As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Got some stuff framed

QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest MortalRegistered User regular
edited May 2014 in Social Entropy++
I don't know if this is the place for it, but hey, entropy.

So my therapist has informed me that I have "created both a mental and physical prison" for myself. One of her suggestions was to make my apartment "more like a home"; i.e hang pictures, decorate, etc. Unfortunately, I lack a general sense of aesthetics and don't much care for "art". So, I took a different route and had some of my nerdy pictures and autographed memoribillia framed and intend to hang them on my walls as a way to "break out of prison".

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, dick jokes...classy as fuck.

And then, just a couple random pieces I had around that I figured...what the heck, go nuts.

Thoughts?

Qumaden on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't want to click these links.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Looks homey to me.
    Also, a hot tip, don't hang stuff on the wall over your bed. You probably haven't, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    My bad, I thought twitter auto-embedded.

-Fixed!

Qumaden on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I like it, especially the ship one.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to frame The Tithe, or make a kind of coffee table book out of it.

Did you do the framing yourself or get it done custom someplace?

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I think I would hang Suck It Old Man, directly underneath the park bench meditation.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    The park bench meditation as you call it (which I really like that descriptor btw) is one of those things that no matter how bad a day I've had, no matter how pissed off, angry, upset, miserable, weepy I am...it will always make me smile.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Do you know of any nice cheap places to order frames? My walls are mostly covered in creased and crinkled posters held by loose tacks.
    Also an old Wing Commander Galaxy map.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I took all these to Michaels and had them custom framed. They were having some huge sale and I got like 2500$ worth of framing done for about 500. They had a decent selection of cheaper frames, but it seemed to be only in very specific measurements.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Do you know of any nice cheap places to order frames? My walls are mostly covered in creased and crinkled posters held by loose tacks.
    Also an old Wing Commander Galaxy map.

I actually got some cheap frames for my posters at Walmart. You can get them for less than $20/pop; obviously they aren't as nice as if you got them professionally framed, but it looks much better than if you just tacked the posters to the walls.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786