As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3] 2014 - Games games and more games!

1939495969799»

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've got plenty of dream announcements I'd like to see from Nintendo, but on the more plausible level, I'm hoping for Majoras' Mask 3D.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Ad campaigns, printing discs, and all that can add up. It's falling prey to sunk cost fallacy to just go ahead and push it out the door since the game is already done,

Sunk cost fallacy doesn't always require you to stop something, merely redefine priority if completion will not get you the desired results it's never a call to just give up, but to realize the value of further time and money invested. I'd say the heavy lifting us definitely done.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    God I love ZombiU...

is there a point it clicks? i literally just started

It's a very, very difficult game. So if you're not into getting killed if you do something wrong then it'll probably never click. I think that once you get to Buckingham Palace then the game starts getting very scary and very good.

I love that it's so tense. I was doing pretty well on my last Hardcore run until I got sloppy and ran through an area I previous cleared, not realizing the game sometimes respawns zombies in previous areas.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2014
    Crayon wrote: »
    Ad campaigns, printing discs, and all that can add up. It's falling prey to sunk cost fallacy to just go ahead and push it out the door since the game is already done,

Sunk cost fallacy doesn't always require you to stop something, merely redefine priority if completion will not get you the desired results it's never a call to just give up, but to realize the value of further time and money invested. I'd say the heavy lifting us definitely done.

Well, if the game is in a completely finished state, they may be waiting to decide if putting it on other platforms instead/as well makes sense financially.

Also, in this day and age, there may be no harm in doing a purely digital release. Lots of games can and should get that treatment, especially when it isn't 100% clear how big or where the market is for the title. Unless there is a cost to release a title on the eShop above and beyond the standard licensing fee, this avoids a lot of the extraneous costs of printing / packing / shipping and lets you take a (smaller) slice of the pie with no real out of pocket.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So Famitsu info has leaked early about Bloodborne.

It's confirmed. The Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 1 A-Team started working on it for PS4 as soon as they were done with Artorias of the Abyss.

And it releases next Spring.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    nintendo stream page is websensed here form work. Is there another live-stream somewhere that might not be blocked? I can check any "secure" sites, (for instance https://www.youtube.com )

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know if Spike is going to be streaming Nintendo's Digital Event? They seemed to be the most stable stream yesterday.

Edit: The link to yesterday's live stream is just playing yesterday's events, so I guess not. Phooey.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if Spike is going to be streaming Nintendo's Digital Event? They seemed to be the most stable stream yesterday.

Doesn't look like it.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Alright, psyched for Nintendo. I don't have a Wii U so I'm mainly hoping for some 3DS news. Majora's Mask would be cool but what I would really love is some SNES and GBA games on the 3DS VC, as unlikely as it may be.

edited June 2014
    Hah, are we going to hit 100 pages just in time for Nintendo's event? Neat.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    New thread is locked and loaded.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Forty five minutes to Ninty event, right? Where is everyone watching it, Nintendo's own page or some stream?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    theres a new thread or no?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I have little interest in getting a Vita. But you tell me I can get a Roku that also plays PS1 and PSP games and that's exiting. I was looking at a Roku or Apple TV but if I can play SotN and FFT and FFVIII and all those other PS1 games then I'm sold.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    PS vita tv in us?

Day. GOD. DAMNED. ONE.

So many jrpgs.......

You just want to touch witches don't you....

Disgaea 3 and 4. Wait..... dragon crown? Dragon crown?!?!?!

(i didnt dont own a vita or a ps3/4) this is a cheap way for me to dabble!

Check the compatibility list. Some games that use the touchscreen are not compatible with Vita TV.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    PS vita tv in us?

Day. GOD. DAMNED. ONE.

So many jrpgs.......

Check the compatibility list. Some games that use the touchscreen are not compatible with Vita TV.

For now. I'm positive that they'll add DS4 support.

• Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    That Rainbow 6 video was pretty cool, but I really hate these fake ass "conversations between the players" that Ubisoft keeps jamming in their trailers. It's just so lame and phoney. They did the same thing on that one Division trailer.

But they're so fun! Me and my mate were laughing our asses off at the division one because it's so overwrought. But at the same time it's not without merit, I mean, we say pretty much all of that stuff while playing. It just sounds really forced on their really clear/basic talks while still crazy immersed.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    PS vita tv in us?

Day. GOD. DAMNED. ONE.

So many jrpgs.......

DC doesn't use touch screen, or at least force you to use it. Or is it because it uses the touch screen at all that makes it unable to run?

I don't know.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    That Rainbow 6 video was pretty cool, but I really hate these fake ass "conversations between the players" that Ubisoft keeps jamming in their trailers. It's just so lame and phoney. They did the same thing on that one Division trailer.

But they're so fun! Me and my mate were laughing our asses off at the division one because it's so overwrought. But at the same time it's not without merit, I mean, we say pretty much all of that stuff while playing. It just sounds really forced on their really clear/basic talks while still crazy immersed.

However, if they did what gamers really talk like, you couldn't put it into a press conference.
    "Something big is coming, I hear a rumble"
    "Is it your Mom?"
    "Shut up *random expletive*"
    "Going in!"
    "FUCK, WAIT"
    "OMG, Noobs"
    "I told you to wait"
    "That's what your Mom told me"

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @Archsorcerer‌
    @urahonky‌
    @mojojoeo‌

Dragon's Crown is compatible with Vita TV or whatever they're calling the American version. I'm not sure where you got that it wasn't.

Some very specific games that require touch screen to play aren't compatible, but as far as I can tell they are in the minority.

joshofalltrades on
    New thread guys. Choo-choo!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    MY GAAAAAAAAAA

This discussion has been closed.