As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Shit yes. Progress is coming along. Some data entered and i finally figured out 2 point functions.

Output print will look like this:

AEEGWVk.png

Also... Now THIS is how you list data for an easy at a glance look. Part of the MUL.

tXRGrE2.png

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Hydro, your grognard-osity is something truly beautiful to behold.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    cant wait to get to work tomorrow to work on it some more. probably 4-5 more hours inputting the MUL data, then its just a matter of copy pasting the formula into the correct cells and verifying data.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    sweet jesus. i couldnt wait so i hammered out the rest of the MUL conversions for the list.
    ill get all the data sorted and in place. hope to have it nice and neat tomorrow.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Saturday's game was, again, a loss for us. Our recent guest player was absent today (probably back at work) but our GM's out-of-town buddy was actually in town and operated Trebuchet Bob.

The battle report:
    > FROM: LTSG Ian H., 4th Marik Militia
    > TO: FCOM Finnegan
    >
    >
    > MESSAGE BEGINS

Today's engagement continued our recent trend against the Secessionists. Our lance entered the AO at 1154 local time, slightly behind schedule. While we identified the enemy 'Mechs in short order, Lt. Chris's navigation suite failed to compensate for the forested terrain he deployed into - we still don't know if the enemies' sympathies for him slamming face-first into that tree were sincere.

Those sympathies didn't carry over into the combat itself. The enemy was effective at manipulating our fire such that we could not maintain damage on one 'Mech for long. Bob's Trebuchet and Dallas's Crusader were in danger of being complete losses while we failed to do any structural damage to the enemies.

Since then, Lt. Chris has also expressed concerns about his Mech's sensor suite, citing a ~70% miss rate with his LRMs and laser, and requested an error test and recalibration. While our machines are indisposed I'd like for us to review the BattleROMs of our recent engagements and develop countermeasures to what we've determined are tactics common to each of our losses.

ALLIED UNITS:
    PHX-1 (Ian) - Moderate armor damage, structure damage to left arm
    VLK-QA (Chris) - Minor armor damage, requested maintenance
    CRD-3R (Dallas) - Major armor and structure damage
    TBT-5N (Bob?) - Excessive structure damage, requires replacement of arms and gyro

ENEMY UNITS
    TBT-5S
    ARC-2R
    CN9-A
    WVR-6M

> MESSAGE ENDS
    >
    > COMMENCING ENCRYPTION
    > .........
    > ENCRYPTION COMPLETE
    > SEARCHING FOR NEAREST HYPER PULSE GENERATOR
    > ......
    > SUITABLE HPG LOCATED
    > SENDING REQUEST
    > ............

So. Turn 1, Chris jets his Valkyrie into a forest, fails his Pilot test and hits his head. Cue Dallas ribbing him with "George of the Jungle". By the end the poor Trebuchet lost his Gyro and both his arms while Dallas nearly lost his Crusader to CT damage. I think I need to practice against the tactics our GM is using - he likes to use annoyances to distract us and keep us from properly focusing our fire.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    So... Building a force centered around the Alpha Strike lance types (fire support, battle lance etc.) is rather trickey. I was hopeing to make something where you select a lance roll from a dropdown box and it populates the lance, within a specified point value, with mechs that fill the Lance role within its specific rules.

... Yea. I dont have that kind of skill. I think the best i can do is have selections for the role of each mech you want in the lance, specify a weight and let it pull from the list. Not ideal, but randomish.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey! I finished a thing! (Cross-posted from the Miniature Painting thread)

Alright, after entirely too many hours and a billion distractions, I finally finished my BattleTech ComStar Level 2.

b5fb5114-3697-4fd0-96d9-76947974343e.jpg

The white with black-lined panels, while laborious to get done, looks really nice. It could be better in places, but I'm happy with it on the whole.

Parade colors are fun, but it might be a while before I try this paint job again.

And as a bonus, since I was almost done with them as well, I also finished up my Free Rasalhague Republic (Space Vikings) Lance. 2nd Freemen represent!

ed25da91-a82f-4269-ad0b-5f18e4713c16.jpg

It's kind of hard to make it out in the shitty cellphone pic, but they're based with snow for the arctic climates they guard.

There're more pics over at my Photobucket account.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Crap what's the name of that 'mech in the top photo second from the left?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hitman! I choose you!

(I keep confusing it for an Assassin, and always have to check myself.)

ComStar Level 2: Thunder Hawk, Hitman, Phoenix Hawk (Unseen), War Dog, 2x Badger Transports

FRR Lance: Whitworth, Zeus, Panther, Quickdraw

Nips on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hitman! Yes! Fun 'mech!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Today's campaign game was, ah, weird.

