As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One [chat]

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Oh geez, so I bought the latest Humble Bundle and Age of Wonders 3. I will never have enough time to play all these games. x_x

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    dang pc gaming can be annoying sometimes. yes i have those games installed pls don't ask me to redownload them. yes i am about 80% done the game pls don't act like my saves aren't there

o ok just start over, you're saying

k

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    let's all riot

Where shall we assemble and who will bring the baseball bats?

I love that Commonwealthers don't play baseball, but recognize the utility of baseball bats.

One thing I try and slip into every game of Apocalypse World I run (it's a post-apocalypse role playing game) is that the act of beating the shit out of someone is referred to as 'baseballing'

as in, "Ratchet and Barbarossa went to Doppler's shack and baseballed the shit out of him"

because they're called "baseball bats", and that's what you use them for, yeah? I mean, who plays a game with them?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    One thing I hope PC gaming takes off these current gen of consoles is downloading games in chunks so like I can download the first 5GB and start playing while it downloads the rest in the background.

Even stuff where if I delete a game but have a save halfway through it will start from where I left off and download that chunk first.

Watching people download MLB The Show 2014 and watching the teams light up as they get downloaded was a funny thing to watch.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit just seen an image on reddit where a guy snapped his ankle clean on a trampoline could see both bones clear as day.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    let's all riot

I love that Commonwealthers don't play baseball, but recognize the utility of baseball bats.

One thing I try and slip into every game of Apocalypse World I run (it's a post-apocalypse role playing game) is that the act of beating the shit out of someone is referred to as 'baseballing'

as in, "Ratchet and Barbarossa went to Doppler's shack and baseballed the shit out of him"

because they're called "baseball bats", and that's what you use them for, yeah? I mean, who plays a game with them?

It was the strangest thing when I saw a game of cricket on TV and the batsman was holding a bum paddle.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Someone at the post office put this on a package I sent to my brother in Afghanistan.

spoiled for maybe trigger warning (WTC collapsing)
    lDEndMJ.jpg

• jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    There were some MMOs that were doing that before the current consoles. WoW for sure, and I think Rift.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    let's all riot

It was the strangest thing when I saw a game of cricket on TV and the batsman was holding a bum paddle.

Maybe he was just getting ready for:

Crossing the Desert
    The Unblinking Eye
    The Wreck of the Hesperus

or possibly even

The Paddling of the Swollen Ass... with paddles

jeffinva wrote: »
    There were some MMOs that were doing that before the current consoles. WoW for sure, and I think Rift.

Yeah WoW and Rift and LotRO have streaming downloads.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    let's all riot

America's gift to the Anglosphere

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    I like when they don't want to pay the royalties on some old song for a car commercial so they play a really vague cover of it. I like trying to figure out what the song is. Pretty sure the last one was Immigrant Song.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    oh hai so i am moving away from the beast coast. probably the last time i will get to see any of you east coast people for a couple years is july 4th wkd when i plan on visiting.

it sucks to have my irl best buddies be 2 hours away but i couldn't ask for a better group of see-you-three-times-a-year fairweather friends. love y'all. hope to see as many of you as i can that wkd.

any particular plans?

@Organichu‌

Chu! Are you moving to Denver or the surrounding area? I'm only a couple hours drive from there so I gladly call it a part of my sphere of influence. Don't be a stranger!

I am in love with the Transistor soundtrack.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    let's all riot

I am almost completely certain there has been an incidence of a local council here applying restrictions on the sale of weapons to baseball bats

But I can find no evidence of this, it may have been pre- local papers having any significant internet presence

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    let's all riot

I am almost completely certain there has been an incidence of a local council here applying restrictions on the sale of weapons to baseball bats

But I can find no evidence of this, it may have been pre- local papers having any significant internet presence

Does seem plausible

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Fuck :( dont like the guys content but man fuck Cancer

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I can't get a gym membership because they have a minimum membership length of six months, and I'm moving :(.

Winky wrote: »
    I can't get a gym membership because they have a minimum membership length of six months, and I'm moving :(.

Get the Twitch job?

Get the Twitch job?

Haha, you're behind on your Winky's life updates.

I am moving to Chicago of my own volition.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Fuck :( dont like the guys content but man fuck Cancer

the fucked up thing is when you find out you developed MDS from the treatment and you are resistant to all of the statistically significant treatments for your primary.

"Yo dawg, we heard you hate cancer..."

