As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SATA drives

clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just had to reinstall Win XP Pro, and now it is not recognizing my Maxtor 240 gig hard drive.

- I have updated XP as far as it goes via Windows Update
- I've installed the SATA drives from my motherboard disc (an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe)
- Device Manager recognizes it, but as a SCSI drive, but nothing shows up in my computer.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

clsCorwin on

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you partition/format the drive?

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management

See if it says something like 240GB Unallocated for your drive. If so, right click on it, New Partition and follow the step by step instructions to get you through.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This drive was in use before and was partioned as NTFS and has about 100 gigs worth of data on it currently. Formatting now would be very bad.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    But nevermind, just had to "Import foreign drive" from disk management. Solved, thanks.

clsCorwin on