls 1

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I got max rank in bellbros, I'd love to have a way to break chunks down into shards

• Options
    gtrmp wrote: »
    I got max rank in bellbros, I'd love to have a way to break chunks down into shards

I've been playing in the bell tower too. Three more chunks and I have a level 10 club

• Options
    I used the club to beat the game on my first go

has hella scaling and a good quick moveset

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    That Goat simulator mod looks a lot like Dark Souls 2.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Goddammit.

I was watching one of my favorite lets players going through the depths and when he got to the butcher by the large ember, he says, "I refuse to believe that's a woman. That thing's got a dick"

I was going to leave a message pointing out the transmisogyny, but I'd only be leaving myself open to being dismissed out of hand at best and death threats at worst.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Goddammit.

I was watching one of my favorite lets players going through the depths and when he got to the butcher by the large ember, he says, "I refuse to believe that's a woman. That thing's got a dick"

I was going to leave a message pointing out the transmisogyny, but I'd only be leaving myself open to being dismissed out of hand at best and death threats at worst.

Yeah, Youtube is not generally a place to find considerate and understanding individuals.

IKknkhU.gif