Get the Twitch job?

Word em up. Damn that's going to be one hell of a change of climate. Trench coat and face scarf should do.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Stonewall them.

Tell them you are moving in a month, they can either get a month of your money or they can stick to their six month policy and get zero of it.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    like in a fucked up way, you're kind of lucky if one of the first lines of treatment is, "dang-gum, we'll gut 'at sum bitch out y'all".

Get the Twitch job?

Word em up. Damn that's going to be one hell of a change of climate. Trench coat and face scarf should do.

I'm from Chicago originally, so I know how it do.

Inquisitor wrote: »

Stonewall them.

Tell them you are moving in a month, they can either get a month of your money or they can stick to their six month policy and get zero of it.

Does that actually work?

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Stonewall them.

Does that actually work?

Gyms are in the business of making money.

Nintendo you have weird solutions to your tech

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-mario-kart-8
    Some interesting things they found:
    When it comes to performance, Nintendo has always aimed to deliver a rock-solid 60 frames per second with each home console Mario Kart and, aside from Mario Kart 64, it has always managed to achieve just that. There was never any doubt that Mario Kart 8 would fall right in line with the rest of the series but upon seeing it for ourselves we immediately noticed that something was amiss. During gameplay we experienced the regular appearance of duplicate frames manifesting as a constant but subtle stuttering effect. Upon analysis we determined that the game suffers from extended clusters in which a duplicate frame is displayed every 64 frames. What this ultimately means is that, during normal gameplay, Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen.

And the multiplayer:
    Unfortunately, two-player split-screen operates in much the same way, suffering from the same frame-rate disturbances of as single-player, provided CPU racers are enabled of course. It's with the three- and four-player modes that things become even more fascinating. At first glance the four-player split-screen mode appears to operate at 30fps, but if you look closer you'll notice something interesting: the HUD updates at 60Hz. Digging deeper we were able to determine that the complete image is still updated 60 times per second with the top and bottom sections refreshing on alternative frames

By most standards, Mario Kart 8 is an incredibly polished game with beautiful visuals, a high frame-rate, magical playability and an excellent menu system. By Nintendo's stratospheric standards, however, we dare say that it falls just a bit short. When a Nintendo game goes gold you better believe the final product will be complete and polished to perfection. In the case of Mario Kart 8, the issues we encountered with performance and image quality do detract just a little from an otherwise totally solid experience - and bearing in mind its previous, relentless push for gaming perfection, it leaves us wondering just how the stutter in particular managed to slip past Nintendo QA. Thankfully, the issue should only really stick out to those most sensitive to frame-rate and shouldn't impact the experience for most people, while the sheer fun and imagination injected into this title clearly trump the technical limitations in the image make-up.

with this and that parts of Smash U operate at 30 FPS while the fighters always operate at 60.

Nintendo is weird as hell.

One thing I hope PC gaming takes off these current gen of consoles is downloading games in chunks so like I can download the first 5GB and start playing while it downloads the rest in the background.

Even stuff where if I delete a game but have a save halfway through it will start from where I left off and download that chunk first.

Watching people download MLB The Show 2014 and watching the teams light up as they get downloaded was a funny thing to watch.

Blizzard downloaders do this.

edited May 2014
    HOLY SHIT just had my mind blown!

Greatest wedding idea ever.

EDIT: well for me at least.

bloodyroarxx on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Good day. I haven't even voted yet and still I can feel a vain in my forehead pulsating.

There is a large WarmaHordes tourney in my city today and a bunch of guys are staying at my hotel and I took one look at them and said yup they play tabletop games.

Not hideous fat nerds or anything but they just look the part.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Fuck FTL's RNG. Shit gets annoying.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Trying out the Extra Ops of Ground Zeroes. This whole game is rather blatantly a demo reel for Phantom Pain, but

it is one hell of a demo. Cannot wait for a full MGS game in this engine.

Oh brilliant
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5V1vSuEMMo
    A spokeswoman for Essex Police said: "They acknowledged they had inappropriately used the patrol car PA system."

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    oh my god if that was the mandatory siren noise i would get an erection

AND THEN THE FIRE ENGINES COULD BLAST "FUCK THE POLICE" AND THEY COULD GET IN HUGE DANCE OFFS

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

obF2Wuw.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Warm sandwiches. Nectarine and cheese tastes sort of tomato.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Pressing question: Why is there still no True Detective soundtrack?

This discussion has been closed.