As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about that henshin. It's...alright. The theme is pretty great, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Even with the supposed translation issues, Blade was great. The first ten to fifteen episodes can be rough to get through but once the show finally gets going it's great.

• Options
  • Options
    MY WALLLEEEEETTTT

RIP in peace Battride War

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    The first episode of Drive was great.

So many car puns.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It was pretty enjoyable, reminded me of W a decent bit, he even did the little hand jiggle after transforming

A little surprised they threw in all those tire forms already

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Well the Tire Changes are meant to be more along the line of Fourze's regular Switches or Wizard's ability Rings and there's several more planned to show up soon. As for actual form-granting items, he's currently got two Type-change Shift Cars other then Speed lined up with a third showing up in the Gaim/Drive movie. Speaking of that, new toy catalog scans have a first glance at the new Shift Car and Lockseed that'll be showing up in the movie and the Arms/Type they'll grant. Mind you, this is overshadowed by the fact that the scans are more focused on the unexpected reveal of the show's 2nd Rider (hidden in black though) and his gear!
    FvzJgq6.jpg

According to translations, Drive's 2nd will be called Kamen Rider Mach and as you can tell, his Shift items aren't cars but motorcycles called Signal Bikes. Rather then tires showing up on him, his new abilities are telegraphed by road signs instead. Mach comes armed with the Zenrin Shooter and uses a bike called the Ride Macher.

stBRbm0.jpg

Where things get interesting is how Mach can work together with not just Drive but Mashin Chaser. The Macher can actually combine with MC's Ride Chaser (AKA Shinigami) to form the Ride Crosser. Considering how some fans were eying MC as the eventual 2nd Rider, this bit of news either confirms it or adds a new level of confusion to the matter.

GdJxqDv.jpg

What's even more nuts is that it looks as if Drive and Mach will share a Type! Fans who got their hands on the Drive Driver toy managed to crack out the sounds for a type called Dead Heat with a theory going that Dead Heat would be Drive's mid-season upgrade. But now it looks like if it is, it's one that'll be shared between him and Mach thanks to the unique Shift item that grants it, the Shift Dead Heat. If the translation's correct, it's basically a smaller version of Mach's primary Signal Bike that fits into a hollowed version of Shift Speed.

• Options
    I'm pretty stoked for the second rider. Give a bugman a scarf and I'm sold.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Inx wrote: »
    I'm pretty stoked for the second rider. Give a bugman a scarf and I'm sold.

I got excited until I saw some big circle thing stuck to his shoulder, looks pretty tacky

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I was wondering why the Drive Driver didn't include Midnight Shadow but it seems its packaged with Tridoron.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Holy shit, a Tokusatsu thread. Man, wish that I had found this while Gaim was airing. What an awesome show.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I watched a couple of episodes of Gaim and I can dig it. I wanna watch more just don't have the time. Over at NYCC I spotted a Strawberry lockseed and my impulsiveness took over and bought it. (Cause come on, Ninja powers seems pretty good)
    The vendor was telling me to buy a belt as well but at $130 seems kind of a hard bite.

Is there a way to make the lockseed say the other stuff without the belt or do I really need to shell out so much monies for the dang sengoku driver?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I believe the Driver says the other half of the stuff unfortunately.

The vendor might be overpricing the belt though.

Adellios on
  • Options
    Riokenn, you made the right choice. The Sengoku Driver can be gotten off of Amazon for 70, max. I think I paid 60 for mine.

The belt is super worth it though, if you're into the roleplay toy scene.

The only time I've paid over 100 for something like this was the CS Modification Lost Driver, and that was a Japan exclusive.

Incidentally, at NYCC, if you're looking for any of the Bandai Japan products (like KR Figs), the Bluefin Booth needs to be your first stop. It gets crowded, but they sell things for the ACTUAL price rather than con scalper prices - for example, they had a Megaman D-Arts for something like $35 USD - the SAME D-Arts was being sold at the Capcom booth LITERALLY ACROSS THE AISLE for $90.

Also I really want the Drive Driver because Mr Belt makes the best faces.

• Options
    Well I am not big into the RP scene but I thought it'd be something neat to have at conventions. Making beebly boops on the belt while I roam...Cause lemme tell you, unlocking and locking the lockseed over and over is a pretty good time waster. Like a stress ball that lights up and yells at you.
    I wonder if I can mod the belt and stick a leather belt instead of the plastic one..

And funny you mention the Drive Driver. Dude was selling that for $170.

• Options
    Anyways, catched up with the latest Drive. I like that Shinnouske is capable to make actual logical deductions, instead of having the plot entirely told to him (Kouta is based, but you know). It actually shows him as competent on his job.

And I loved when he called Mr. Belt on his shit. Second best moment, after:
    Mr. Belt: ...I ask you to help us to defeat the Roidmutes. There are 108 in total.