Objective was to destroy an enemy communications outpost at the top of a hill. Opponents were a Vulcan, Thunderbolt, Phoenix Hawk and Rifleman. We thought things were going to be easy when the Vulcan got snake eyes on its terrain roll. Then we discovered the pilot had a Pilot Test reroll... and was described as righting itself with a tree, pole-dancer style. What followed was the Vulcan and I "dancing" with each other for an hour and a half while my buddies beat on the enemy P'Hawk.

Finally I managed to knock her out long enough to bolt past the Rifleman and reach the objective where nobody else could reach me (even with me having lost one jet). Unfortunately in that time the remaining enemy 'Mechs (including the woken-up pole dancer Vulcan) trashed the rest of my allies - Bob's Trebuchet was injured by his last LRM-15 volley cooking off and finished by an enemy, Dallas shut his Crusader down when he took some head hits and lost his Life Support and Chris's Valkyrie got its entire left side kicked off by the T-Bolt, pissed off that I blew up the comm array.

Highlights of the game both involved Miss Vulcan:

-GM is describing the Vulcan shimmying around the trees. The shop owner walks in and says, "A pole-dancing MechWarrior? That's hot.
    -Vulcan and I get into close range. I say, "Let's dance." Cue salsa music from my tablet.

Overall a fun game, even if our victory was mostly Pyrrhic.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I painted more things! Specifically a Lance of the 1st Canopian Light Horse from the Magistracy of Canopus.

IMG_20150422_175011535.jpg
    IMG_20150422_175315359.jpg
    IMG_20150422_175125862.jpg

More shots at the Photobucket.

There's a real big flaw to this group of 'Mechs in my mind, and it's that the Orion fig is so astonishingly non-canon. It's supposed to be an ON1-M, but the sculpt of the fig is hysterically off. So, I painted it how I felt it was should be painted, and came up with a Magistracy-specific variant: the ON1-K2.
    Technical Bulletin from the Magistracy Armed Forces, Materiel Acquisition and Maintenance Command
    As many of our senior BattleMech technicians have already heard, our contract to purchase 'Mech resources from the Free Worlds League has been renewed for another year. However, due to supply constraints and a recent edict by the Office of the Magestrix, some of the Orion ON1-K models supplied to command-level personnel will require local refits before deployment. As has been our SOP for some time now, some ammunition-based weapon systems are being replaced with energy loadouts to maintain the highest level of battlefield-readiness and independence from supply-chain disruptions. Therefore, technicians and pilots of these refit ON1-K's (being re-designated as the ON1-K2 model) should be aware of the following:
    -The Autocannon and SRM systems previously installed on the ON1-K have been removed, per the preceeding noted edict.
    -In their place, a locally-sourced Particle Projector Cannon and additional Medium Lasers will be mounted. All Medium Lasers are being moved to the left arm mount, with the PPC mounted to the right arm.
    -Additional Heat Sinks have been added to the chassis to mitigate the additional thermal burden, but pilots are forewarned that care should be taken when engaging the K2's entire weapons package.
    -Technicians assigned to refit ON1-K models into the ON1-K2 design should take additional care to recalibrate the gyroscope's parameters, as the shifting of the weapon masses within the mech's chassis will cause imbalances to the stock ON1-K movement compensation routines.
    -Technicians should also note the addition of an external Coolant port to the left torso of the chassis, similar in function to the external port found on other 'Mech models, notably the Atlas.
    You can find the schematics for the ON1-K2 at the usual data-node.
    Any questions regarding these refits should be directed the Technical Manager at the MAMC.

Next up: a Star of Clan Jade Falcon scout/skirmishers. Green erry day. I'm excited.

Nips on
  • Options
    ...This was way too soon for me to see another Vulcan.

What's that last one on the right end?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Mongoose!

Also, RE: Vulcan: :P

Nips on
  • Options
    Cross-posting from the MWO thread:
    Nips wrote: »
    So here's the "WTF?" of the day. I discovered a seller on eBay selling BattleTech miniatures based on, or at least derived from, the MWO in-game models.

King Crab
    Another King Crab
    Awesome
    Another Awesome
    Catapult
    Gaussapult

I have mixed feelings about this.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    The Vulcan was always one of those mech's I could never wrap my head around since it didn't really seem to fill any particular niche; mechs 10 tons lighter then it could beat the crap out of it and it's anti infantry value is sketchy at the best of times.

