As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OnPeak [hotels] are live, and other hotel discussion

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Has anybody had luck editing their reservation? When registering my hotel I was doing it quick, and didn't fill in things like my roommate's information/rewards numbers and whatnot. Onpeak used to allow you to edit this stuff but it doesn't seem like you can online anymore.

I assume I can with a phone call, but... effort.

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    I was able to do it when booking the hotel... Haven't tried just adding it though. I would just ring them up and mention it.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    birdmadgirlbirdmadgirl Registered User new member
    Has anybody had luck editing their reservation? When registering my hotel I was doing it quick, and didn't fill in things like my roommate's information/rewards numbers and whatnot. Onpeak used to allow you to edit this stuff but it doesn't seem like you can online anymore.

I assume I can with a phone call, but... effort.

They're actually super helpful over the phone. In my rush to snag a room I only made our reservation till Monday, then realized I needed till Tuesday (for better flights, and to enjoy the last day of PAX completely). All I had to do was give them my Onpeak ID and explain my situation. Although I couldn't extend the room we were staying in, she was able to get me a bigger room for that extra night, and immediately sent my reservation for that room to my email with the new total for both rooms. Took a total of 5 minutes, if that.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, OnPeak reps are very good over the phone, although they can't work miracles :)

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Quick question for anybody that might have gone to the Sheraton in previous years. I will be renting a car to do some things outside of downtown and swinging by the hotel to just check in and drop my bags off before returning the car. I know there is the valet parking, and I've used google maps streetview to scope out the hotel itself, but I really don't want to end up paying 50 bucks just to drop off my bags.

Will they let the car stay out front while we run in, check in, drop the bags off in the room and then leave?

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    That shouldn't be a problem, as long as you're reasonably quick about it.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Cennedi wrote: »
    Quick question for anybody that might have gone to the Sheraton in previous years. I will be renting a car to do some things outside of downtown and swinging by the hotel to just check in and drop my bags off before returning the car. I know there is the valet parking, and I've used google maps streetview to scope out the hotel itself, but I really don't want to end up paying 50 bucks just to drop off my bags.

Will they let the car stay out front while we run in, check in, drop the bags off in the room and then leave?

Something to consider is that if you are going in on Thursday that there will be A LOT of traffic because that is when everyone will be checking in. I would recommend just taking a train down to the area with the bags you have.

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    pogoplay wrote: »

Something to consider is that if you are going in on Thursday that there will be A LOT of traffic because that is when everyone will be checking in. I would recommend just taking a train down to the area with the bags you have.

I would normally, and indeed plan on taking the train back that night after I drop off the car, but I land at 1:20 pm on Wednesday before PAX and have signed up for the Valve Tour at 3:30 pm the same day. I've rented the car so I don't have to take cabs or other public transport from the Airport to the Hotel just to drop off bags before proceeding to wherever the tour starts. With a car I can just toss the bags in the back after I grab the keys at the Fastbreak counter at Budget. My buddy and I are planning to run like we're being chased all the way to the car.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    About parking at the Sheraton, the website says it's a per day fee. Does that mean I can take the car out for an hour or two during the day without needing to pay another $46 to put it back for the rest of the day? Or do they charge you the fee each time you park?

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    About parking at the Sheraton, the website says it's a per day fee. Does that mean I can take the car out for an hour or two during the day without needing to pay another $46 to put it back for the rest of the day? Or do they charge you the fee each time you park?

I'm pretty sure it is you have to pay 46 dollars for every night it stays in the garage.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    Let go Mon 25th, Tues 26th, Mon 1st and Tues 2nd at the Crowne Plaza this morning, still appears to be available.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I just canceled a single-bed reservation at the Fairmont. Wed-Tues.

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

How is it? I see your reservation is still up, it looks quite fancy (and is close to a really good bakery if I remember correctly from wandering around last year).

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    LairdLaird Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    For anyone who had a reservation for the Red Lion, emails have gone out for new reservation/confirmations at the "Motif" at the same rate/room/dates booked originally for the Red Lion.

The email had the following to say "You don't need to do anything else." AKA chillax.:)

Laird on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »

How is it? I see your reservation is still up, it looks quite fancy (and is close to a really good bakery if I remember correctly from wandering around last year).

I have no idea, but for that price I was going to be disappointed if it wasn't fancy. I just grabbed a reservation at the closest hotel since I couldn't get my choice of the Sheraton.

• Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Dang Sheraton 2 bedded rooms have days on the Weds, Sun & Mon lol that is tormenting seeing that :smiley:

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    AzimuthAzimuth Registered User regular
    Canceling a Thursday to Tuesday 2 bed room at the Red Lion.

• Options
    Dang Sheraton 2 bedded rooms have days on the Weds, Sun & Mon lol that is tormenting seeing that :smiley:

Damn. That would have been nice if I had gotten to pick those up. I saw Sheraton on livingsocial "as low as 165". It turned out to be a trap though. They were like at least 260 anywhere near PAX, and unavailable for PAX itself.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options

Damn. That would have been nice if I had gotten to pick those up. I saw Sheraton on livingsocial "as low as 165". It turned out to be a trap though. They were like at least 260 anywhere near PAX, and unavailable for PAX itself.

