As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hello [Fallout thread], this is John Henry Eden and you're listening to Enclave Radio

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Well, I'm a Melee/Explosives character.

Melee unless there is a tight group, or they are too tough. Which is when the Mercenary Grenade Rifle pops out and starts going boom boom.

Boom Boom is my preferred method of dealing with the Nightstalker Cave of Jacobstown.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Thinking about doing a Fallout New Vegas replay, haven't played since I beat it at release, any mods worth installing? Not super interested in the DLC since none of it integrates into the main world although I did buy the stash pack and the gun runner's arsenal for $1.50 total just now cause why not.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Underground Hideout

New Vegas Bounties 1&2

Maybe one of the Freeside Unification mods so there's no loading gate there.

I used "Signature Armor/Weapon" so you can upgrade a weapon/armor and make it better. Good if you plan on storming the Dam by yourself in a Pioneer outfit and Brass Knuckles.

Since you're using the pre-order weapons THIS will add the weapons to the appropriate perk lists (Merc grenade launcher to Pyromaniac and Demolitionist, Caravan shotgun can be used with shotgun surgeon, machette now has a VATS power attack)

There's also a mod out there that will let you pick which pre-order items you want to start with when you leave Doc's house. You can all, some, or none so that it fits better with your character, and you're not immediately loaded down with 40 pounds of gear from the start.

while the DLC doesn't integrate, there is a mod that lets it (by giving NPCs appropriate DLC weapons) and all of them offer more survival recipes (food, science, weapons, etc) and perks (both leveled and not). Plus you're missing out on BIIIIIIG MOUNTAIN (Old World Blues).

newSig.jpg
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    The DLC storyline is pretty great, it's not like it's totally unrelated to the main area.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    hmmm unified freeside sounds kinda awesome
    pure unified: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45030/?
    crazy fancy pants new content: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46355/?

I feel like just the normal one would be fine for me.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    You gotta at least get Dead Money if you are going to get any DLC

Dead money is AWESOME.

edited July 2014
    Yeah, there's a couple restoration patches that unify Freeside and add back in some content/quests that were dummied out when they split the area.

I really like the Uncut series (your second one is part of it) since the guy adds back in Gojira (if you have Wild Wasteland and kill all 4 legendary creatures) and a lot of cut content like an extended Silver Rush intro sequence and getting your own pack brahman (essentially a pet like Rex or ED-E with 2.5x the carry weight and a companion perk that gives a 10% discount)

EDIT: All those are separate mods by the way. Brahman is 6, Silver Rush is 3 and Gojira is 5

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Gamefly Digital are having a Fallout sale, if anyone is missing DLC.

http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/?stop_mobi=once&cid=quaked3uk072014#!/promotion/162

I'm assuming they're Steam keys, but it doesn't specifically mention it for the I checked.

Oh, Everyone should download wasteland defense.

Its so fun to build your own settlement.

Link? Wasteland Defense on Nexus brings up nothing...

newSig.jpg
    Nocren wrote: »
    Link? Wasteland Defense on Nexus brings up nothing...

Searched for Wasteland Defense on New Vegas nexus I got it.

Here is the result page cause, because it has add-on mods to it as well that you might be interested in

Wasteland defense is soo broken as far as making money.

Literally just built a fence around my settlement and just spawn raids of +10 brotherhood outcasts, kill them all with my explosives and modded GRA Ripper.

repair all the brotherhood armor and get 5000-8000 caps per raid. Only problem is I'm to the point of having to sleep for 3 days to reset vendors so they'll have more money..

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Wasteland defense is soo broken as far as making money.

Literally just built a fence around my settlement and just spawn raids of +10 brotherhood outcasts, kill them all with my explosives and modded GRA Ripper.

repair all the brotherhood armor and get 5000-8000 caps per raid. Only problem is I'm to the point of having to sleep for 3 days to reset vendors so they'll have more money..

MMMMMmmmmmmm State of Decay remixed with fallout universe and balanced......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....that's good dreaming.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So, inspired by the Quakecon sale in which I almost spent $5 on games I forgot I owned, I'm going to play Fallout 1 for the first time using the GoG version. Are there any unofficial patches/tweaks that people would recommend or think are necessary? I'm running the game on Windows 7, on a dual-core processor, if that matters.

Post-manual Edit: Haha holy shit, there's recipes in the manual, that's fantastic.

Crippl3 on
    Well

My money farm with Wasteland Defense isn't being as productive as I desire.

Mostly because I earn 10k from selling repaired salvaged gear, and I spent 12k on ammo to fill out the Apostle Shelves of the One True Wall.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like a step in the right direction at least.

