As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This is interesting, I didn't recognize it when I watched Kyuranger

I also don't remember it from Ghost, does anyone know when that happens?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So apparently hibiki's actor is a bit of an abusive scumbag, his agency let him go recently because of his constant harassment of his managers

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Welp, now I'm grabbing OCZ-Live's releases of OOOs

I hope you're all happy

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    I have so much OOO merchandise that it's probably my favorite KR series.

Also the bike's gimmick amuses me greatly.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Adellios wrote: »
    I have so much OOO merchandise that it's probably my favorite KR series.

Also the bike's gimmick amuses me greatly.

About the Ride-Vendor:
    I really wish there were more Candroids that interacted with it like the Tora Candroid did. Would have been fun to see the bike gain a flight mode with Kujaku or becoming a jetski of sorts with Tako.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I probably like W more than OOO, but I have more OOO stuff. I really liked the medals. Also have all of the action figures where you can swap the head/torso/legs around to make the different combos.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    This is interesting, I didn't recognize it when I watched Kyuranger

I also don't remember it from Ghost, does anyone know when that happens?

http://fruitridernews.tumblr.com/post/148608383024/the-latest-trailer-for-ghosts-summer-movie-once

nothing big, it basically just looks like they used some plant props to break up the sand background so there was some color

• Options
    It looks like some pieces are finally gonna be pieced together in next week's Ex-Aid if this preview picture's any indication.
    jPM8mw0.jpg

Guess we can rule him out as Genm Corp's mysterious new president too.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/5Smh9qwD4s8
    Kamen Sentai Go-Riders is a 3 part tie in series connected to SHT 2017

Kamen Rider Baron, Marika, Another Agito, Lazer, and Blade will all appear in the series portrayed by the original actors

• Options

Kamen Rider Baron, Marika, Another Agito, Lazer, and Blade will all appear in the series portrayed by the original actors

Old Rider-series spoilers:
    So why's Blade part of the group? He's Undead, not dead-ish like them.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Old Rider-series spoilers:
    So why's Blade part of the group? He's Undead, not dead-ish like them.

blade spoilers
    He went missing and they're implying his fate was somewhat ambiguous in the interim

• Options
    Thoughts about this week's Ex-Aid:
    So, there's an actual reason why Kuroto went with X rather then 10 for Dangerous Zombie. Does this mean he plans to use the Gashat to hold KR-Chronicle's data? And what does this mean when it comes to Mighty Brothers since it's also a Level X Gashat?

Shame Taiga didn't get Bang Bang Shooting back yet but at least he has both the GGD-Beta and Drago Knight Hunter Z to fall back on for now until he does. Nice too how his use of a Proto-Gashat years ago helped him shrug off the GGD-Beta's negative effects on him a LOT quicker then Hiiro's first go. Of course, this could simply mean that the cost won't catch up to him until later.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Been watching Go-Busters. Up to episode 14.
    Man, the reviews I read weren't kidding when they said it was frontloaded with filler eps. After ep 3 or so, you can safely skip to ep 13 and miss almost nothing substantial. Still, I'm enjoying it. The only other Toku show I've watched is Shinkenger (3 years ago I think), so this is an interesting change of format and treatment of the Super Sentai mold.

Planning on watching SPD when I can. I swear I saw that Shout Factory has it on their release schedule, but I can't pull up their site now. I feel like I should watch Gokaiger and Kamen Rider Gaim, but that's a lot of tv! A friend bought Shout Factory's Zyuranger set, so I'm definitely going to watch some of that. The Burai/Geki fight (on YouTube!) is still so good, I want to see what the actual show is like.

• Options

korea is getting its own follow-up to kyoryuger because it did really well over there

• Options
    huh, I didn't really expect it to be bad

• Options
    that's just their take on the kyoryu ed

• Options
    I understood what it was

• Options
    the sound seemed super off to me, i'm gonna hold off final judgement for the actual thing

• Options
    the sound seemed super off to me, i'm gonna hold off final judgement for the actual thing

yeah, that was what I meant

like, even discounting that it was really modulated, the singer seemed... not into it at all and it wasn't very peppy

not at all what I'd expect from a K-Pop take on the Kyoryuger theme

• Options
    It's not clear but a photo taken at an episode-taping of Ex-Aid seems to have captured something new.
    nrUGbMB.jpg

It's not clear and they'll probably get helmets later but this just might be what people stuck in Kamen Rider Chronicle's world will look like. A rumor has them called Ride-Players.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Sorry for the double-post but I figured some of you might like to see the trailer for Kamen Rider Amazons' second season.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    AAaaaaah new belts

Aaaaaaaaah female rider who looks cool

• Options
    I swapped the video with an HD version and boxed it due to a different screencap picture. I also found a couple of pictures that show off the new stuff as well as some info that I'll also be boxing. You can find more at Tokusatsu Network's article on the new season.
    iEbZ2jZ.jpg

Blue's a new Amazon Rider named Chihiro AKA Kamen Rider Amazon Neo, a boy raised by Amazons. According to a fan-translation of the original press release, that's possible as S2 starts five years after S1's ending.

CneuF50.jpg

Here's a better look at the new belt. No clue if Alpha will get one yet.