Got a couple friends going to PAX Dev who managed to pick up the sheraton at $165/night actually... but they had to use those fancy starwood (Haha, wood) points to get that rate.

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options

Got a couple friends going to PAX Dev who managed to pick up the sheraton at $165/night actually... but they had to use those fancy starwood (Haha, wood) points to get that rate.

Yeah, it would have been nice, but I just don't travel that much to earn those kinds of points. I might travel once a year really

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »

I have no idea, but for that price I was going to be disappointed if it wasn't fancy. I just grabbed a reservation at the closest hotel since I couldn't get my choice of the Sheraton.

Both of the Hyatts in the area (Grand and Olive) are within a block too, but those are all long gone as well (I got one of the last Olive ones, maybe an hour after it went live).

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Looks like they added Red Lion Bellevue for $159 a night, plenty of rooms. What you need to do there to get to PAX is walk like 4 blocks to the bus transfer center, and take the 550 Express, which goes straight to the bus tunnels which ends at the convention center/Paramount. Bus takes around 20 minutes to a half hour. The limitation is, if you want to do stuff late (after midnight), you basically have just one bus to take to return, the 280 at 2:12am.

• Options
    ahwingahwing Registered User new member
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys! I just got lucky and booked a 2 bed room at the Sheraton...but only got sat - Mon and missing a Friday...wondering if anyone might be looking to drop a 2 bed room for the friday? Haha Would be so perfect if could or a heads up.
    -
    -Just let go of a Fri - Mon 2 Bed Room at the W Seattle

ahwing on
  • Options
    The Sheraton is opening up for single beds... If they open up the 2 beds, I am going to try sniping it. @ahwing I would keep an eye on it for the next hour.

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    traurigaugentraurigaugen Registered User new member
    Azimuth wrote: »
    Canceling a Thursday to Tuesday 2 bed room at the Red Lion.

So wait do you mean Motif?

• Options
    traurigaugentraurigaugen Registered User new member
    Need 2 bed room @ Red Lion on 5th (Motif) for fri-sun I already have all the other days. If you want a 1 bed room lets trade! email me first (my username) @gmail.com

• Options
    louciefurlouciefur Registered User regular
    This will be my first PAX Prime and I'm staying at Homewood Suites. Does anyone know when I should expect a guarantee charge or do the hotels just charge when I arrive?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Unless things changed from last year, on arrival.

• Options
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Unless things changed from last year, on arrival.
    I think it varies by hotel.. Might be safe to call the hotel in advance and speak to them regarding the policies.

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    I was in the Homewood last year. Didn't get charged until checkout.

• Options
    thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    I'm letting go of Wednesday the 27th in a single room at Sheraton just in case anyone needs it.

• Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    Any other forum-goers staying at the green tortoise? It would be neat to connect with fellow paxers since I'm flying solo for a change :)

Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    i will be letting go of a room at springhill suites thur-mon.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Westin Double bed just opened up... Currently the hotel I'm at. Highly recommend it.

i0w9qw1cluon.jpg

pogoplay on
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    Westin Double bed just opened up... Currently the hotel I'm at. Highly recommend it.

So the Westin is pretty good then? Like most people I gunned for a 2-bed at the Sheraton when reservations went live, but they sold out so I got a 2-bed at the Westin. For the price and distance from the convention center, it seemed like the next best option.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Hotel Max is now available - I switched because I saw Homewood Suites was available for my days, and I prefer that place (I used to live in that building, though up the hill)

• Options

So the Westin is pretty good then? Like most people I gunned for a 2-bed at the Sheraton when reservations went live, but they sold out so I got a 2-bed at the Westin. For the price and distance from the convention center, it seemed like the next best option.

I enjoyed it... I find its near more restaraunts and the short walk isn't bad... There is a starbucks on the way to the conference center so that's a bonus :P

As for the hotel itself, I had great service the last time I was there and the rooms were very comfy and nice.

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular

I enjoyed it... I find its near more restaraunts and the short walk isn't bad... There is a starbucks on the way to the conference center so that's a bonus :P

As for the hotel itself, I had great service the last time I was there and the rooms were very comfy and nice.

Yea love the Westin. Great price in comparison and the walk to either Pikes place for breakfast or the convention center is less than 10 minutes. We did Homewood the first year and Westin the second year. Going back to the Westin again this year if that says anything. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Booked down in Pioneer Square since no rooms were available through OnPeak when I checked - used hotels.com, with free cancellation. Welllllll, I checked OP again just for fun, and the Grand Hyatt had openings! SCORE! Now booked there, and officially the closest I've ever stayed. Very excited.

• Options
    mljonirmljonir Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    skylatron wrote: »
    Booked down in Pioneer Square since no rooms were available through OnPeak when I checked - used hotels.com, with free cancellation. Welllllll, I checked OP again just for fun, and the Grand Hyatt had openings! SCORE! Now booked there, and officially the closest I've ever stayed. Very excited.

I loooooove the Grand Hyatt. There are some panels that happen in the lobby there which is awesome. :)