As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] New thread, new Soul to Sacrifice

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the first one, right at the first few days
    should I just wander around and talk to whoever I want, or do I need to do some super serious specific things each day?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the first one, right at the first few days
    should I just wander around and talk to whoever I want, or do I need to do some super serious specific things each day?

Always give presents to people. If they react poorly, reload and give them something they like instead.

You want to add pages to people's profiles so you can get new skills for the trial sections.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    And there's no way to miss everything. Just spend time with people you like.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It's actually impossible to get everything in Danganronpa through one playthrough, but there's a postgame bonus mode that lets you fill in everything you missed very easily.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Man, MAN! PS4 Remote Play is awesome. Like, wow.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I tried Isaac multiple times, but never enjoyed it. I either got no helpful items and died immediately, or got all of the awesome things at once. When that happened and I blew through some bosses/floor, then died...the next time I started nothing had changed and it was still 100% random as to what experience I would have. The controls were also too bad to just 'get better' at the game and progress further each time based on skill, even if you ignored the powerup ratio. I couldn't see the point of it, or how it got such praise and recognition.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I beat the main Danganronpa 2 story! What a great game!

Some non-detailed thoughts on the ending
    It decided to conclude on what I felt to be a much more personal note than the first one. The last chapter was great -- no shit I must have taken a few hundred screenshots of the whole sequence.

Now to move on to the postgame content and trying to collect all the monokuma coin unlockables.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    DR 2 ending: spoilers
    I would have loved to see more about what everyone was like as villains, I can sorta imagine it for most of them. I guess in hindsight Mikan is the only one we get to see in their original state, better then nothing.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Maaaaan I'm still on Chapter 3 of Danganronpa 2. Just got to the murder last night. Stupid work and sleep.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    EU PSN sale on for the next couple of weeks, few classics in there.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/10/big-savings-retro-classics-start-today-playstation-store/

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Geez, fucking Pandemonium? What a spread of titles.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    DR 2 ending:
    ...You know, I just realized who Mikan's "beloved" was. Definitely shows the thought process and how Junko could twist someone to her whims.

Also sorta surprised that enough of Junko's corpse survived the squishymachine for... that... to happen. Eew.

Also, the main lesson of the game?

MAKE F*CKING REGULAR BACKUPS SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. I mean, Usagi was extolling the virtues of saving often all the time. Too bad the coders weren't listening.

I'm amused that Best AI #1 survived the original game, though. Actually, I wonder if they could clear out the system somehow, if she could be used to somehow create a new set of avatars for the wounded. They had originally crafted a avatar for Hinata from his memories pre-school life, right? Wonder if they could use the memories from the surviving crew and mix them with the data that AI was caching about everyone... It wouldn't be perfect, they wouldn't remember anything before this, but they wouldn't be vegetables. A AI uploading themselves to the bodies *was* the crux of JunkoAI's plan...

Speaking of Usagi, where did that last one come from? Was it part of the shutdown sequence where the original Operator would take control of the system again?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Count me among the people that bought Neptunia and then couldn't get into it.

Just picked up ReBirth to give it a try :D

Any general tips or things I should know?

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Been a drought of sale games on the vita lately. Daddy needs himself a new fix!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    DR 2 ending:
    ...You know, I just realized who Mikan's "beloved" was. Definitely shows the thought process and how Junko could twist someone to her whims.

Also sorta surprised that enough of Junko's corpse survived the squishymachine for... that... to happen. Eew.

Also, the main lesson of the game?

MAKE F*CKING REGULAR BACKUPS SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. I mean, Usagi was extolling the virtues of saving often all the time. Too bad the coders weren't listening.

I'm amused that Best AI #1 survived the original game, though. Actually, I wonder if they could clear out the system somehow, if she could be used to somehow create a new set of avatars for the wounded. They had originally crafted a avatar for Hinata from his memories pre-school life, right? Wonder if they could use the memories from the surviving crew and mix them with the data that AI was caching about everyone... It wouldn't be perfect, they wouldn't remember anything before this, but they wouldn't be vegetables. A AI uploading themselves to the bodies *was* the crux of JunkoAI's plan...

Speaking of Usagi, where did that last one come from? Was it part of the shutdown sequence where the original Operator would take control of the system again?
    Yeah, it is really odd that Usami came out there. I guess it's maybe a sign that the shutdown sequence doesn't work exactly like either Makoto or Junko explained it -- at least, not anymore, with the system as virus infected and modified as it was.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Bonepart wrote: »
    Count me among the people that bought Neptunia and then couldn't get into it.

Just picked up ReBirth to give it a try :D

Any general tips or things I should know?

Not that I can think of. Consider the game as a slow burn, and many of the higher functions of the game will be shown off later. Enjoy the updated combat and localization.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Baby, oh babyyyyy

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/11/vita-exclusive-murasaki-baby-will-enter-nightmares-september-16th/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQf--oiblXY

Massimo Guarini, director of Shadows of the Damned and now director of indie studio Ovosonico, has announced that the eerie, nightmarish world of his action-puzzler Murasaki Baby will be seeping onto PlayStation Vita on September 16th in the US, and September 17th in Europe.

