As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread only got a C rank. Shameful. Find the new one.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Damnit, Adventure mode, stop rounding down. BAA should still be an A. :P

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    They grade like Kamiya games.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Kinda of regretting getting these no-flinch badges on the first 1 or 2 hits. I'm ignoring damage caused by attacks here and there which gives me a bad damage rating.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Man just be thankful they're only going to A. Instead of like C > B > A > S > SS > SSS+ > Pure Platinum.

Reminds me of the first time I got a Platinum Trophy for a level in Bayonetta and I was like "Oh fuck yes! Platinum!"

Then, I got a Platinum rank on every fight in one level in Bayonetta and they gave me a Pure Platinum trophy and I was like "Oh fuck me..." Because that meant there was an extra special super duper rank that I had to worry about. Can't fuck up ever at all.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    You just haven't gotten the S-rank yet.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The bottle is an awesome weapon. Best special, period.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Red Hareing it up.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    These may have already been posted but I haven't seen anything but Ruto is the fastest to get to and Link's final weapon is in X spot when skimming the thread the past couple days, so collecting this all in one post. The first link is a good primer about the game, its systems, and a handful of unlock stuff that's worth reading, but the others are for unlocking the characters and weapons ASAP.

-Link to a getting started guide that explains some of the systems, stat numbers, etc. Buttons may be different there then what you're using since they vary by control scheme, i.e. they list A when describing the dodge then hold to sprint shortcut but using the Warriors control scheme it's B.

-Link to a map that shows you exactly where to use the items in adventure mode. Click the color to change the grouping since it's sorted by tile set. If you're having fun finding compasses over and over again ignore it, but they're such a pointless grind on an already fun but grindy as hell game/series. It's in Japanese but you only need the pictures which are textless and easy to navigate.

-Spoiling this since it is a Zelda game still and some actually care about finding this stuff out, but here's a list of all the items. The spoiled link shows pictures from the scrolling section when you first go into Adventure Mode to match the visual with the descriptions.
    -Spoiling the descriptions and a link to where I pulled the descriptions from, but here's where every character is located in Adventure Mode and what item to use to open the hidden area. Pair this with the map pictures linked above if the description alone isn't enough.
    -Spoiling descriptions for where to unlock weapons, both Legend and Adventure modes.
    Legend Mode
    Some weapons can be found in Legend Mode. You need to capture a specific base in each of the following stages, and a Red Chest will appear.
    Link’s Fire Rod (Prologue Stage 2)
    Link’s Rank 2 Sword (SS Stage 2)
    Lana’s Deku Spear (Prologue Stage 4)
    Impa Rank 2 Sword (OoT Stage 1)
    Sheik’s Rank 2 Harp (OoT Stage 2)
    Lana's Rank 2 Book (TP Stage 2)
    Zeda Rank 2 Rapier (Obtain Master Sword Stage)

Adventure Mode
    Zant
    3-3 square unlocks Zant as a playable character. Use the search option and use Digging Mitts on the ‘X’ and complete the level.

Lana’s Summoning Gate
    3-16 square unlocks Lana’s Summoning Gate weapon. Use Digging Mitts and Raft to get it.

Agitha
    4-7 square unlocks Agitha as a playable character. Toss a Water Bomb at the rock and complete the level.

Link’s Silver Gauntlets
    5-9 square unlocks Link’s Silver Gauntlets. You will come across a long line of trees. You need to use a Candle at the intersection of both tree lines in the top-left corner and get the reward.

Princess Ruto
    5-10 square unlocks Princess Ruto as a playable character. Use the Power Bracelet Item Card to carry the rock and complete the level.

Zelda’s Wind Waker
    5-12 square unlocks Zelda’s Wind Waker weapon. Use a Candle Item Card on the black tree to get the reward.

Adventure Mode #3
    Impa’s Nagita
    Complete the 7-9 square to unlock this weapon.

Ghirahim
    7-3 square rewards Ghirahim as a playable character. You need to use Candle Item Card on the first tree below the column where trees start to appear in pairs and complete the level.