I take it this is a variant as opposed to the one with the AC2?

• Options
    Gaddez wrote: »
    The Vulcan was always one of those mech's I could never wrap my head around since it didn't really seem to fill any particular niche; mechs 10 tons lighter then it could beat the crap out of it and it's anti infantry value is sketchy at the best of times.

I take it this is a variant as opposed to the one with the AC2?

Actually, the Vulcan I have there is the stock VL-2T model, with the Flamer in the RA, AC/2 in the RT, Medium Laser in the LT, and Machine Gun in the LA. So, exactly the questionable build you're thinking of.

Which is super funny to me, because the representation on the model is kinda bad. The weapon barrel/port for the Flamer is like five times the size of the AC/2, and the barrel porting on for the Machine Gun makes it look like there are seven individual barrels. It's just, man. It could be better.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Been a long time, but I seem to recall quite a few instances of official art that depicted machine guns as rotary weapons like a vulcan or minigun.

I'll commit a heresy and admit that I'm not a big fan of the vast majority of 'official' art from the earlier years. I liked the 3060's & Project Phoenix TRO's a lot, and some of the stuff from 3055 (not just the unseen stuff from Victor Music Industries) & '58, but I vastly prefer the fourth edition boxed set's art to the "canon" versions of the classic Inner Sphere mechs, and I feel like the PC games have generally made a lot of the stuff look cooler.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Are you guys aware of any small "Cheatsheet" type things for beginners? I'm introducing the game (Battletech, base rules with 3025 tech, no Aerospace or infantry or battlearmor) to some people who have never played before, and I want a notecard sized thing that has just enough information to help a new player while also not overloading them with "And Heavy Forests block LOS and here's how much heat a Machine Gun does and here's a PPC 10, don't mind the tab-stop error". Maybe something with hit locations from the various arcs, turn-order, and basic modifiers (movement), things that don't appear on a 'Mech sheet itself.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Been a long time, but I seem to recall quite a few instances of official art that depicted machine guns as rotary weapons like a vulcan or minigun.

I'll commit a heresy and admit that I'm not a big fan of the vast majority of 'official' art from the earlier years. I liked the 3060's & Project Phoenix TRO's a lot, and some of the stuff from 3055 (not just the unseen stuff from Victor Music Industries) & '58, but I vastly prefer the fourth edition boxed set's art to the "canon" versions of the classic Inner Sphere mechs, and I feel like the PC games have generally made a lot of the stuff look cooler.

I'm pretty sure you're not a heretic there. Even some of us grognardian die-hards admit that the older art can be downright fugly. Kintaro, baby, I'm looking at you. EEeeuuuugh. I'm, personally, a super fan of the art direction the game has gone in more recently.

As for the Vulcan, it still amuses me that the 0.5t Machine Gun needs seven barrel ports and entire fore-limb, but the 6t AC/2 is a toothpick strapped to the side torso. But whatevs, I own it, I painted it, and I love it anyway.

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Are you guys aware of any small "Cheatsheet" type things for beginners? I'm introducing the game (Battletech, base rules with 3025 tech, no Aerospace or infantry or battlearmor) to some people who have never played before, and I want a notecard sized thing that has just enough information to help a new player while also not overloading them with "And Heavy Forests block LOS and here's how much heat a Machine Gun does and here's a PPC 10, don't mind the tab-stop error". Maybe something with hit locations from the various arcs, turn-order, and basic modifiers (movement), things that don't appear on a 'Mech sheet itself.

Not immediately aware, but that shouldn't be hard to put together in short order. There's a supplement of compiled tables similar to those in the back of the Total Warfare rulebook, but that's all the tables and the most immediately-useful ones aren't necessarily grouped together, so that's not what you want.

Also, if you're going Notecard-sized, I'd suggest 5"x8" at a minimum (front AND back). Even stripped to the basics, there's a buuuunch of tables you'll need.

Nips on
  • Options
    @Hahnsoo1
    Digging around, I did find the Introductory Box Compiled Tables Sheet. This is a good, solid sheet for what you're looking to do, even if it's not the notecard-sized thing you're really looking for.

• Options
    @Hahnsoo1
    Digging around, I did find the Introductory Box Compiled Tables Sheet. This is a good, solid sheet for what you're looking to do, even if it's not the notecard-sized thing you're really looking for.

Yep, this is what you want. Print both sides on one sheet.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So here's the "WTF?" of the day. I discovered a seller on eBay selling BattleTech miniatures based on, or at least derived from, the MWO in-game models.