Murasaki Baby is played with the Vita’s touchscreen. You hold onto the little girl’s hand to guide her across the treacherous world before her as you attempt to find her lost mother. The purple heart in her other hand represents her life – sometimes it will float away and you’ll need to catch it for her.

You’ll also need to tap and swipe the screen to shoo off the traps and enemies that snarl, pounce, and otherwise try to maim the little girl. Aside from that, you’ll need to solve a few touchscreen-based puzzles to open up a safe path forward.

Murasaki Baby also makes use of the back panel of the Vita in an interesting manner. At times, the young girl will be too frightened to move on, refusing to take your hand. What you’re able to do, then, is to flip the background using the back panel to a happier scene to encourage her.

You should be able to see the other main feature of Murasaki Baby for yourself. Yep, it’s the surreal world that you travel through. Illustrated with a mostly black-and-white world, the denizens in Murasaki Baby where costumes, are absorbed by parts of the environment, and the more horrific scenes feature images resembling birth and mutilation.

Murasaki Baby will cost you $14.99 at full price, but during its launch period next week it will be discounted to $11.99 for a short while. You can find more information and screenshots on the game’s website.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Binding of Isaac Rebirth trailer

SUPER NSFW

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Also with a large side of "SUPER WTF"

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Although not really surprising, if you've ever played Isaac or anything by that crew.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2014

SUPER NSFW

More like SUPER AWESOME.

(Of course this is from someone whose favorite movie of all time is Who Framed Roger Rabbit, followed by V/H/S/2. Worldly!)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Wow. Talking about early Chapter 2 in Nep-Nep Land...
    Ran into the fight with Black Heart and got STOMPED.

Haven't really figured out how to get decent cash for healing items, so I was pretty much out after the preceding fight.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    Bonepart wrote: »
    Wow. Talking about early Chapter 2 in Nep-Nep Land...
    Ran into the fight with Black Heart and got STOMPED.

Haven't really figured out how to get decent cash for healing items, so I was pretty much out after the preceding fight.

I had that same "oh shit" moment the first time too. I forget what I did, but oftentimes a level or two can make all the difference, just in terms of raw power. If you're hurting for cheap healing, you could always try to manipulate your XP such that you heal after you level up from the first fight.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Finally got to start Danganronpa 2 last night.

End of Chapter 1 spoilers:
    WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

This is delightfully fucking crazy. I'm actually kind of surprised that I'm sad that Byakuya died first with as much of a dick as he was in the first game (because it's totally the same fucking Byakuya somehow) but he was genuinely trying to get in front of the whole thing and make them all 'win'.

I'm also curious just who Makoto Nagito was going to kill...was he just going to stab the closest person? Does that ever get talked about?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Finally got to start Danganronpa 2 last night.

End of Chapter 1 spoilers:
    WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

This is delightfully fucking crazy. I'm actually kind of surprised that I'm sad that Byakuya died first with as much of a dick as he was in the first game (because it's totally the same fucking Byakuya somehow) but he was genuinely trying to get in front of the whole thing and make them all 'win'.

I'm also curious just who Makoto Nagito was going to kill...was he just going to stab the closest person? Does that ever get talked about?

Danganronpa 2 was awesome, just finished it a couple days ago.

In response to your question:
    It is never talked about who Nagito was planning to kill, if he even had an intended target. During that trial, he makes it sound like he didn't really care who died (and in fact may have been betting on being the first to die, with the way he manipulated Teruteru).

I was also sad to see Byakuya die first in this game. He was genuinely trying to protect everyone and paid the ultimate price.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ahhh!
    My wish has been granted, and admittably, coming right out of DR2 I am kind of intrigued...
    Spoilers for DR2 and Another Episode:
    Screenshot_7.jpg

TSUMIKI_AS_A_DESPAIR.jpg
    SOUDA_IN_A_DIFFERENT_OUTFIT.jpg
    SONIA_IN_A_FUNERAL_OUTFIT.jpg
    SAIONJI_IN_A_PINK_KIMONO.jpg
    PEKOYAMA_IN_KENDO_OUTFIT.jpg
    NANAMI_HOLDING_USAMI_IN_DIFFERENT_CLOTHING.jpg
    KOMAEDA_AS_A_DESPAIR.jpg
    KOIZUMI_AS_A_DESPAIR.jpg
    IBUKI_AS_DESPAIR.jpg
    GUNDAM_SOUDA_AND_SONIA_AS_DESPAIR.jpg
    FUYUHIKO_AS_DESPAIR.jpg
    AKANE_AS_DESPAIR.jpg

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    What's the best option for getting a Vita these days? The Borderlands bundle? Not seeing much in stock anywhere else.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Corpekata wrote: »
    What's the best option for getting a Vita these days? The Borderlands bundle? Not seeing much in stock anywhere else.