Link’s Great Fairy Weapon
    Square 8-1 unlocks this weapon. Use the Ice Arrow Item Card on the fire ring and complete the level.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man I should've really avoided this thread while I was playing the game. I kinda wanted to not find out who was unlockable (I'm dumb I know, but the excitement of unlocking characters is huge for me) until I got it myself. I know it's not a big deal for anyone else at all and it's my fault for coming in the thread... Still, BAH!

Still quite enjoying the game.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Killed the thread with my whineyness. That's my bad!

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if dodge cancelling out of Agitha's BBY (or any attack in general like that) affects the damage that it does? The attack itself seems to go through as normal.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    For those having problems with Zant: I heard that you can get him to expose his weak point by blocking his attacks (as opposed to dodging). I can't say it works 100% of the time, but it worked for me when I tried it.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Does anyone know if dodge cancelling out of Agitha's BBY (or any attack in general like that) affects the damage that it does? The attack itself seems to go through as normal.
    I'm pretty sure the way it's worked in the other warriors games I've played should be the same here, as long as the move comes out it will do full damage for that particular hit. So if you dodge cancel with Zelda and only get one of the three or so rapier thrusts you only get the damage of that one thrust, but not the full damage of the whole attack thing since you cut it short by a few thrusts. If you cancel a move that summons/shoots something that entire summon/projectile/item/whatever will do it's full damage since you aren't cutting the attack short like with Zelda.

• Options
    Some bosses kind of stop attacking if you're dodging a lot.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So there's this thing called "arrow chasing", where you dodge cancel into or out of firing your bow and arrows to prolong combos or take down weak point gauges faster. Also arrows apparently stun certain enemies longer based on their weakness's in past Zelda games, like the Big Poe captains. Can't wait to try this out.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I spammed arrows to take out gibdos on that forest stage, then ran up to them for the kill. Worked out pretty well.

• Options
    Gibdos are godlike archers.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So there's this thing called "arrow chasing", where you dodge cancel into or out of firing your bow and arrows to prolong combos or take down weak point gauges faster. Also arrows apparently stun certain enemies longer based on their weakness's in past Zelda games, like the Big Poe captains. Can't wait to try this out.

Hmm...

One of the Quiz areas did say that Big Poes were weak to arrows. It also posited that Moblins had a Bomb weakness and Aeralfoes a Hookshot one.

Speaking of, I hope I'm among friends when I say that I hate fighting Aeralfoes. Never did I think I would so badly want the ability to jump freely.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Hmm...

One of the Quiz areas did say that Big Poes were weak to arrows. It also posited that Moblins had a Bomb weakness and Aeralfoes a Hookshot one.

Speaking of, I hope I'm among friends when I say that I hate fighting Aeralfoes. Never did I think I would so badly want the ability to jump freely.

They're really easy. Just wait for them to fly and do their fire breath attack, which reveals their weak point gauge.

• Options
    Come to think of it, it's Darknuts I hate more. Land two hits, then get blocked and countered.

By the way, is there any way to do some sort of counterattack after blocking? There was in Orochi 3, Big Poes seen to have something like it, and there is that weird burst thing Zelda can do with the rapier.

• Options
    They expose themselves much more frequently than Zant, at least. And there are attacks that can knock them out of the air.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    They seem to have a shorter weak point gauge than normal, too.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Come to think of it, it's Darknuts I hate more. Land two hits, then get blocked and countered.

By the way, is there any way to do some sort of counterattack after blocking? There was in Orochi 3, Big Poes seen to have something like it, and there is that weird burst thing Zelda can do with the rapier.

I don't know about that, but the Darknuts seem to have multiple attacks that leave their weakpoint exposed, and by dodging around them and hitting them in the back it only takes one or two hits for the cutscene/ridiculous damage.

I think since other enemies only have one attack that exposes them they may be weak to items as well, which would make sense. I feel like the combat in this game is a lot deeper than I initially gave it credit for.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Okay, guess I wasn't exactly among friends in that opinion. Ah well.

• Options
    Hookshot-powerup with Lana makes a wall, btw.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Hmm...

They're really easy. Just wait for them to fly and do their fire breath attack, which reveals their weak point gauge.

