As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great Foodening - PAX Food Destinations 2014

124»

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    If you're 21+ then I'd recommend the Burgundian in Green Lake. Badace burgers and chicken with waffles. Yum all around,

Burgundianbar.com

Take a look at my pins
  • bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Best brunch iv ever had was at Arabica lounge and its in walking distance from pax

bubblegirl22 on
  • JesusInHDJesusInHD Registered User regular
    Just had Peroshki on 3rd and it was amazing. My first peroshki experience!

• MagmarosMagmaros Registered User regular
    Where would you guys say is the best cheap place for breakfast in the morning?

• AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    So I highly highly recommend Kushibar. My hubby and I just ate there and without a doubt I will be going back!

• cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Magmaros wrote: »
    Where would you guys say is the best cheap place for breakfast in the morning?

What are you looking for? There's cheap(ish) diner food at The Hurricane or the 5 Point, but it's not going to be the best thing you ever ate.

For a French classic style, I might head to Le Pichet for their Œufs plats, for $8, and add some coffee or their Pain et beurre.

If you see yourself going up to Capitol Hill, Wandering Goose is small, but has some good breakfast sandwiches / biscuit sandwiches.

There's Serious Biscuit down on Westlake, too, if you're looking for takeaway / carryout.

For an Asian-inspired but not Dim Sum breakfast, Ba Bar on 12th has some interesting options; "upscale" congee and pho for $9. I know you can get cheaper pho around town, but Ba Bar uses slightly better ingredients than your typical pho joint.

I might be a little crazy, but I could also eat a BBQ pork bao from Mee Sum Pastry in Pike Place market early in the morning. I think those come in around $3. Or for that matter, I could pick up something from Piroshky, Pirosky. Their sweet items are good, but an early morning Cheddar and Garlic Roll (if you don't mind smelling of garlic for a while after) or the Beef and Garlic or Smoked Salmon Pate options would be great.

Oh man, now I'm thinking about what I should have for breakfast before heading down there. I might have to splurge a little and get the (not cheap) Lola Breakfast + Made to order doughnuts at Lola.

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • MagmarosMagmaros Registered User regular
    More the standard bacon and eggs sort of thing

• cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Magmaros wrote: »
    More the standard bacon and eggs sort of thing

Maybe try CJ's in Belltown. If you're going tomorrow, they have early bird specials from 7am - 9am. A good, American-style breakfast, a step up from the dive-y 5 point or Hurricane.

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    I am trying to remember the name of a Thai place that we stumbled into last year that was just amazing. The restaurant was south of Pikes a ways, down near the water (I think off 1st or 2nd). It was a small place with the bar in the back. You go down stairs in the middle of the restaurant and there was a few tables in a small area with a bar on the right side. I MUST find this place again. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

We found it! It was Vietnamese, not Thai and it's called Long Provincial. The food is amazing. Next to Umi, it's probably one of our favorite places to eat in Seattle.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12