As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Setting a default screen resolution

spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° )Puyallup WA Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok here's my deal. I went and built a PC for the living room, to hook up to my TV. Everything works great, except when I go into a program that changes the screen resolution. When I come out of those programs, it sets the screen size to 1280x1024. Now my TV can't handle 1024, being only 780p, so here's where the fun comes in. Every time this happens, I get an INVALID IMAGE box on my TV. I have to go get my monitor, hook it up to the computer, set the proper resolution, and then hook my tv back into the PC. It's getting very very old carrying my 19" CRT across the whole house, so I was wondering:

Is there any way to set a default resolution, so that after restarts and running programs, it won't automatically default to 1280x1024, and instead to what my TV wants?

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
spookymuffin on