As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Valve Tour?

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would also love to join in on this, as well as a friend of mine. We're willing to negotiate our schedule to come down to do it (although Wednesday or Thursday would be preferable)!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely interested, along with two friends, and we should be in town all three days.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Arriving before noon on Th, so def in for a Th afternoon tour.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Sounds like a hoot, I'm in.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • FuriusFlatwareFuriusFlatware Registered User new member
    My wife and I would be interested in going.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    So I emailed the front desk last Thursday to book the dates and they've yet to get back to me. I'll give them another day, and if nothing's arrived by then I'll shoot them another email asking for general tour availability.

• IntradoxIntradox AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested on Thursday

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    So cool! I'd love to go and I bet my sis would as well, but we're also local and so can be more flexible on times. :smile: Maybe we should start a locals/non-locals list? In the meantime, I'm sure it would be amazing to meet up with some of the non-local folks as well, as we'd have amazing local tips for them...and I'd prefer before to after PAX so, you know, getting to know people, but I'm cool with after as well if it comes down to it, I'd just love to go.

• b3nt0ub3nt0u Registered User regular
    I'd love to go. I am actually staying in Bellevue since I grew up there. Let us know when and how many people can go.

• VangardeVangarde SeattleRegistered User regular
    just wanted to drop by and say how much fun it was last year. Once was enough for me but thank you for hosting it again.

I think a tour event for locals would definitely help give more people the chance to go. I'm also considering putting up a Google Doc form in this coming week in order to collect information on 1) forum names, 2) availability, 3) local/not-local, and possibly 4) email address. If I do include email, I don't want it to be mandatory. It would be clearly labeled as optional for those who prefer email updates over checking the forum.

Also, I've updated the OP with the current list of people and their day preference. Going by the information given last year, I'm assuming there will only be 25 people per day if this ends up happening. Please note that Thursday is very close to full (if not already from those who haven't specified their preferences).

NOTE: Since I still haven't received word from Valve's front desk, there's no guarantee of this happening. I would love for the PAX community to get a chance to tour the offices. However, please don't consider this a done deal. I've gotten in contact with the organizer from last year and I'm getting things figured out. I ask that you understand June is almost here and this is a last-minute attempt to set things up. I'll keep you updated as things progress. Wish me the best of luck.

• SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I would like to sign up for Thursday. I been a fan of Valve for a long and I would love to see how they operate. Much like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Except for the killing off of guest of course

Senicks on
  • DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    Lazorz? Could you please edit mine to plus one, since I am pretty sure that I mentioned my BF coming as well...

DustyStarr wrote: »
    Lazorz? Could you please edit mine to plus one, since I am pretty sure that I mentioned my BF coming as well...
    Got it! Sorry about that.

Thank you. :3

Oh! Also, how much does this cost?

• domina_fortunadomina_fortuna Registered User regular
    I posted earlier, but I figured I'd mention that mine will be 2 (me and my husband) for Thursday (if it happens).
    Thanks so much for organizing this.

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Hi! This is awesome, can I +1 as well? Mentioned this to my sis on the way home (we carpool, yeah!) and she was totally chuffed to go, and isn't on the forums...yet. :smiley: Thank-you so much for everything done so far, I fully appreciate that this is not at all set in stone, but the effort's so appreciated, thank-you!

edited May 2014
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    Thank you. :3

Oh! Also, how much does this cost?
    Don't worry, there's no charge for this tour. I also don't plan on selling "refund tickets" after hearing about Valve's reaction last year.

As for how members will be chosen, I'm still considering the options. Obviously not everyone can go. Tuesday and Wednesday still have a lot of space, but Thursday is doomed to be popular because tons of people arrive early to Seattle and want in. The methods I'm considering are:

1) Giving priority to those who posted first in the thread.
    2) Creating a lottery system (I don't really like lotteries, but this is still an option to consider).
    3) Pre-announcing a time and day where 25 FREE reservation tickets will be "sold" for each tour day. I'd expect those who get the tickets to show up, and I'd create a waitlist in order of first-come/first-serve to help fill in the space of people who cancel before August 26th. (I like this method the best)

I just created a poll too, since I started typing this. For those of you reading: Please vote here on the option you like the best. It isn't necessarily majority rules; I'm just interested in seeing what you guys think. Thanks!