King Crab
    Another King Crab
    Awesome
    Another Awesome
    Catapult
    Gaussapult

No Dragon?

:cry:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

King Crab
    Another King Crab
    Awesome
    Another Awesome
    Catapult
    Gaussapult

No Dragon?

It'll be okay, DaMoon. One of these days, I'll get off my butt and learn what I need to rip and print the MWO models myself. Then it's all downhill from there for my bank account. But, figs for everyone!

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

King Crab
    Another King Crab
    Awesome
    Another Awesome
    Catapult
    Gaussapult

No Dragon?

It'll be okay, DaMoon. One of these days, I'll get off my butt and learn what I need to rip and print the MWO models myself. Then it's all downhill from there for my bank account. But, figs for everyone!

The MWO models are so good. So so good.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Even the old art for the Dragon was pretty good. But damn is the stock mech terrible in the tabletop game.

makes for interesting games though. All of the stock designs are pretty deliberately craptacular in some way. The Dragon just packs the punch of a mech half its weight.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Battle today!

PHX-1, ARC-2R, CRD-3D, TBT-5N
    versus
    CN9-A, ON1-V, MAD-3R, WVR-6K

Chris got himself a new Archer (actually his model that he's had for time immemorial) to replace the Valkyrie that got its side kicked in last time. It ended lying on the ground, both its LRMs busted up.

I also rolled kinda bad. Lined up right behind a Marauder and alpha'd into it, putting me into 8 heat debt. Nothing hits. Tried to DFA it. Fail the roll, snake eyes on my re-roll.

Had another guest playing Trebuchet Bob today. It, uh, did not end well for the Trebuchet. After losing three of the things, two to ammo explosions, we think it's time for him to use a 'Mech that isn't out-armored by my Phoenix Hawk despite being five tons heavier. At the start of the battle, our lance-of-four had three indirect-fire support mechs and a large scout - I think my PHX-1's LLAS may be the only weapon in our lance that is guaranteed to put more than 5 damage on a single location. I'd recommend a Centurion if it wasn't as reliant on ammo as the Treb.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular

King Crab
    Another King Crab
    Awesome
    Another Awesome
    Catapult
    Gaussapult

Thanks for linking these. I bought two of his custom Marauder sculpts, my absolute favorite Mech ever.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    Another unit painted! Cross-posted and trimmed from the Miniature Painting thread:
    I finished up another unit of Battlemechs. Clan Jade Falcon, Delta Galaxy, recon Star. Group shot!

023d8528-dd94-4035-b6f7-04f546d9a944.jpg
    (I need to work on my camera skills, lighting is all over the place in these pics)

More (ZOMG HUUUUGE PICS) in the spoiler:
    Dem Asses:
    IMG_20150518_213127890.jpg

Grendel - Really happy with how this one turned out.
    f5ff63e1-1d0e-4256-b87c-21e4c435340a.jpge7a8d3ed-6a63-4f56-977d-e167658a5993.jpg

Kit Fox - He's a derpy, old 2nd Edition plastic fig, so I'm happy it just doesn't look like ass.
    5c44b908-3b93-45fe-94e8-4e6a77cc7f81.jpg

A counts-as Mist Lynx (Koshi), cobbled together from spare weapons and a cheap Chinese plastic fig I got out of a vending machine. Actually pretty happy with this, but wish the legs were less dumb.
    Also, the cockpit jeweling is clearly the best executed on this fig. Frankly, it was the only one of the group to have the surface area to attempt it properly.
    5421484e-9bf7-4921-8f64-21f7996f0ef1.jpgIMG_20150518_213617810.jpg

Viper (Dragonfly) - Another older fig, but at least this one has some interesting detail to the plastic.
    I'm not convinced the cockpit jeweling looks quite right, but I had a hard time of it since it wraps around so drastically. But I'm basically fine with it. Maybe overdid the white glint on the left side.
    f3a11ac4-3e29-40f4-bb97-575334479217.jpg9a749f26-e481-4db5-9c36-2c69aee503b6.jpg8b1ee71e-0d58-4a04-84f0-6fb095220c96.jpg

Cougar - I'm super proud of the cockpit here, managing to make it not look like ass. Could've done a better job on the yellow shoulders/missile tubes, but by this point, I just wanted to be done.
    6bbcc073-2a11-4851-97c7-a58d58af33a1.jpg8a2ed5de-8f7c-4fc3-835a-d754b0ef5628.jpg

Next up is my first lance of Oosik-painted 'Mechs, while I continue to plan out how to tackle those tiger-striped camos. I found a second canon unit that has a similar striped scheme, in different colors, that makes me super excited.