And it seems our robotic overlord agrees.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    You gotta at least get Dead Money if you are going to get any DLC

Dead money is AWESOME.

Eh... I would go OWB or HH if you had to pick just one.

Honest Hearts was boring, and Old World Blues is a major slog unless you do it super early.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Lonesome Road is where it's at.

Seriously, if Fallout 4 cribs anything from all of NV, I hope it's the awesome environments of Lonesome Road.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
    Lonesome Road is where it's at.

Seriously, if Fallout 4 cribs anything from all of NV, I hope it's the awesome environments of Lonesome Road.

Lonesome Road wasn't very good at all, it was basically one step removed from being on rails

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    LR: "Look at what you did!"

"Uh... no? Not only was it before I started playing, not only does my character have no memory of doing it, but by all accounts, all 'I' did was deliver one more anonymous, forgettable package with no indication of anything amiss. If you're going to try to pin blame or make me feel responsible for any of this, first you need to let me have any agency in the matter. But you can't, 'cause then you can't force this storyline on me. So screw you."

(Also, the bit in the trailer where he says, "Bring all your weapons" made me think, "um, might need a couple of boxcars for that. Have you seen the Wall?")

LR: "Look at what you did!"

"Uh... no? Not only was it before I started playing, not only does my character have no memory of doing it, but by all accounts, all 'I' did was deliver one more anonymous, forgettable package with no indication of anything amiss. If you're going to try to pin blame or make me feel responsible for any of this, first you need to let me have any agency in the matter. But you can't, 'cause then you can't force this storyline on me. So screw you."

(Also, the bit in the trailer where he says, "Bring all your weapons" made me think, "um, might need a couple of boxcars for that. Have you seen the Wall?")

Would need the Legions entire slave army just to carry the ammo alone.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    That's exactly the reaction I have at Lonesome Road. I seriously can't give a fuck or internalize the story at all, because I wasn't involved. It might not even be true for all I know, so I choose to believe it's not. Just an insane man unable to let go of the past, projecting his problems onto me.

B6yM5w2.gif
    Thinking about Fallout 4, I feel like it could take a lot from Far Cry 3/Metro Last Light, in terms of blending stealth and shootouts together smoothly. Like, lemme try to use some scrapmetal shivs on some Raiders to save my precious ammo aw shit I'm spotted time to drop some suckas with a 10mm. Stuff like that.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Yeah a robust stealth system would really help out a lot. As long as there's a more active 'search for the enemy' script where they don't just give up after 15 seconds of you hiding around a corner.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Thinking about Fallout 4, I feel like it could take a lot from Far Cry 3/Metro Last Light, in terms of blending stealth and shootouts together smoothly. Like, lemme try to use some scrapmetal shivs on some Raiders to save my precious ammo aw shit I'm spotted time to drop some suckas with a 10mm. Stuff like that.

Well, you CAN do that if you spec your build and kit-out correctly. Advanced stealth suit, appropriate perks, crouch, stealthboys, stealth crit damage...

I managed to kill whole groups of powder gangers, raiders, Legionaire assassin squads etc. like that.

edited July 2014
    Chinese Stealth Suit, High Agility, and a silenced weapon you can be hidden in the middle of a well lit room and still kill everyone without raising an alarm.

Only reason to do Lonesome Road is for the sweet jacket and the rocket launcher.

Buttcleft on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What I really want from the next Fallout game is being able to do the high end stealth stuff at 20 hours in instead of 40 if I commit every one of my levels and perks to stealth.

what I want from the next fallout game is to be made by anyone but Bethesda.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Derek Smart's Fallout 4.

chiasaur11 wrote: »

Derek Smart's Fallout 4.

WHY DID YOU SAY HIS NAME

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Derek Smart's Fallout 4.

WHY DID YOU SAY HIS NAME

I used to hang out on some of the same forums as him, back in my usenet days.

I'm still waiting for Grimoire...

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Derek Smart's Fallout 4.

Peter Molyneux's Fableout 4...

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think this is how I would categorize the four DLCs of New Vegas:

- Dead Money: best plot
    - Honest Hearts: best setting
    - Old World Blues: best characters/dialogue
    - Lonesome Road: best, um, well it kind of sucked

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular

American McGee's Fall Out UR

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular

Derek Smart's Fallout 4.

Peter Molyneux's Fableout 4...

Zynga's Falloutville

John Romero's Fallkatana

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Bad (Mole)Rats

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Richard Garriot's Shroud of the Courier

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Call of Duty Fallout

This discussion has been closed.