Lazorz on
  • BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Id love to go and will have a +3 for Wednesday. What times would be available that day? Our flight lands at 3:30 pm PST

Cancel will be laying over longer in Vegas, won't get to Seattle until 6:30pm

BadNews65 on
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I am down (+2) if you do a Tuesday after PAX tour. I am local, so I would willingly give up my spaces to non-locals.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

I say it would be fairer to give priority to those who posted earlier, since we... well... laid our claim earlier. X3 And of course because I want to get in. But still, we got our names on a list and errything! Would be most uncool to get booted for someone who applied after me...

• SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    Thank you for doing this Lazorz.

I'm sure Valve would be very busy that time of year if they're having a booth at PAX not to mention they would been flooded with other people asking for a tour as well.

IMO having priority from post time is the least complicated option to take. No need to set up a system to buy tickets or have a lottery.

• domina_fortunadomina_fortuna Registered User regular
    I say first come, first serve, but obviously I prefer that because I jumped into the thread early.
    If I had to camp for another ticket for something we want to do out there I might lose it.
    Priority from post time keeps you from having to do extra work than you're already doing. :)

• CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Lazorz, thank you so much for organizing this! It's super cool of you to take it on :)

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • ShadekShadek Registered User regular
    Thanks so much for organizing this, you rock! I posted earlier on the thread but I'd like to confirm that myself and 2 friends/attendees would be interested in Wednesday or Thursday.

• SantODiablO83SantODiablO83 Registered User regular
    Hey guys! Wondering if there is still room for Thursday? It will be my wife and I. Also, I apologize if this was answered. What time is the tour? Thanks!

• saskuninja123saskuninja123 Registered User regular
    me plus one on any day! Missed it last year and can't wait for this year

• DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Myself and my girlfriend would love to come on any day. I'm local so no issue showing up. I heard about it last year and was super jealous of those who got to go.
    Really excited to go to my second Pax this year.

DemonsMaster on
    Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Is there a minimum for each day?
    Would it be possible, over the next couple weeks to fill up and make events working from Monday back to Thursday and only creating a tour for the week day prior after X amount of people have signed up?

When you have 15 signed up for Monday.....Create Sunday
    When you have 15 for Sunday, create Saturday.
    When you have 15 for Saturday, create Friday
    When you have 15 for Friday, create Thursday.

I guess no matter how you do it, people can work the system and some days may not fill up to 25. It could relieve pressure on the more popular days if Monday, Sunday, Saturday are filled up first.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Captain StarCaptain Star Vancouver, BCRegistered User new member
    If there's a spot open for Thursday, I'd be interested.

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    interested in the Tuesday pre-pax

• yingfoyingfo Raleigh, NCRegistered User new member
    I just finalized my plane ticket purchase and hotel and it looks like Thursday afternoon would only work for me if time permits and I have no delays. If Thursday is getting to full I totally understand.

• gularsengularsen Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in going whenever since I'm a Seattle local, just after 5pm preferably but I can always try to get off earlier! I know my bro and brother in law would love to go on Thursday when they get in but if it's full they can suffer...

• zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    If Thursday is full, I'd go on a Wednesday tour with my 2 young companions. It would give us a reason to head across the state a day earlier.

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    EDIT: Nevermind. Disregard. ;)

embraceternity on
  • ebagazareebagazare Registered User regular
    Hmm just realized now that the tour spots will probably be first post, first served. If that's the case, if there are any spots open for tours for the Wednesday and Thursday before PAX I'd be interested in going. Thanks again for organizing this!

• popsiphonepopsiphone Registered User regular
    I'm interested in a Pre/Post PAX Valve tour/meet up. I live in Seattle so any day works for me.

• The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Lazors, please note I am +1 as well. My bf is definitely interested!

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • namron9namron9 Registered User new member
    Hello Peoples!
    I'm new to the forum and just managed to get tickets for my first ever Pax Prime! If there is anymore room on Thursday please put me down along with one more! If not I hear there is a wait list, I'd love to be put down on that! Anything to make my first pax experience the best ever! Thanks
    -Phoenix

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Question for those who went last year:
    How much of your day was taken out for the tour, leaving near the WSCC and coming back? I would not mind going on fri/sun/mon if I could plan out what I needed to prioritize during convention time.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet