As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are There PAXers near Me? Where Are You From? It's the [attendees map] 2014

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited May 2014 in PAX West
With no further ado... IT'S TIME FOR PAX PRIME!

As @Moe Fwacky and I have done in the past, I have set up a map for us to put our points on and discuss where we are from.

Map! http://www.maptive.com/ver3/paxprime2014

For checking in your area: If people are in the same place very close to one another they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them to find people REALLY close to you!

To get a placemark added to the map
0) Check the map to make sure you aren't already on there! Many people submit early and then forget about it.. then they submit again closer to the show ;)

1) GO HERE: http://www.latlong.net/ and get the decimal latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around and clicking to move the marker. You don't need to make this your actual residence or anything that close to where you live, this is just to get a general idea of who is near who. I personally put in the center of the suburb in which I live.
Note: There are other places to get your lat/long, this one is just super easy and straightforward.

2) Copy the decimal Lat/Long somewhere, or write it down. Make sure you include any minus signs that may be present... this matters A LOT.

3) please submit this handy dandy google form. I'll be compiling the submissions about once per week... ish... into the map itself.

zerzhul on

• Options
    This is also the best place to discuss where you're coming from, and to find others in your area.

I, for one, am currently residing in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We love fries on our sandwiches, salads, and just about anything else. Yuengling beer is available at my house almost 100% of the time. I really should just put a tap into my kitchen for it, next to the sink.

• Options
    ApplezJuiceApplezJuice Modesto, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Reside in Modesto, CA!

Driving up on Thursday morning around 4 AM and will arrive 13-14 hours later in Seattle!

East 2016-
    color=green][b]✓[/b][/color Tickets
    [ ] Find a room
    color=green][b]✓[/b][/color Crying to go already
    [ ] Bar Party
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    Me and my friends live around Banning, CA. We're flying up on Thursday morning and coming back Monday night. It's already 100+ degrees down here so we're looking forward to the Seattle weather, even if it rains.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Proud new Seattleite, only a few blocks from the convention center downtown!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Beaverton/Portland. Only three hours south.

• Options
    DaPaladinDaPaladin Registered User regular
    Bellingham, WA (Not in Canada, just near it)

jparp8146qaj.png
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    Mercerd, CA. I've gone by train and automobile, time to try the plane.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    rahnawynrahnawyn Registered User regular
    I'm also from Bellingham, WA!

(Or well, I will be when I move back up there July 1st... I'm in Vancouver, WA right now.)

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    Mercerd, CA. I've gone by train and automobile, time to try the plane.
    In my opinion, plane is the best way to go if your only aim is to get up there. I can see how carpooling or taking the train with other PAXers could be really fun, but for around $200 I'd rather just get up there quickly and not have to worry about potential automobile issues.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Roseburg, OR Taking the train out of Eugene @0530 hrs on Pre-PAX Thursday

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    portland/ oregon city area! w00t w00t

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This is also the best place to discuss where you're coming from, and to find others in your area.

I, for one, am currently residing in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We love fries on our sandwiches, salads, and just about anything else. Yuengling beer is available at my house almost 100% of the time. I really should just put a tap into my kitchen for it, next to the sink.

Holy shit, Zerzhul. Do you really live in the north hills? I live in millvale. I drive past your mark every day.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Holy shit, Zerzhul. Do you really live in the north hills? I live in millvale. I drive past your mark every day.
    I do totally live in the north hills ;) Moved here in October 2012, bought a house here last summer. I love this place.

• Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    Currently living in Renton, WA. Though my heart will always be in Texas. ^_^

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Anchorage, AK. At least 8 of us from my gaming group are going this year.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Dorchester is in my blood...even though I'm now in the burbs. Where are all my NE peeps at!?!

• Options
    updated! We've already got 27 folks on the map :)

• Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    im on the map! yaaaaay

• Options
    SantODiablO83SantODiablO83 Registered User regular
    Coming from Denver, CO here. I'll update the map when I get back to my PC!

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    Thanks for updating the map so quickly. It's always interesting to see the end-result just before PAX begins.

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    CaptaimManiCaptaimMani Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    Lacey, WA. *-*
    Let's hope I don't have to drive back and forth this year!

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Seattle's U-District; Earls on the Ave. My pub, my life, my second home. Cheers!

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    RowwieRowwie CanadaRegistered User regular
    Any other Canadian Vancouverites going down (other than myself and five friends...)?

Prime 2011- Vintage Nintendo
    Prime 2012- Melisandre (GoT)
    Prime 2013- Regular nerd attire
    Prime 2014- Aurin Esper from WIldstar + Vintage Chell
    Prime 2015- Splatoon Inkling + Dream Sequence Bee + Aurin Esper + Vintage Chell
    Prime2016- Handmade nerdy dresses (cosplay break)

• Options
    kestrelbeekestrelbee Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Rowwie wrote: »
    Any other Canadian Vancouverites going down (other than myself and five friends...)?

Myself, my boyfriend and three of our friends will be taking the train down from Vancouver on Thursday morning.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Oklahoma. Thought about waiting for PAX South, but I already had the time off and I'd love another excuse to visit Seattle. (Nothing against San Antonio, but that place has a similar vibe to where I'm at now.)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    istoleyourfoodistoleyourfood Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Me and my friends live around Banning, CA. We're flying up on Thursday morning and coming back Monday night. It's already 100+ degrees down here so we're looking forward to the Seattle weather, even if it rains.

I'm in Palm Desert, CA and I couldn't agree more!

istoleyourfood on
  • Options
    2spock2spock Registered User regular
    Aloha/Beaverton Oregon here. Wouldn't say there is a bunch of stuff here. other than the Nike world HQ

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Pacific, Washington here. Still looking for people to carpool with each day.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    TeamVenture89TeamVenture89 Registered User new member
    Kansas City, Missouri. I'll be flying in as trains and cars would take way too long.

• Options
    Bob20021Bob20021 Registered User regular
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota reporting in!!

• Options
    Noah GabrielNoah Gabriel Registered User new member
    Houston, Texas - flying in Friday and leaving Tuesday - this will be my excuse for visiting Seattle as well. anyone know of any guided tours?

• Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    Houston, Texas - flying in Friday and leaving Tuesday - this will be my excuse for visiting Seattle as well. anyone know of any guided tours?
    There will be plenty! Check the forums for a whole list of stuff you can visit and do. ^_^

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    The_ZephThe_Zeph Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Memphis, Tennessee checking in. Looks like i'm one of the few and the proud(?) from the south.

The_Zeph on
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    From Iowa, but currently living in Provo, Utah.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    ChargerHawkChargerHawk Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    From Iowa, but currently living in Provo, Utah.

Fellow Iowan here! Cedar Rapids area for me and my friends who are attending, what area are you originally from?

We're flying out of Iowa at 7:00am through Minneapolis, so with the 2 time zones we'll pick up and short layover, we'll be in Seattle at 10:30am Thursday! Pretty pumped to have most of the day Thursday to see the sites of Seattle before PAX begins.

• Options
    madtygermadtyger Lover of Bricks Side 3Registered User regular
    From California originally, but now I live in Sequim, WA. Yay me. -_- At least it's a lot easier to get to PAX now!

• Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Vancouver BC getting train in early Wednesday AM Leaving Sept 1st

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    2spock wrote: »
    Aloha/Beaverton Oregon here. Wouldn't say there is a bunch of stuff here. other than the Nike world HQ

You sir are forgetting Intel, and NVIDIA.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Portland OR :)

This discussion has been closed.