As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls]'s moon is waning. Soon the nightly hunt begins.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I have come to a place in Dragon Aerie where I dropped down, and there is no way out.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So I have come to a place in Dragon Aerie where I dropped down, and there is no way out.

that's why they give you the feather in that area

you did talk to the emerald herald and get it, right

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

I talked to the emerald herald a bunch, but I don't really pay attention to the mats I get right now. Alright, lemme see.

Edit: huh. Welp, now I need that equipped.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    ripped the guts out of the amount of casts you get for all lightning and last i heard there was a bug that negatively affected the actual damage. was meant to be +25% buff but its bugged and is -25%.

it is no longer possible to lightning everything in the game to death without ever swinging a weapon if you are a faith caster

now you must holy knight it up

like you know default lightning spear? 11 casts?

yeah

That...

Seems a bit too severe of a nerf

from software

when you don't hate the nerf it seems like poetic justice

when you do....

welp...they still swing that hammer with the same level of ferocity! no matter what

be careful what you wish for with these guys

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    when did you last check the lightning spells, I think they might have reversed those changes in the second DLC patch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    when did you last check the lightning spells, I think they might have reversed those changes in the second DLC patch

twenty seconds ago on my spellcasting main, with 30 attunement and the +1 to spell count hood on I get a grand total of

drum roll

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I guess I'm the one misremembering then

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Sacred Oath takes 4 attunement slots now.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    No they annihilated lightning spear and great lightning spear. Honestly, it's one of those nerfs where you go "Lightning spears were garbage in PvP so this is obviously a PvE nerf. Why do you need PvE nerfs in a game where there are a million ways to cheese anyway?"

But I get where they were coming from. On my STR/FTH Paladin I used basically all my attunement slots my first playthrough on GLS and Sunlight Spear, and if I needed to kill any boss or tough enemy without meleeing I'd just destroy them with spears. I killed Darklurker with 1 GLS and 2 Sunlight Spears from 100-0 on my first try against the boss.

They want FTH to be more about heals and buffs and what not. I don't mind that much because in Demon's Souls my FTH character cast nothing ever except heal and second chance. No offensive miracles at all, just pure Blessed Claymore +5 whacking fools.

They balanced spears in Dark Souls 1 by only letting you get one copy of LS and GLS per playthrough. I don't know why they didn't just do that in DS2 also, but it's whatever.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I don't....I don't have your lock on problem. I don't know how you are having that problem because if I could lock onto an enemy I could hit it. I pretty much stopping using normal soul arrows as soon as I got two great soul arrows though so maybe that's why. They might have more range.

Nah, it also affects the Great Soul Arrow. I made a small video to show that the lock-on range is slightly larger than the range at which you can hit certain enemies. A difference in lock-on and spell range is most noticable during the Moonlight Butterfly fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBAE__IiwU

• Options
    The real Dark Souls starts here. =P

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't....I don't have your lock on problem. I don't know how you are having that problem because if I could lock onto an enemy I could hit it. I pretty much stopping using normal soul arrows as soon as I got two great soul arrows though so maybe that's why. They might have more range.

Nah, it also affects the Great Soul Arrow. I made a small video to show that the lock-on range is slightly larger than the range at which you can hit certain enemies. A difference in lock-on and spell range is most noticable during the Moonlight Butterfly fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBAE__IiwU

I don't think that affects soul spear because I specifically farmed specific mobs by tip toeing up to max lock on range and one shotting them.

Are you on PC? I was on ps3. Wonder if lock on range is different? Ill pop it on my ps3 a bit later today and see if I can replicate your example. I have the fog ring so it should be easy.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Yup yup, this is on PC.

• Options
    Check soul spear for me when you get it.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Lock-on range varies by the enemy. I can't think of any normal enemies that can be locked on to from outside soul arrow range, but large enemies like certain bosses and titanite demons often can be. Conversely, in the tomb of the giants the lock on ranges are all very short because you can't see very far and being able to auto-aim at guys far away in the murk would trivialize the gimmick.

In DS2 there's one boss whose lock-on range drastically changes based on whether you lit up the arena before the fight or left it dark, specifically to be annoying to ranged characters.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

I talked to the emerald herald a bunch, but I don't really pay attention to the mats I get right now. Alright, lemme see.

Edit: huh. Welp, now I need that equipped.

Fun thing about the feather; you don't lose it when you start up a NG+, which makes things a lot less stressful in addition to having better gear to start with.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So I am at the entrance of the castle of the Dragon Aerie, and I think I'm just kinda done. None of these enemies are fun to fight.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So I am at the entrance of the castle of the Dragon Aerie, and I think I'm just kinda done. None of these enemies are fun to fight.

You're so close to the end! Just finish it up.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    you can run from the bonfire all the way to the end of the aerie

also most of the enemies aren't that bad, the real shitty ones are the guys with clubs, just watch out for them, i think there is only 2? if you make it to the stairs you can definitely make a safe sprint from there

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah only two club enemies

Just skip em all

Once you're past the huge stairs the enemies stop following you and you can feather out.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    You can completely skip the first club enemy and make your way around to a sniper platform with a perfect view for the other one.

I think you have to kill the second one and his friend at least once because you have to open a door.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    You can skip everything

Just gotta get a feeling for enemy movement and open that door at the right time

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    You'd really have to beat feet to get to that door without those two dudes kicking you in the ass

I killed them super hard a bunch of times

I kind of hated the club guys

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Nah, you can lure them both over to the stairs then haul ass to the door

They take enough time turning that its real easy to get away before getting destroyed.

• Options
    Never thought about their slow turning before. They are pretty geriatric aren't they.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    They feel like they turn pretty normal to me!

But I guess that's because I've never gotten within ten feet of one without shoving a giant sword in their bodies

Except for the times I do it with my fists I guess

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    You can go an meet Gavlan at all his places and then visit him in his final place to buy infinity poison arrows.

• Options
    Basically any non boss enemy that troubles you in Dark Souls 2 to the point of frustration can be dealt with by shooting like 3 poison arrows into them and letting them die from it while you stand safely away from them.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The old Souls staple.

Except in the Windmill.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    All right, you guys convinced me. But those fucking club guys...

• Options
    By the way, is there a reason why the Vengarl's set is still by far the best armor I can have in the game right now?

• Options
    By the way, is there a reason why the Vengarl's set is still by far the best armor I can have in the game right now?

because it specializes in the things you value when playing the game and you haven't located the armour that surpasses it in those values

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I like that answer.

I like that answer a lot.

• Options
    Lol

Armor

• Options
    Because looking awesome is by far the best reason to wear anything.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    item spoilers
    eo3Wb7e.jpg

MARTIAL ARTIST MOVESET CONFIRMED

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So I guess I'm buying some DLC at some point

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, they're finally implementing that moveset hackers have been using.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Oh man, that moveset is a hacker thing? I've seen a handful of people using that crazy kung-fu stuff in PVP and man it looked cool.