*Monster soul-number thing explodes*

Mr. Belt: ....Actually, make that 103.

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Well I am not big into the RP scene but I thought it'd be something neat to have at conventions. Making beebly boops on the belt while I roam...Cause lemme tell you, unlocking and locking the lockseed over and over is a pretty good time waster. Like a stress ball that lights up and yells at you.
    I wonder if I can mod the belt and stick a leather belt instead of the plastic one..

And funny you mention the Drive Driver. Dude was selling that for $170.

OF COURSE he was. Ugh.

And yeah people do belt mods a lot. You can probably google for it. But that's why I bought the CS modification Lost Driver - thats the major change, the belt size.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Had no idea.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Well I'm not sure what the forums' policies are when it comes to subbing so I don't mention where to find any in here as to err on the side of caution.

• Options
    I think OOO is still my fav

I've been meaning to check out Garo sometime

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    One thing that I see missing on this thread is "Where do people can get subbed episodes?".

For example, for Drive and ToQger, you can go to Over-Time:

*nope*

And Aesir (with a lot of Over-Time guys) were the ones subbing Gaim*:

*noooope*

Over-Time has also subbed the recent shows, since Kamen Rider Double. I liked OOO more, but I'm aware that I'm on a minority on that. On the Sentai side, Kyoryuger was awesome and people owe it to themselves to watch it.

*Haven't watched Gaim until you find yourself hating the shit out of Micchy IMO.

yeah actually you maaay want to remove those links. they're a legal grey area at best.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok, removed it. Had no idea, but can't edit quotes of my posts. Far too used that the only place to discuss this stuff is 4chan and fan forums.
    I think OOO is still my fav

I've been meaning to check out Garo sometime

OOO is pretty great. I can admit that is slow on the middle, but I always see it pushed down to the mighty Double (that had Akiko, which only character seems to be "whines and screams a lot"). The conflict between Eiji and Ankh was actually interesting to watch, and the combo songs are great.

EDIT: Ah, forgot. Kougami "Cakeboss" making most of the plot happen for the lulz. He's awesome.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    OOO is one of the best examples of how the plot flounders in this 52 episode shows. Great start, slows down in the middle...nothing happens to advance the plot, but there's lots of twists with no impact...then all of a sudden the last 4-6 episodes have to cram in all the plot they forgot about in the middle. So while I really like lots of parts of it, as a whole it's not a great season. The final two episodes are a back and forth of bests and worsts, which is very disorienting.
    The great climax moment of Eiji absorbing all the medals to do the final nuke attack!

Followed by the villain no-selling it for no real reason.

And then they just quickly move on to trying to wrap up another loose end and come up with another even more final attack.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I get that. But if an episode is amusing by itself, I don't think that is neccesary that said episode has to advance the plot. Filler episodes can be cool to play around with the characters and explore them. I liked the Medal chase, and even Gaim had to hurry to tie up loose threads at the end.
    All the time that we spent with Date made him passing the torch to Gotou more significant.

Also, the Megamax movie was a nice tie-up. Is an good movie, that looks better because the Nobunaga one and Super Hero Taisen were so bad. Specially Taisen.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    My favorite thing about OOO was that Date was only supposed to be in the show for a small handful of episodes - something like 5 or 6 I think - before passing the torch. However, the viewer response was so positive that they ended up keeping him around for the entirety of the rest of the run, even after passing the torch.

Incidentally, he's my favorite character in OOO, followed closely by Ankh.

But my favorite rider show is W. Loooove me some W.

• Options
    Date is so awesome that he was the only actor to actually voice his character in one of the Kamen Rider games. Like he probably volunteered to do it, since nobody, even the actors that were still under contract, showed up. It was even advertised as a selling point. Most of the actors showed up for the sequel, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtoOkxm6Gs

Both games are really good and easy to import! Not nearly as rough as the card game, which was still tons of fun.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I liked Ankh more, but Date is a very close second. I mean just look at him:

http://youtu.be/WeBzcqYisSQ

Ankh's best moment isn't with Eiji, unfortunately, is when:
    He manages to get disgusted at the Medal obsession of the Greeed.
    Ankh: Medals, medals, medals, is that everything you all think about?!

This is huge coming from a guy that spent most of the series being just as Medal obsessed. And it comes from observing the realtionship between the Greeed and Dr. Maki. They are his pets, that scrap the floor for Medals like dogs, while Ankh, despite his (many) differences with Eiji, is Eiji's equal.

Is the duality on it. You can't have Ankh without Eiji, you don't have Date without Gotou. Their eventual friendship is what drives the series.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    I think I'm going to have to sell off some of these SH Figuarts I have, boxed up and just taking up storage space. Anyone here possibly want first crack at them?
    I know I've got Joker, CJ Xtreme, G-3, the Ankh hand set, Kaixa, Faiz and a Riotrooper that were opened. Another Riotrooper and Crystal Skull are still new and boxed.

