As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls]'s moon is waning. Soon the nightly hunt begins.

19495969798100»

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I thought the new enemy placement was going to be a minor thing, but it does indeed make the game a lot more like the first Dark Souls

how so?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm playing with the Covenant of Champions on and there have been multiple times where I had to flee and retreat to better ground to fight enemies - I had four Ironclads coming after me in the Forest of Fallen Giants and it was very exciting, the enemy placement and the increased aggro range require you to be more methodical in places where you didn't have to be in the original Dark Souls II

And there are more ambush attacks, many more little traps laid out for the player

• Options
    For example, there's now a troll wandering along the river in the very first area in the FoFG and I think you're supposed to avoid it

I didn't aggro it, but it seemed like a delightful trap for a new player who might roll or walk into it while dealing with the other enemies

• Options
    Can confirm now that there's also new varieties of enemies
    Just ran into a dark Super-Pursuer who would fire blasts at me from afar and use the Pursuers spell