As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[sysadmins] - International Brotherhood of Neckbeards and Mouthbreathers Local 258

CogCog What'd you expect?Registered User regular
Echo wrote: »
I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Cog on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    All this java talk while I was banished has made me... stabby.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Ah fuck, I started the thread without thinking of all the goddamn notifications I'm going to get from it.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Ah fuck, I started the thread without thinking of all the goddamn notifications I'm going to get from it.

You can turn those off.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Unhook from it with the yellow boobie-tassel?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

You can turn those off.

For just this thread though? Cause I like to know when someone necros my Elemental thread.

• Options
    Oh my god you guys, our exchange server died like a week and a half ago.

I totally flipped it the bird, uninstalled it, and brought ubuntu with dovecot/postfix.

SO MANY LESS HEADACHES BROS

• Options

You can turn those off.

For just this thread though? Cause I like to know when someone necros my Elemental thread.

Yeah the boobie-tassel up in the top right corner on the blue bar should fix it for just this thread. You can use this to subscribe to other threads too.

• Options

You can turn those off.

Oh, no. Can't have it both ways.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No no, not the bookmark. I actually WANT the popup for that other thread. I know about the bookmark thing, I'm talking about the popup for this thread

Cog on
  • Options
    edited May 2014

You can turn those off.

Oh, no. Can't have it both ways.

@IcyLiquid‌ fix it kthx

User was banned for this post

IcyLiquid on
  • Options
    Oh!

Hm, no yeah I guess not.

I kind of wish there was a second option to modify how and when the popups occured.

Getting banned was freaky because like 8 popups slammed my page (I guess because it logs you out at the same time). So uh, be prepared for that if you stupidly reply to a thread you're banned in 3 times like I did.

• Options
    Apparently I am trying to set a record for getting banned from my own thread the fastest.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Tell me if this makes any sense.
    The Basics:
    - We have an HP plotter for large drawings
    - It is network connected
    - It is installed on the server and shared with the newest drivers

The problem:
    - Installing it on a workstation from the server does not let it print, the print spools, gets sent to the printer which then shows processing before the printer completely deletes it
    - The server reports the print as complete, there are no errors listed on either the server or printer

The "solution":
    - It is possible to print using the HP installation package....

I spent the entire day trying to figure this out yesterday with no luck, 3 different sets of drivers, 3 different computers, the only thing that works is using the installation package which gives me 200% more work to do when installing this for someone.
    This may sound stupid, but try it: disable bi-directional support. I've found that to help sometimes, especially when an HP printer refuses a job that the server claims went through successfully.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular
    Anyway, carrying over the conversation from the old thread about people not getting the KHHAAAAAAANNNN!! reference made during a department hierarchy setup, I know quite a few people my age (I'm in my early 20's) who absolutely would not get that reference. I only know that it's from Star Trek, myself. I'm just not, and have never been, a Trekkie.

No interesting Sysadmin horror stories from me. I do have a DVR that has a failed hard drive that I'll have to call our vendor about later today, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If people don't get the KHHAAAANN!!!! reference, that's their own damn fault. I'm going to keep making it and laugh to myself. They already think I'm weird, so I can't go too much lower on their oddball chart, although some lady last week was definitely weirded out by when I made a 3 Amigos reference.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Anyone who doesn't get the Khan reference is watching all the wrong fucking movies. I don't care how old you are. It's wednesday, that shit is on cable somewhere.

I mean, jesus christ, you don't have to be a trekkie, it's like the single most pervasive pop culture reference from the first six star trek movies like every start trek movie in the history of star trek movies.

Cog on
  • Options
    Hell, it was even in the most recent movie.

• Options

Nobody Khans like The Shat.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Not to mention this version:

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I am so glad I don't have sound at work.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    edited May 2014
    TIL Pearl Jam is still a thing, and their tour announcements can generate significant traffic...

uq5r2vpsxt5h.png

IcyLiquid on
  • Options
    Old people know how to use web browsers??!

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Apparently

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Apparently

Can you see the user-agents on those by %?

• Options
    No, that kind of thing is on the roadmap though

• Options
    That's awesome.

Add all the things.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

What recent movie? I recall no recent Trek movies.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    I liked Start Trek Into Darkness and the other one too.

• Options

What recent movie? I recall no recent Trek movies.

The new movie is inverse of the old movie, ST:ID

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Old people know how to use web browsers??!
    I'm sorry, but are you calling people who were ever fans of Pearl Jam old? I'm not that old, sir

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Into darkness was fairly recent.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Well that joke hurtled by, Chamberlain. :p

Also, Pearl Jam is most certainly a thing. Their music, less so, since Vitalogy.

Also also, something something computers, ethernet, VLAN.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Also, Pearl Jam is most certainly a thing. Their music, less so, since Vitalogy.

I forgot my snark tags.

• Options

I have literally not paid attention to a single thing Peral Jam has done since Vitalogy, and I liked each of their first three albums progressively less anyway.

Wow.

Such highschool. Very nostalga. So old.

• Options
    The new Star Treks are pretty good. I ain't even mad.

• Options
    I was only a fan of Ten. Versus was meh. Hated Vitalogy. I remember coding C++ in high school listening to industrial or old skool drum & bass, like DJ Dara.

Wait... Wasn't Ten in 91? Oh christ, that was in middle school. Maybe it is old... suddenly saddened

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    The new Star Treks are pretty good. I ain't even mad.

They're fine sci-fi flicks, they just don't feel terribly star trekky.
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Wait... Wasn't Ten in 91? Oh christ, that was in middle school. Maybe it is old... suddenly saddened

Twenty fucking three years old.

I hate when things that came out when I was in school start showing up on classic rock stations. Badmotorfinger was 91 too. STP's Core was in 92, and so was Alice In Chain's Dirt, which is what I am apparently as fucking old as, dirt.

• Options
    Twenty fucking three years old.

I hate when things that came out when I was in school start showing up on classic rock stations. Badmotorfinger was 91 too. STP's Core was in 92, and so was Alice In Chain's Dirt, which is what I am apparently as fucking old as, dirt.
    Oh god you just made me hate myself! Dirt was the first CD I ever owned and one of my favorite albums of all time. I still own both Core and Ten on cassette; never owned them on CD. In fact, I still refer to their A and B sides; personally, I though the B sides were better than their A sides.

Fuck, now I'm talking in cassette language! GOD DAMNIT!

• Options
    Sorry for going totally off topic. But to bring it back to the right direction, we're finally kicking ISA 2004 to the curb and replacing it with a Linux Sophos package.

• Options
    Windows 3.1 was not yet out in 1991. The state-of-the-art cpu was the 486, and the fastest PC at the end of 1991 ran at 50 Mhz. A business class PC was usually a 386/33 Mhz (unless you happened to do CAD work and needed the 486) and probably came with a 100 MB hard drive and a 13-14" CRT display. 1-2 megs of ram would have been pretty average. 3-4 megs would have been monstrous. Businesses probably dropped about $4000 per workstation on them. Your iphone is about 50 times as powerful. Laptops looked like this:

compaqlte386-460.jpg

Dead. Fucking. Sexy.