I've also got a handful of the Ryuki Figma lying around. Verde and Ryuga opened, Zolda without a box at all.

Feel free to send me a PM if there's something you're interested in. I figure they'll be in good hands with you guys. I'm not sure I want to get rid of any of the belts and such, but it's possible...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So, Drive 3 is up.

Personal stuff on spoiler:
    Have an uncle JUST LIKE Mr. Avant-Garde, minus the pretense of looking sophisticated. 4 marriages already, apparently aiming for the 5th ATM. Is as creepy as you think it is. Blegh.

That out. Nice episode, people give shit to the Special Investigations Unit, but all of them are useful except maybe the Chief, but someone has to at least try to put some order on the Unit. And Chase's gun makes some cool sounds, though it looks like a very boring toy unless it does something with the Roidmute cars.

Besides that, is a very nice setup of the mystery of Mr. Belt, the Global Freeze, and now Proto-Drive. We are back to two-parters apprently (aww), but they seem to flow better than, let's say, your average Fouze/Wizard* episode.

*Man, Wizard was so boring, couldn't get arsed to watch more than a dozen of episodes.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    A picture of a future Drive toy has popped up, showing off one of Drive's initial Types beyond Speed.
    qTvrTfk.jpg

This is apparently Type Wild. Remember that the Tridoron also changes looks with the aid of the Type-change Shift Cars, altering itself into an all-terrain buggy mode in the case of Wild.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    That's cool, it doesn't look like it's completely painted though so I'm curious if the color scheme will be different.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    From some early scans, is either green or purple, with Type Technique getting the other.

EDIT: Saw the scans wrong. Type Wild is black, and Type Technique is green. Which is weird, but w/e. The purple thing was Chase, and apparently he transforms/get special attacks based on the Roidmude cars that go on his gun-thing.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEluT2iGecI

Ah Decade. It was a complete fucking inconsistent mess (and the movies made LESS sense), but it was glorious.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Anyone wanna see the first few official pictures from Movie Wars: Full Throttle?
    bADbWBL.jpg

From earlier pictures taken by folks on set, we know the Zangetsu-Shin identity will be in play for the movie so it's interesting to see a Sengoku Driver around Takatora's waist. Could the Driver blueprints mentioned in the final episode allow for both the original DNA-locked and open versions to be recreated? And if he did get a new personal Driver, does this mean he has a Melon Lockseed in his hand? Also, interesting to see that Kouta using his regular Orange Arms. One thing that kinda bugged me about the ending is that giving Kouta the power he has now makes him using even Kiwami sorta pointless since he can probably do a literal handwave to knock enemies around. Could he be looking at a slight depowering in his portion of the movie to necessitate him using his Rider identity to fight properly? Remember that he'll be making use of a Drive-based Legend Lockseed, so there has to be good cause for him to do so much less use old Orange Arms. If he does, maybe it'll return some of the human passion I felt he was missing in the final episode.

Also, someone zoomed in and cleared up a little the scans of Drive's 2nd Rider as well as the transformation items for the movie and what Drive will look like after using his.
    z6ekx2Z.jpg
    yLZ4efd.jpgGualzo8.jpg

Finally, a couple of pictures have popped up for a pair of Riders tied to Drive; one folks watching the show know about already and another that may just be the antagonist for Full Throttle.
    BsYbryq.jpg2uStDLG.jpg

Hard to make out a lot of detail on him and the almost completely black suit doesn't help much either. Still, it looks like we'll see Proto-Drive in proper action and not just in zoomed in or shadow-obscured shots.

YEUjDfY.jpg

And here's our potential villain for the movie. No translation yet of the Japanese article describing him but running parts of it through Google Translate identifies him as Kamen Rider Lupin. Hopefully more info will come in to let us know his deal and if he's meant to be a human with his own Rider origin or a Roidmude who's gained enough power to adopt a Rider-ish identity to fight rather then using his own monster form.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Kamen Rider Lupin is too cool of an idea to be wasted on a movie villain, you could do an entire series of it.

• Options
    KR Lupin seems to have the same gun as Machine Chaser, just blinged out

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    The Toku-site Heroshock put up bigger shots of the new Rider along with a third proving that he's part of Full Throttle.
    JtD5UX2.jpg
    8GmPvod.jpgrzXFUV1.jpg

• Options
    Gaim started to get interesting at episode 11, as I am finally invested in the show and want to watch more and figure out the secrets it holds.

Finished up episode 15 and I have the sads now. :(

• Options
    Lupin looks ridiculous.

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Gaim started to get interesting at episode 11, as I am finally invested in the show and want to watch more and figure out the secrets it holds.

Finished up episode 15 and I have the sads now. :(

Yeah, fuck Sid. Also, keep going.

This discussion has been closed.