As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Vigil's Theme, still giving us chills after all these years.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I'm sure if I get a hurricane I'll toss the blood pack punisher over my shoulder.

At the moment it's my shiniest toy.

All my comments should be filtered through that context.

Remember when you went through and unlocked everything?

Hi!

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Eh, you have a Reegar fairly early in your multi career. That counts for a lot.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    "Yes", he said with quiet satisfaction. "Yes it does."

However I would like a solid ranged backup that isn't a sniper rifle because I suck at sniper rifles. I'm, like, okay, but ask me to snap shot and I'll snap not.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    none of the 'long-range' weapons are really that good anyway though (unless the harrier counts as long ranged I guess)

better off just going with a power class if you don't wanna be in stuff's face all the time

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    none of the 'long-range' weapons are really that good anyway though (unless the harrier counts as long ranged I guess)

better off just going with a power class if you don't wanna be in stuff's face all the time

if you exclude sniper rifles, then yeah, long range weapons don't perform that well.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    long range just isn't much of a thing

if the enemies are far away, that just means there's probably a spawn behind you

• Options
    edited September 2014
    you guys are so literal

longer range than the reegar

shit dhal i just watched you obliterate with the harrier

you are the primary reason i want the gun

nothing will dissuade me from wanting it

nothing

and when i get it, my ghost will be complete

*goes back to tattooing "Harrier" on his arm*

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular

Javelin? Kishok? Widow/Black Widow?

All solid in my opinion.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm sure the sniper rifles can be quite good, but I've never been great with sniper rifles. The headshot thing messes me up. Maybe if I cared to practice at all.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I'm sure the sniper rifles can be quite good, but I've never been great with sniper rifles. The headshot thing messes me up. Maybe if I cared to practice at all.

The Valiant, if you can get it, doesn't really need headshots to put out big numbers.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Yep. His sal infiltrator had 100 000 + points last gold game I saw him use the valiant in.

• Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

The Valiant, if you can get it, doesn't really need headshots to put out big numbers.

Salarian is the only infiltrator I care to snipe with anymore, and the Valiant is a lot of fun on him. It's not quite as strong as the Black Widow, but the rate of fire and reload speed more than make up for it.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I really need to use my harrier and valient more often.

I think both are level five and my crazy brain won'tet me use things that are not X, even though they are probably better.

Stoopid brain.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i ran the valiant on the geth engineer for a while and it felt like playing the game at super speed

boomboomboomclickboomboomboomclickboomboomboomclickboomboomboomcli

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If you don't need a stun to get headshots, the Valiant is fantastic on everybody.

Rapid fire, pretty acccurate (a little bit innacurate as sniper rifles go), and the reload time is trivial.

Lovely gun.

• Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Yeah, my first SP runthrough was my Infiltrator, and when I picked up the Valiant I was like "Why would I ever use any other gun again?"

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    valiant is basically the ME2 viper reborn

:D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeah, my first SP runthrough was my Infiltrator, and when I picked up the Valiant I was like "Why would I ever use any other gun again?"

As if the gun wasn't amazing enough, it also folds up/expands in an awesome way.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Valiant is fun, but I don't really snipe anymore.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I think someone at Bioware just fucking loves shotguns a lot.

You wanna snipe? Shotgun!

Wanna rapid fire? Shotgun!

Wanna be a mage and shoot lightning? Shotgun

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I think someone at Bioware just fucking loves shotguns a lot.

You wanna snipe? Shotgun!

Wanna rapid fire? Shotgun!

Wanna be a mage and shoot lightning? Shotgun
    2007-12-29-065.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I do actually approve of this and if I could equip two shotguns at the same time I would be, fundamentally, at my core, a truly happy man.

Sadly this cannot be.

For example, Bayonetta? She's got a pair of nunchucks.
    They are shotgun-chucks.

They are beautiful.

I also mained the shotgun in Vanquish. It was my workhorse. It was the solution to almost all lifes problems.
    For everything else I had ranged weapons.

Which is what I plan to use the harrier for.

I finally had a proper look at that spreadsheet.

I did not realise the mattock is that good.

Maybe I'll just get over my dislike of mashing the trigger button. Hmm.

Oh hey, starting up the game for more multi, and I'm up to 100 hours played.

Very few of those hours have been in singleplayer.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Is anyone still playing multi on 360? I've just started up again after a yearlong gap or so. I'm having fun but very sad about pubbies.
    And has the RNG gotten more generous? The first few Reserves packs I bought gave me an N7 Shadow, a Geth Juggernaut, and a Krogan Warlord.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    Is anyone still playing multi on 360? I've just started up again after a yearlong gap or so. I'm having fun but very sad about pubbies.
    And has the RNG gotten more generous? The first few Reserves packs I bought gave me an N7 Shadow, a Geth Juggernaut, and a Krogan Warlord.

Meeeee

I'm not on as much as I used to, but I still fire it up every now and then.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I'm up for some gaem right now.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm up for some gaem right now.
    oh you're online in origin

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    sorry for dropping like that, had to take that call

also this is the end of a 14 hour day for me, so i'm gonna call it a night here

good to see you're growing and thriving!

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    well

that was intense

• Options
    edited September 2014

you know that gold game you left?
    round 7
    well i solo finished
    and then after everyone died
    i solo finished 8
    i solo finished 9
    and then in 10 a banshee insta grabbed me because i was too exhausted to do anything

:)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I did not realise the mattock is that good.

My mainstay is Turian Soldier with Mattock, though Ghost Infiltrator is probably a great way to use it too

• Options
    Yeah I went back to widow/black widow after I remembered how much I hate clicking.

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    lodger wrote: »

I'm still around. It's been ages since I've played in a team game so I'll probably need to readjust to lag, but if you need a teammate send me a note. Live account is Phenix138.

• Options

you know that gold game you left?
    round 7
    well i solo finished
    i solo finished 8
    i solo finished 9
    and then in 10 a banshee insta grabbed me because i was too exhausted to do anything

:)

well done sir B)

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    starting up a lobby for some games, if anyone wants to participate!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Yep. His sal infiltrator had 100 000 + points last gold game I saw him use the valiant in.

So back when Bioware was updating this game, they had weekend events where you were guaranteed a reward if you did the event of either one gun from a special category (which no longer exists) or an upgrade to one of them you already had. This included Valiant, Hurricane, and Eagle. You missed out...

• Options
    You can still get the former weekend event guns - they are normal URs.

• Options
    I have the valiant. I don't have a piercing mod for it.

I only have piercing for shotgun and assault rifle.

Everything special is now available through packs.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hey guys! Had a hankering to play something but wasn't sure what, then remembered that I still hadn't gotten around to playing any of the DLC despite buying it all like... 18-24 months ago, haha.

Just finished Omega and man, this game is just so goddamn good. Been counting it among my top 3 of all time, but I almost forgot how much of a blast it is to play.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »
    Hey guys! Had a hankering to play something but wasn't sure what, then remembered that I still hadn't gotten around to playing any of the DLC despite buying it all like... 18-24 months ago, haha.

Just finished Omega and man, this game is just so goddamn good. Been counting it among my top 3 of all time, but I almost forgot how much of a blast it is to play.

you need to play more MP again then

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Haha oh man, I am sorely tempted. I'm definitely super rusty though, died a couple of times on single player!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
This discussion has been closed.