The fiery ones HAAAAATE when you hookshot them out of the sky.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Hookshot-powerup with Lana makes a wall, btw.

What, in addition to dropping the moon?

• Options
    I dunno. I was hookshotting things and a wall showed up. I could jump on it like normal.

• Options
    Ah.

See, when people use the Hookshot, they follow it up with their X,Y combo finisher. And Lana's makes a wall. If you mash X as Lana after a Hookshot, she should continue the move and do the trash compactor.

• Options
    Ah.

See, when people use the Hookshot, they follow it up with their X,Y combo finisher. And Lana's makes a wall. If you mash X as Lana after a Hookshot, she should continue the move and do the trash compactor.

This is awesome. Does this mean Lana goes into Deku Leaf with spear? Because I like the sound of rushing in, and then just keep on rushing.

• Options
    Oh, that makes sense.

• Options
    I gotta say, I'm warming up to Lana's Spear. I just unlocked its third rank, which I desparately need by the way for the fucking Hard Skulltula in Legend Mode where you need to use it. Ugh, that level.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Ugh UGH "KO 600 enemies" and I was at 596 and I ran out of time

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Ugh UGH "KO 600 enemies" and I was at 596 and I ran out of time

Get back to me when you play an 800.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't done the Adventure Mode yet, but it will be really hard to untrain my brain as to which bushes/rocks contain secrets. Unless of course they are the same, then I'm golden!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The same bushes/rocks/walls hat contained secrets still do. Of course, they've added new items, and with them, new (and really obvious) secrets.

So, um, WTF. I just won the Golden gauntlets for Link. His level 2 gauntlets. Was I supposed to earn the Silver Gauntlets in story mode or something?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The same bushes/rocks/walls hat contained secrets still do. Of course, they've added new items, and with them, new (and really obvious) secrets.

So, um, WTF. I just won the Golden gauntlets for Link. His level 2 gauntlets. Was I supposed to earn the Silver Gauntlets in story mode or something?

Um, yeah, they're in story I think somewhere. You can get them before the Master Sword level (if being lightning-recommended but Link-only wasn't a clue).

Also, Shiekah Naginata get. My first tier 3 cleared on the second try. I took one too many hits the first time... then looted a 5-star blazing naginata to speed it up for the second attempt.

This thing should be able to outdo the Master Sword for raw power at 1-2 stars (it's 280 base!), at least until I can unlock the Master Sword's sealed ability (which I've heard requires unlocking all level 3 weapons).

And the fight to get to the last new weapon type (Lana's third)? Just to reach the square it's "Defeat all giant bosses in 10 min"... against 3 bosses. Argorok, Gohma, Imprisoned. Well shit. So glad I have someone to coop with, especially since I need to A rank it and the Imprisoned is an asshole (though at least a good special will put him in weak point in one shot)

Edit: I wish this naginata was in MH4, because I would use it all day long.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »

Um, yeah, they're in story I think somewhere. You can get them before the Master Sword level (if being lightning-recommended but Link-only wasn't a clue).

Also, Shiekah Naginata get. My first tier 3 cleared on the second try. I took one too many hits the first time... then looted a 5-star blazing naginata to speed it up for the second attempt.

This thing should be able to outdo the Master Sword for raw power at 1-2 stars (it's 280 base!), at least until I can unlock the Master Sword's sealed ability (which I've heard requires unlocking all level 3 weapons).

And the fight to get to the last new weapon type? Just to reach the square it's "Defeat all giant bosses in 10 min"... against 3 bosses. Argorok, Gohma, Imprisoned. Well shit. So glad I have someone to coop with, especially since I need to A rank it and the Imprisoned is an asshole (though at least a good special will put him in weak point in one shot)

The silver gauntlets are from adventure mode. They're near the middle of the map, slightly to the right, IIRC.

Of the giant monster fights, I kind of appreciate The Imprisoned. He's dangerous compared to the others, but at least he's consistent. None of that "wait for a specific attack" nonsense

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Oh god. Impa's naginata is SO GOOD on the Imprisoned as it turns out. Just drop a firewall on his toes and they break in no time. From a safe distance. Even during the raging red lightning field (you can drop it as it stands up)