The Koshi is an interesting one to me, because it is literally a Chinese-knockoff vending-machine plastic fig. It just happens to be near the right scale, and near the right shape, to look like a Koshi. I can't leave well enough alone, of course, since it's bigger than a real Koshi, and I'm a nerd, so I present the Koshi II:
    When Clan Diamond Shark launched the redesigned Koshi in 3093, little did they know how popular the design would become to customers throughout the Inner Sphere. Flush with success from the nascent "simplified, non-Omni" design philosophy, and with an increasing demand for a heavier scout chassis, the Diamond Shark engineers went back to the design board. Starting from the basic foundation of the original Mist Lynx Prime, the designers scaled the 'Mech up to medium-class specifications while retaining the original design's speed, maneuverability, and armaments. The addition of a pair of torso-mounted ER Medium Lasers, in concert with the original Streak SRM-4 and LRM-10, give the chassis a respectable punch at a variety of ranges and help to extend its ability to operate away from supply lines. The chassis also incorporates a significant addition of armor, appropriate for its weight class, giving it additional durability in extended skirmishes.

The improved Koshi II has been well-received by potential customers, and the Diamond Shark production lines are expanding to ramp up production.

You can grab the Record Sheet for the Koshi II from my Google drive, here!

• Options
    The Koshi is an interesting one to me, because it is literally a Chinese-knockoff vending-machine plastic fig.

Ha! I've got one of those! And two others to go with 'em. Too bad I haven't seen them in my local toy vendor since like a month after I got them.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    The Koshi is an interesting one to me, because it is literally a Chinese-knockoff vending-machine plastic fig.

Ha! I've got one of those! And two others to go with 'em. Too bad I haven't seen them in my local toy vendor since like a month after I got them.

Shameful admission: When I discovered these in my local supermarket, I literally got $20 worth of quarters, a plastic bag, and spent half an hour more or less emptying the vending machine. I may, or may not, be an irredeemably horrible nerd.

I still have all of them, some of them even based and ready for Battletech games. I'll snap a picture of them when I get home.

• Options
    Ianator wrote: »

Shameful admission: When I discovered these in my local supermarket, I literally got $20 worth of quarters, a plastic bag, and spent half an hour more or less emptying the vending machine. I may, or may not, be an irredeemably horrible nerd.

I still have all of them, some of them even based and ready for Battletech games. I'll snap a picture of them when I get home.

I think I know who the vendor is, actually. Maybe I can see about buying out their stock directly?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Behold, the Knock-Off legion (largely disassembled for terrain-building parts).

IMG_20150519_184241819.jpg

• Options
    Yep, my others are the two you have on the left, though in different colors.

Rear one is black, front one is blue and the Koshi-like is purple.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I'm super curious who manufactured these things.

• Options
    You know what two things I like? Unit Conversion Math, and Online Tools.

'Cause it lets me make dumb things like this:
    Koshi%20II%20Alpha%20Strike%20Card.jpg.png

• Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Gents, I found my old 'Mechs and I can't remember which ones these are. Or for the life of me why I have the couple painted in the colors that they are. Could you be so kind as to tell me what 'Mechs they are and who I could have been painting them as? I would guess House Kurita but it's been a long time since I've played.

**edit** Damn phone didn't post the pic. I'll Post them later.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oooh, oooh! I love a good guessing game! And I've been boning up on my 'Mech ID skills by trawling Sarna and eBay basically every day.

....What? I'm compulsive.

So, while we wait for Johnny's pic(s), an open question to thread: If you found a 3D printed 'Mech, based on the artwork of a particular 'Mech game, for sale on a notable sell-your-3D-print-design-website, would you buy said 3D print? What if you knew it fell into a really grey-going-on-black area of legality as you understood it? What if you really like the model?

So torn here.

Nips on
  • Options
    Well, I mean, you can't get into trouble for buying the 'Mech sooo...

...Do it. Show us.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Oooh, oooh! I love a good guessing game! And I've been boning up on my 'Mech ID skills by trawling Sarna and eBay basically every day.

....What? I'm compulsive.

So, while we wait for Johnny's pic(s), an open question to thread: If you found a 3D printed 'Mech, based on the artwork of a particular 'Mech game, for sale on a notable sell-your-3D-print-design-website, would you buy said 3D print? What if you knew it fell into a really grey-going-on-black area of legality as you understood it? What if you really like the model?

So torn here.

You see, this is why they say "Ignorance is bliss".
    If you don't know it's kind of sort of illegal...