As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Patriots Alone in Last Place

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh I don't sympathize with him, but I don't think he should be banned for a year for smoking weed, either.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's because he's had multiple offenses, and the NFL punishes repeat offenders more.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I agree he should be suspended, just not for a year. That said,
    ESPN wrote:
    The legal team for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon will argue in a hearing Friday that its client has disputed test results that were caused from secondhand marijuana smoke, according to sources.

Gordon is appealing the NFL's imposition of a yearlong suspension for a positive test for marijuana.

Gordon's legal team will argue that the positive tests are so marginal that they show uncertainty as to whether the test results were truly positive, and even if so, were the result of exposure to secondhand smoke, according to sources familiar with the case.

if his best defense is "it totally wasn't me who was smoking weed, my friends did, I just breathed it and thus I'm the victim"...see you in 2015, Gordon. And please be smarter.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Did you read the rest of the article? Two test samples with one below and one above the threshold makes his story plausible and certainly worth appealing.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I prefer the deadspin link, as deadspin doesn't make nearly a billion dollars as a direct result of a partnership with the NFL.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I imagine it's definitely possible too. I know I've gotten pretty fucking stoned from just hanging out with people who were smoking.

Of course, if I knew I had to worry about random drug testing at my job I wouldn't hang out with those people but you know...

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    @simo your team name is incredible

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I've never gotten into Fantasy Football.

Someone show me where to start.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was going to call my team "Blake Carrington" but figured nobody actually watched Dynasty and the joke would be completely lost.

So now I'm sitting at the team edit screen trying to think of something.

• Options
    Patrick Peterson ‏@RealPeterson21 6m
    Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal

• Options
    Farmer in Odell

As in

Farmer in Odell
    Farmer in Odell
    Hi ho the dairy-o
    Farmer in Odell.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Nice of Peterson to do the journo's work for them.

Also damn that's a lot of money.

Goose! on
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    My joke name this year is "Manziel L Cool J"

I don't hate the kid (actually I like him) so I love the name

• Options
    Also this :

Peyton Manning dances up a storm at training camp: http://youtu.be/fcijldwUt0I

• Options
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    The #Cowboys and LT Tyron Smith have reached an agreement in principle on an 8-year, $98M deal, source says. Wow.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I bet only half of it is guaranteed

a Pro-Bowl LT at 23 is probably worth some kind of payoff

hopefully he won't be blocking for Tony "4th Quarter INT" Romo much longer

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    tony "fewer 2013 4th quarter int than russell wilson, tom brady, peyton manning, matt stafford, ben roethlisberger, joe flacco, matt ryan, eli manning and several others" romo

not quite as snappy

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I've never gotten into Fantasy Football.

Someone show me where to start.

Go to yahoo.com and look at their fantasy football. Yahoo is the most user friendly for new comers.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    How about Tony "20 teams would totally prefer him to what they have on their roster" Romo?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    tony "dealing with cowboys fans is his own special hell" romo

• Options
    so the Raiders might try moving to San Antonio if they can't get a new stadium

allegedly

• Options
    It would be cool to catch a Raider Game after PAX South wraps. If the Raiders ever played in January. 8-)

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Raiders ain't ever going to San Antonio. That's just dumb.

• Options
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Eww, the Raiders?

Eww.

• Options
    oh right raiders

why would texas want two and a half teams

• Options
    I wonder if Schaub sold his house yet

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

allegedly

Not LA? Whatever happened to that threat?

• Options
    maybe it's an "anywhere but here" thing

• Options
    maybe it's an "anywhere but here" thing

From what I've seen over the last few days, it's pretty much this. The situation they're having with sharing the stadium with the Athletics is a clusterfuck that neither team likes dealing with anymore, and the Raiders clause with the place ends after this season. Wherever they go would be temporary at best until they get their own stadium, but so far the only real options posed for the temporary stay are San Antonio (the most open in terms of both sides being fine with it if [big if] it happens) and San Francisco (the most likely, but a clusterfuck in itself). And the alternative is staying at a shitty stadium where the plumbing keeps backing up, making the stadium literally shitty.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Mark Davis is basically doing a Kim Jong-un and following his father's pattern. He's threatening to leave Oakland so that they can steal more taxpayer money.

That's really the long and short of it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Next he'll be drafting a fat QB with a taste for Purple Drank.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Barcardi wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

allegedly

Not LA? Whatever happened to that threat?

The NFL just uses LA as a threat to get what they want and need out of a given city or fan base

If they ever do put a team there they will lose a big negotiating chip

• Options
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Next he'll be drafting a fat QB with a taste for Purple Drank. based entirely on the 40 times at the combine.

This, much more than Jamarcus, is the legacy of Al on draft day.

• Options
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i personally feel like the most likely thing to happen would be for the raiders to move to santa clara and share a stadium with the niners. would it be a pain in the ass? yes. would it be WAY LESS of a pain in the ass than dealing with oakland coliseum and scheduling around the a's games? yes.

besides, FUCK texas. i'd still be a raiders fan if they moved, but texas? come on man, you're the raiders! you're so california you shit raybans and medical marijuana prescriptions!

the city of oakland sure as SHIT aint gonna build a new stadium, on that we can all agree, but PLEASE don't move to san antonio

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They aren't moving to Santa Clara. They had their chance on that and they blew it.

This discussion has been closed.