As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I made an [ARTDUMP].

Wilhelm_IIIWilhelm_III Registered User regular
edited May 2014 in Artist's Corner
Sorry for dated pop culture reference -_-; So yeah, I used to come here a long while ago, was never super active, then I stopped coming for a bit, then it was intimidating to make a post, but now I am so... ARTTTTTTTTTTT (I am going to be attaching images, hope that's what I am supposed to do, I didn't see it specified in rules...)
Criticism will be gratefully accepted :3

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAhhh images too big, putting them in spoiler.
er5wiqg3rj22.jpg
5i32lr7ets41.jpg
f7dvexooxs4g.jpg (this one I think I am going to make into a full painting)
jdjuto8chwzk.jpg
1orxn7rvufo6.jpg
zyrgovapzbp4.jpg
bax2y8f4zgzg.jpg
3ablrsia0ruq.jpg
hky6lm54cbtq.jpg

Wilhelm_III on

• Options
    JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    Looks pretty good, although (assuming it had a similar process) it seems like something was lost between the line work and the more painted, finished one at the top. The space marine type guy's form is also either not reading well or not as strong as some of the others (like the actual construction). I am in no way qualified to give you advice about coloring, but I will say that these are sort of flat. I couldn't really tell you why, hopefully someone like Iruka or Bacon could tell you more, but the colors just seem a little blah. Maybe they could be punched up a bit with more warm/cool contrast. It seems like whenever colors are coming out muddy it ends up turning out that it's because the person is using a slider between more or less black in the color to make it darker/lighter, but like I said someone else would have to explain that better. Overall, looking pretty good though. Keep up the good work.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    JohnTWM wrote: »
    Looks pretty good, although (assuming it had a similar process) it seems like something was lost between the line work and the more painted, finished one at the top. The space marine type guy's form is also either not reading well or not as strong as some of the others (like the actual construction). I am in no way qualified to give you advice about coloring, but I will say that these are sort of flat. I couldn't really tell you why, hopefully someone like Iruka or Bacon could tell you more, but the colors just seem a little blah. Maybe they could be punched up a bit with more warm/cool contrast. It seems like whenever colors are coming out muddy it ends up turning out that it's because the person is using a slider between more or less black in the color to make it darker/lighter, but like I said someone else would have to explain that better. Overall, looking pretty good though. Keep up the good work.

Thanks alot for the feedback brohan! Yeah colours can be a problem for me. Also when I do the method where I paint in black+white only and then add colour over it I tend to have worse colours :/ Also, I just finished this now! Any Mass Effect 2 fans in da house?

xl9acjyg8td7.jpg

Wilhelm_III on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey.

Upload your images smaller. Really they don't need to be over 1000 pixels in any given direction.

• Options
    Iruka wrote: »
    Hey.

Upload your images smaller. Really they don't need to be over 1000 pixels in any given direction.

For some reason the idea of resizing them never crossed my mind. I feel super dumb -_-