As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX - GO, QUETHAL, GO!!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    NOW ON SALE

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    direct link to ticket queue if you're having problems with the paxsite like I am

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm in south ticket queue already have hotel and plane ticket woohoo

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    PS I got my hotel for 30 cheaper through my rewards program but it was before pax hotels went live I better not get screwed

Got two 3 day passes! Man queue worked brilliantly

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Got weekend badges for myself and @Sier‌

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Got two 3 day passes! Man queue worked brilliantly

Probably because there weren't 50,000 people trying to slam it all at the same time.

BLM - ACAB
    Actually looks like the Fairfield is cheaper and closer so I reserved it

edited July 2014
    I have a couch available if anyone needs to crash on it.

Edit: That might not be able to get/afford a hotel.

We also have a cat.

Yukira on
    Fyi the Alamo center Fairfield is 109 per night and it's a ten minute walk from the convention center according to Google.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Kinda wanna crash on Yukira's couch.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    You'll be our cat's new best friend.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Snagged a 3 day pass. I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to go, but that would be an awfully good time to get out of Utah for a little while.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    @Fearghaill can you update the thread title?

edited July 2014
    It's really shocking how different the demand is. Seattle sold out in like 8 minutes, right? But here we are, 40ish minutes in, and I only sat in the ticket queue for like 10 seconds. Are the shows really that different? Or are people just unsure about Texas because it's new?

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    It's really shocking how different the demand is. Seattle sold out in like 8 minutes, right? But here we are, 40ish minutes in, and I only sat in the ticket queue for like 10 seconds. Are the shows really that different? Or are people just unsure about Texas because it's new?

Give it a few years and it will sell out in a day or less just like the other PAXs. Its simply because its the first year that its not selling out instantly, not everybody who would be interested in attending knows about it (given by twitter responses).

Naphtali wrote: »
    @Fearghaill can you update the thread title?

I was thinking of a new thread since this is prime but I'm at work.

Naphtali wrote: »

Give it a few years and it will sell out in a day or less just like the other PAXs. Its simply because its the first year that its not selling out instantly, not everybody who would be interested in attending knows about it (given by twitter responses).

That kind of blows my mind, that there's this rampaging horde trying to get into Prime, and so few of them thought to look and see if there were other shows.

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    South tickets are a breeze compared to Prime. I got in 45 minutes late and still got a weekend pass.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Yeah I found out an hour after they went live, and got right in to buy a weekend pass.

Now in the coming months I need airfare and a place to stay.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Huh. It's not any cheaper to fly to San Antonio than Seattle. This country is too big.

I don't think San Antonio is likely any kind of hub, so that would cause prices to be higher, probably.

BLM - ACAB
    I got a flight from JFK to San Antonio for $322 round trip with Delta. Seattle was something like $500 I think.

3 days are SOLD OUT.

1 day badges still listed as high availability.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Guys

I am going to PAX South

I have a Friday and Saturday pass

Can't reserve any hotels until I get paid next week but

I AM GOING TO BE AT A PAX

FUCK I knew I forgot to text someone. I am the worst.

Glad you're gonna be there dude!

Guys

I am going to PAX South

I have a Friday and Saturday pass

Can't reserve any hotels until I get paid next week but

I AM GOING TO BE AT A PAX

They don't charge your card right away for the hotel, and if they do its usually only like ~$200, but I never saw them charge that the day I put my order in.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    FUCK I knew I forgot to text someone. I am the worst.

Glad you're gonna be there dude!

Nah dude you are pretty much the opposite of the worst

I have been keeping a pretty keen eye on the forums this year since missing PAX Prime tickets because I've been trying to go since, like, 2010 or something crazy like that

I'm glad you're going to be there too!

Awesome!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh my god guys Ghostbusters is getting a theatrical re-release for Labor Day weekend only
    can we organize a PAX Ghostbusters viewing event

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Sooooo. . . the Thursday before PAX is also the night of the last Seahawks preseason game. I will be chatting with the boss man today, but at the very worst we might have to push back the start time of the car-bomb party.

It might also not be a big deal at all but who the fuck knows Hawks fans are crazy.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Goose! wrote: »
    I got a flight from JFK to San Antonio for $322 round trip with Delta. Seattle was something like $500 I think.

it's two to three hundred dollars cheaper for me to fly from here to san antonio than it is to fly from here to seattle

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    tonkka you tell those Hawks fans that no army in the world can stand between me and your tacos and mac and cheese. tell them the story of the Black Colossus, and show how Thugra Khotan fared when he opposed Conan.

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »
    tonkka you tell those Hawks fans that no army in the world can stand between me and your tacos and mac and cheese. tell them the story of the Black Colossus, and show how Thugra Khotan fared when he opposed Conan.

With them winning the Super Bowl last year, the fans are gonna be even crazier this year, so I dunno man.

BLM - ACAB
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

With them winning the Super Bowl last year, the fans are gonna be even crazier this year, so I dunno man.

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

ikbUJdU.jpg
    The Geek wrote: »

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

Gonna jam your finger in someone's empty nose socket?

BLM - ACAB
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So much to my surprise, I should be able to make it out for PAX!

If anybody's still looking for people to split a room with, a heads-up would be much appreciated.

Also, I AM VERY EXCITED, AAAAAAAAAAAA-

[IMG][/img]
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm afraid I definitely won't make it out to Seattle, but I'm pretty sure I can do the inaugural PAX South. The problem is I have to start saving for a trip to Australia late next year and that's going to be a pretty penny.

Going to PAX Aus?

BLM - ACAB