As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Prime 2014 Challenge Coin - Orders closed. Sign up to be notified for next year.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I managed to get an order in about 20 minutes ago and didn't see any of the same hiccups as before, so I don't know if that's because the site is fixed or because I ordered really early in the morning.

I was able to place an order as well.

Tomorrow is the last day to order, so let me know if anyone else has any trouble.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Today is the last day to order your coins & have them in time for PAX (barring any unforeseen shipping conditions, but that would never happen right?).
    We are sitting just under 200 total coins right now.

Those that miss this deadline will still be able to order coins, but they will probably arrive after PAX.

Here is the order link for those that don't want to go to the previous page.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Coined Ordered! Yea!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    totally managed to forget to do this yesterday.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    totally managed to forget to do this yesterday.

Knew there would be someone.
    I would assume that if people put an order in this morning it still might make the first batch and arrive for PAX, but no guarantees.

The order site will remain open until just after PAX for the second batch.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    So does the original shipping date of August 8th still apply? I had mine shipped to the hotel in Seattle since I wasn't sure.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So does the original shipping date of August 8th still apply? I had mine shipped to the hotel in Seattle since I wasn't sure.

The dates in the OP are guidelines I am trying to hit, but I do not know the exact date when PCC will start shipping them out.
    I will make sure to post here when they update me.

Make sure to let the Hotel know a package is coming for you and when you will be there in case it arrives a little early.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    I managed to order mine! So excited I can't wait!

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    When it says available on backorder, does that mean I can order one and still be good?

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    When it says available on backorder, does that mean I can order one and still be good?
    It said that when I pre-ordered before the deadline for the first batch, so I'd assume that backorder just means pre-order in this case. I think SkeleVader said before that sales will end around PAX, and the order page will be taken down around that time.

OysterPrime on
    PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options

Yes you can still order, it just won't get to you in time for PAX as that deadline has passed.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    When should they arrive if you ordered before the window closed for PAX delivery?

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Cennedi wrote: »
    When should they arrive if you ordered before the window closed for PAX delivery?

This made me facepalm ... it's literally on this page, but here it is again:
    SkeleVader wrote: »

The dates in the OP are guidelines I am trying to hit, but I do not know the exact date when PCC will start shipping them out.
    I will make sure to post here when they update me.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    -

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    Quick update or you all,
    The first order was placed last week and PCC estimates coins should start shipping by the end of next week.

Also, as a reminder, the order page will stay open until the last day of PAX for anyone that missed the first order.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I just put in my order. I didn't see this thread soon enough, but I'll be happy to get mine whenever.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    @SkeleVader Just checking if we have had any updates on these getting shipped out yet? Thanks.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I have not heard from Eric at PCC yet. His estimate was that they would ship about the end of this week. So if I don't hear from him by Friday I will contact him.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Thanks. I just noticed there it no way to go onto their website to see if orders have shipped so I was curious. Also for some reason I read your last post as "Sometime this week" not "Sometime next week"

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    I3izzy wrote: »
    Thanks. I just noticed there it no way to go onto their website to see if orders have shipped so I was curious. Also for some reason I read your last post as "Sometime this week" not "Sometime next week"

There is a 'my account' section. Check your email with your receipt or order. I think there was a link in there.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    Well I will be damned there is. I didn't see a link on the home page, just a link to my cart and it took me no where. Thanks.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    arconicarconic Registered User regular
    so any word on the coins? also i just noticed i ordered my coins on the 20th of july and the email says they're backordered is that normal?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    arconic wrote: »
    so any word on the coins? also i just noticed i ordered my coins on the 20th of july and the email says they're backordered is that normal?
    It said that when I pre-ordered before the deadline for the first batch, so I'd assume that backorder just means pre-order in this case. I think SkeleVader said before that sales will end around PAX, and the order page will be taken down around that time.

It always stated backorder. The deadline in the OP is what you should be looking it. Since you ordered July 20th, you're fine.

SkeleVader is active, so I expect him/her to keep us updated so I wouldn't stress, especially since he said he'd contact Eric if he didn't get an update by yesterday.

My guess is that Phoenix Challenger Coins will send by Thursday so that it gets to us in time for PAX Dev, for those of us also going to that.

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    No news yet.
    I talked with Eric at the end of last week and he said he expected them in a few days.
    E-mailed him this morning, but have not heard back yet.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    No news yet.
    I talked with Eric at the end of last week and he said he expected them in a few days.
    E-mailed him this morning, but have not heard back yet.

Thanks for checking, we appreciate it.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    itsshortstuffitsshortstuff CARegistered User regular
    So we will actually be moving at the end of this week. Is there a way to change shipping addresses?

• Options
    So we will actually be moving at the end of this week. Is there a way to change shipping addresses?

Use the link in your purchase email.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    Good news.
    All coins have been packaged & Eric is printing the shipping labels right now. Should be in the mail very soon.

His son had a medical emergency and was admitted to the hospital, so he was dealing with that the past few days.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    If you talk to him again, tell him a random Paxer said he hopes everything turns out okay. My 2 year old son got pneumonia this weekend so I sympathise with any child sickness.

• Options
    Pass on our gratitude and well wishes! Hope his son is improving.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    BouwsT wrote: »
    Pass on our gratitude and well wishes! Hope his son is improving.

For sure pass along that we are thinking about them. He is always so awesome each year to work with.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Awesome! Glad to know it will be here soon. I leave for Seattle on Tuesday so I might not see it until I get back.

And yes, please pass along my well wishes to Eric and his son for a quick recovery!

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    Just got my order confirmation, I would presume that means the shipping has begun. =)

• Options
    BouwsT wrote: »
    Just got my order confirmation, I would presume that means the shipping has begun. =)

Yes, just got the E-mail from Eric, all the orders that were placed by the cut off date are in the mail. They will be coming USPS.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    got my coins today in the mail, thanks SkeleVader for all your hard work!

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Got my coin as well

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Mine just showed up :) Thanks @SkeleVader‌ for putting it all together!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Got my coins, they look fantastic! Thanks SkeleVader!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Got my coins and they look amazing! Thanks so much for all your work, SkeleVader!

I do have one (probably dumb) question, though: anyone have any tips for prying them out of these plastic cases? I feel like a dope, but I absolutely cannot get these things open.

Edit: Okay, I went to work with some pliers and a hair clip and got them out of there. The hair clip will never be the same, however…

soozerella on
    PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    Mine, as well as the international orders, have arrived as well.

It always amazes me how much better they look in person for the first time.

X1YQocIl.jpg

8GFpyBpl.jpg

I am very happy with how these turned out. Especially with starting later than normal.
    After the bad luck last year, I am very happy to see them getting to people with plenty of time before PAX.

Thanks to everyone who contributed this year.

IhtGIyi.png