Decision steps:
    1) Do you want an OLED model? Get a refurb, since OLED models seem to be especially scarce otherwise
    2) Do you want Minecraft more than Borderlands 2? You might want to see if the rumors that there's going to be a Minecraft bundle turn out to be true, though I think it is looking exceedingly unlikely as time goes on
    3) Else, Borderlands 2 bundle

The alternative path, if you really really want a certain color, is to import whatever you want from Japan, since the only difference is the Health warning (the first page of the digital manuals) is in Japanese and the function of the X and O buttons is swapped. This will likely be more expensive though, of course.

bss on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The game itself doesn't matter to me, I have no real intention of playing it on Vita, just seems like it's the only new option available anywhere as far as I can tell, wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything or any stores that might actually be stocked.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

SUPER NSFW

More like SUPER AWESOME.

(Of course this is from someone whose favorite movie of all time is Who Framed Roger Rabbit, followed by V/H/S/2. Worldly!)

Your love of V/H/S 2 makes me miss the "bro" button(though I liked the first one better).

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    what's V/H/S 2

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

SUPER NSFW

More like SUPER AWESOME.

Your love of V/H/S 2 makes me miss the "bro" button(though I liked the first one better).

It was close, actually, but 2 just edges out the first because it doesn't have as many out of place elements as the first one. Like, while the alien scenario in V/H/S 2 was just bright lights and fog horns and all sorts of stupid, 1 had the boring murder-generic hotel scenario which was really out of place in a movie centralized on the supernatural. The ending to the last one(which the possessed girl in the attic) also ended on a fairly disappointing note.

The second one was generally the closest it came to "perfect" horror for me because it only gave you "just enough" as far as information goes. They understood that overexplaining something takes away from the horror element(see: Grave Encounters 2...bleh), and left you with only enough to let your imagination run away on you while not leaving you totally in the dark that you didn't get invested. The scenario with the cult was pretty much the pinnacle of the movie in this regard. I constantly wanted to know more about what was going on even as the movie refused to tell me - but it was because I was genuinely curious, and not because I felt the movie wasn't giving me enough.

And the zombie one was just utter hilarity.

The only problem is I really need a video game that does this. While watching a horror movie is always fascinating(even if it's shit), I'm way too jaded to really be affected by something I can't interact with(unless it's super pointless gross-out stuff like Human Centipede). This is part of why I have high hopes for something like P.T. now. Until the super cryptic puzzle stupidity starts to take away from the mood, it was a really amazingly done teaser - nothing is explained to you, you're just left to discover what's going on in this house that seems to defy a rational mind. That's the kind of game I'm hoping Silent Hills ends up being, because I need something to really stress the Vita's remote play. Get myself in a dark room with some headphones and the Vita on remote play with Silent Hills, in the bed with the blanket over my head.

It's a good thing I don't have a heart condition.

• Options
    That's the kind of game I'm hoping Silent Hills ends up being, because I need something to really stress the Vita's remote play. Get myself in a dark room with some headphones and the Vita on remote play with Silent Hills, in the bed with the blanket over my head.

It's a good thing I don't have a heart condition.

I did this with P.T. and almost had to tap out, and as I've mentioned earlier in the thread I usually don't ever get like that. The mood P.T. sets is amazingly effective. (I eventually tapped out because I didn't want to deal with the intentionally-obtuse puzzle junk.) If that ends up being Silent Hills's approach, hell yes sign me up for that.

Also, that was the first thing I've seriously Remote Played other than a couple games of Resogun, and I am still impressed with how well that holds up.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I freaked myself out the other night by BRIEFLY imagining that the ghost from PT was over my bed watching me sleep*, SilentHill+Vita+darknes+blanket seems like a bad idea.

*Stupid mind doing stupid thoughts before bed.

**totally WOULD be scary if you opened your eyes and saw that ghost lookin' at you though yeah?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation is up for preorder on Amazon. They claim it's releasing January 27th.

Edit: nothing of course on an LE, hopefully IFI gets their stuff together this time so it's less of a trainwreck release.

bss on
  • Options
    It's "Iffy", dude ;)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Got a package in the mail today... a Vita-related package...
    pw38trvg209s.jpg
    Vanillaware hoodies!

1.jpg 72.7K
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    bss wrote: »
    Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation is up for preorder on Amazon. They claim it's releasing January 27th.

Preeeeeeeeeeeee.......orrrrrrrderrrrrrred.

• Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Got a package in the mail today... a Vita-related package...
    pw38trvg209s.jpg
    Vanillaware hoodies!

jerk <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    PT sets up the dread so well that it's simply cinematic. Sadly, all that disappears when you spend twenty minutes zooming on everything trying to solve the puzzle to advance.

Be weary of Borderlands 2, it's not a good port.