As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - Rebirth

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited May 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Rebirth

Rebirth
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/rebirth

Hole in the World

Anonymous

Sometime in 2011 I was lucky enough to receive an invite to a closed beta of a major MMO.  Now, I’m no tester, I’m just an IT guy with a love of games.  That said I felt it my job to report any major bugs I found along the way, not because I thought real testers hadn’t found it but more out of respect for being allowed in a closed beta.  After all if I’m going to be granted access to free stuff I might as well be helpful.

While there I found a number of bugs that have since been fixed, the biggest one hasn’t, you see, it’s probably still there.

A group of us were testing out one of the very first dungeons new player will experience.  Just after a fairly easy but fun boss fight there is a ramp that goes down to the next area.  Being flushed with victory my companions launched themselves in jump attacks at the enemy rushing toward us up the ramp- and promptly disappeared.  Luckily the two of us who did not “jump” were able to dispatch our foes, but the others had managed to fly through the ramp and down out of the world.  Naturally we reported the issue while they tried getting unstuck, climbing walls and anything else they could think of to get out.  They hadn’t died so simply “releasing” wouldn’t work. Eventually they had to use the emergency “teleport” button that took them to a pre-determined spawn point away from the dungeon.  They then made the long trek to and through the dungeon back to us.  I know we weren’t the only ones this happened to either.  Lots of random people I grouped with knew about this bug too and warning about it became common place throughout beta.

Fast forward 6-9 months.  I am once again going through the dungeon this time in a fully patched and live version.  I “jump” at my on coming foes and promptly fly through the world, before splattering unceremoniously at the bottom of the game world, shocked that such an obvious problem hadn’t been resolved after so long.

I haven’t tried again recently but to my knowledge you can still find this problem.  The “fix” that seems to be applied is that you now die at the bottom.

Geth on

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok, this one made me laugh :p I think Trenches is finally getting back on track

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Urban AchieverUrban Achiever Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ok, this one made me laugh :p I think Trenches is finally getting back on track

I'm hopeful, too. Plus I went back and re-read seasons 1 & 2 and was surprised by how much I enjoyed them. Being able to breeze through an entire season arc at once as opposed to disjointed over several months really helped the narrative. I'm hoping I find that to be true for season 4 as well.