As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm a OLD [Witcher Thread], no longer in use. post in the new one.

19495969798100»

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    I liked the guys in the Baron's basement:

Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
    Maynard: Gimp's sleeping.
    Zed: Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

i went in there looking for the gimp, given the detail going on in this game i was surprised i couldn't find any trace of him.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Played my first Ciri mission. Was kind of a let down.

Isn't she supposed to be some sort of demigod sorceress witcher god queen? All I got to play with in that mission was a teleporting dash thing.

She's different for sure but found myself wanting to get back to Geralt and his rugged badass cyncism.

No? And using her powers attracts the Wild Hunt, anyway.
    She's got a pretty impressive resume in her character bio. Might have overhyped her for me.

I assumed she was a potential sorceress based on it sounding like she could wield magic (that source thing). Is there some reason in the books that was told why she never officially became a Witcher? Seeing as how she doesn't have the crazy eyes.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Isn't she supposed to be some sort of demigod sorceress witcher god queen? All I got to play with in that mission was a teleporting dash thing.

She's different for sure but found myself wanting to get back to Geralt and his rugged badass cyncism.

She's got a pretty impressive resume in her character bio. Might have overhyped her for me.

I assumed she was a potential sorceress based on it sounding like she could wield magic (that source thing). Is there some reason in the books that was told why she never officially became a Witcher? Seeing as how she doesn't have the crazy eyes.

The trial of the grasses is lost knowledge. Vesimer is the oldest living witcher and he doesn't have a clue how to make new ones.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Raiden333 wrote: »

The trial of the grasses is lost knowledge. Vesimer is the oldest living witcher and he doesn't have a clue how to make new ones.
    Ah, that makes more sense then as to why Geralt was actually training her instead of saying "like hell you are!".

I think they mentioned something like that at the start of the first game in the fortress but I forgot all about it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Whoever was talking about facial expressions and non verbal communication being on point are so right, by the way. Geralt gives such a monumental amount of side-eye here.

Every time I accept a banal sounding side mission, the slight droop in Geralt's shoulders tells me I've killed him a little more inside.

My favorite has to be a scene where Geralt watches a bard perform and perform beautifully at that but Geralt looks like a kid that's been dragged to his boring aunt's house and just cannot get into it.

I think my favorite of those is during the mission where you have to talk to the pellar for help, and he wants you to find his goat first. The drooping of his shoulders annoyed sigh Geralt gives before he says "Fine." is so good. I love playing an annoyed, but decent guy who wants to help.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    "War....war never changes."
    My new favorite peasant npc.

There's actually an NPC later that has a much better adaptation of that line, which is still clearly an obvious throwback to Fallout...
    "War...war changes everything"

I grinned ear to ear when I heard that.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    NEW THREAD. a mod can lock this thread if a mod wishes to.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/198511/im-a-witcher-thread-not-a-gigolo

because i didnt want to wait until this page filled up before booting the game up and forgetting about it. :|

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    I wanted to go with a signs build but the griffin armor is my least favorite of the witcher armors. Urg.

The enhanced armor gives I think 25% sign intensity. At level 15 taking it all of brought me down to a horrid 90% sign intensity (still wearing medium armor for perk bonus). The monster damage reduction is nice, but overall aesthetics and being able to slot more gems in other crafted armor made me go with other pieces mixing and matching.
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I've had a few scattered bits of things moving around like from wind when they probably shouldn't like an overly jangling wolf medallion in a conversation while standing still, or Tamara's hair only half loading in then suddenly popping in. Stuff like that. Pretty minor. The ladder was starting to worry me.

Oh I also worked through a area completely backwards due to likely a bug letting me jump onto a closed drawbridge and tiptoeing around the tiny ledge to the other side instead of progressing into the place from the entrance in the water.
    If you're talking about the Lighthouse with the Wyvern, what is hilarious about the videos showing people "terrain glitching" into the Light House from the side. . .is that the entrance is literally right next to the Place of Power, making the glitching kind of not needed (there are no enemies in the underwater entrance).
    I did the "jumping across and climbing over the closed drawbridge" there too because I had no idea there was an underwater entrance, but when I went down there, there were a couple drowners guarding it.

Yea. I think a LOT of people didn't read that:
    The crossbow is used underwater to murder them. Makes that area very nerve wracking to try otherwise.

I can only imagine how many people went full Game Grumps with underwater encounters - skipping the tutorial message, followed by repeatedly dying to underwater enemies and concluding with blaming the game.

Or not getting the tutorial until they were 40 hours in even though they'd been in the water a number of times already. As was my case.

Luckily I just asked somebody after the first time.

I didn't get the message until I was jumping off my horse at one point doing some bloody baron quest. Which confused me since I was fighting deserters at the time.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    Is there a map legend somewhere? I saw some whirlwind symbol on the minimap that doesn't show up on the main map and I don't know what it is. I'd go check it out but it's apparently underground and I've got things to do before running a mile to find an entrance.
    Monger wrote: »
    -I don't know what sort of unsavory acts I have to perform to get red mutagens, but I will do them. Right here, even. Right now. Let's do this. Get your pants off. All of you.

Ten, twenty green or blue mutagens, your choice! Just one lesser red mutagen, m'sirs! Please!
    40 hours. I have 2 lesser reds.

I will beg and feel no shame in it.
    Fiends are the most likely to drop reds.

There's a spot at the south end of the swamps in Velen (you know the ones) where fiends will spawn (and respawn) and can be farmed to your heart's content. These aren't easy fights, but getting a greater red mutagen is pretty paramount for Witchers who've specialized in physicality.

Hopefully they'll patch in a fix to make red mutagens drop more frequently from the handful of monsters that can drop them.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The witching hour is over.

Geth, close the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.