Fun fact: S2's theme is called 'DIE SET DOWN'.

• Options
    Wow this amazons trailer is great!!!

https://youtu.be/LX0g5MpSAv4

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Can't wait

Neo looks rad

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I just caught this week's Ex-Aid and yeah, wow. Kuroto is amazing in it

also the movie just looks real good, I'm sad again that it won't be out for like, a year+

• Options
    wait, hold on

kyuuranger stinger
    was that Zangetsu from Gaim?

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    wait, hold on

kyuuranger stinger
    was that Zangetsu from Gaim?

It is yes

• Options
    Watched the first ep of Go-Busters last night. Early thoughts:

I was surprised that the title was plural, don't think I've seen that before. I had just been calling it Go-Buster

These guys are probably tied with Ninninger for best team suits in all of Sentai (with Kyu, Hurricane, and Shinken as runners up and Dragonranger, AbareKiller, ZyuohWhale as best individual suits)

Don't like the Red (Hiromo?). I do like the other two. I like Nick and the gorilla Buddyroid's look. Rabbit2-D2 has an interesting personality, but I'm not sold on the suit.

I like how they transform gradually without a morphing sequence cutscene, like Kamen Riders do

I LOVE how they handle the giant monster stuff. Great twist on the formula that lets both ground and mecha battles happen simultaneously and lets both versions of the monster be related still

Did not expect Red's mecha to have three forms, very cool

• Options
    Oh god, I feel like the argument for the ages in a toku thread is "which suits are the best", though I agree that ZyuohWhale is amazing.

And yeah, huh. I never really thought about Go-Busters being plural. I mean, I knew it in my head (because I listen to Busters, Ready, Go on fucking loop sometimes, that OP is great), but I had never thought about it. It's the only plural title, that's crazy.

Go-Busters was gonna be my next show to watch (because it's the only sentai since Gokaiger that I haven't seen), but y'all made me get OOOs instead. I look forward to hearing about it.

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Legend Heroes is still very good.

• Options

It is! Though it's bugging me that they really have it out for their female characters all of a sudden

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Jimothy wrote: »

It is! Though it's bugging me that they really have it out for their female characters all of a sudden

It wouldn't be a proper toku show without that

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thoughts about this week's Ex-Aid:
    -Man, Kuroto Dan has to be one of the pettiest Kamen Rider villains of all time. I mean, to target a kid with a life-threatening virus just because the kid sent him a fan-letter with decent concepts for a game or two takes some real salt.

-Man, I'm so glad to see Hiiro and Taiga as they are now. They're acting soooo much better then their jackass-selves in the early episodes. I love too how them plus Kiriya contribute to the creation of Ex-Aid's super-mode or at least it's base form.

-The butting of heads between the Doctor Riders and the Ministry 'goons' was a bit weird. I can't help but think that there may be some second party within the Ministry or perhaps even a rival organization working their own angle seeing as I doubt the Ministry's head, Kyotaro Hinata, would let them act like this. Not to mention he's fully aware of Kuroto being Genm so it'd be weird for these agents to act like they don't know for sure what he's done.

EDIT: Poppy's actress posted what seems to be an on-set picture on her Instagram account.
    G1L4h7R.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Tsubaraya filed a patent for Ultraman Zeed

• Options
    Anyone wanna see the label for one of the upcoming new Gashats in Ex-Aid?
    yVCRKBc.jpg

Also, I haven't seen today's Ex-Aid yet but if screen-grabs that have popped up are correct...
    ...unless he planted some sort of failsafe, Kuroto's gonna have a hard time becoming Kamen Rider Chronos. After getting his ass handed to him apparently twice by the Doctor Riders, Pallad pops up next to his beat self and sucker-punches him in the gut, swiping both Dangerous Zombie and the Bugvisor off of him. Then Pallad apparently undoes whatever DZ did that kept Kuroto from dying back in episode 11 from Ex-Aid's Shikikari Critical Strike, leaving him to derezz into purple nothing in front of the other Riders.

• Options
    Latest Kyuranger
    The MOTW is probably the most unique toku monster suit I've ever seen? I really liked it. Liked the blue and white guy Stinger fought too.

I liked the Pegasus armor, though I think it would've been better as part of a sixth ranger's suit than as a temporary powerup

I really liked the artwork for Xou's adventures. Would read that comic.

The plot was bugging me the whole episode: an episode all about how the red should be the leader rather than the girl hero? I was at least glad it wasn't assumed and that the ultimate resolution was that they don't need a leader. But it's still totally gonna be all about Lucky-- I like him, but I was interested as soon as Hammy said she wanted to be the leader

And while I kinda get narrowing down the nine to a team of five for each mission, and I don't mind it, I wish it wasn't so transparent as a roulette. Have the others have some B-plot and so it just happens that only five are available for the main mission each ep. Or give them a shared, limited power source, so they need to be tactical about who they send out to morph. Or fully split them into two teams. Something.

• Options
    First 2017 Rider rumor
    I LOVE the idea of a sushi rider, reminds me of Gaim's fruit theme. Also looks better than anything in Ex-Aid

This discussion has been closed.