As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm a OLD [Witcher Thread], no longer in use. post in the new one.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    What is the "default" condition of Adda in Witcher 2?

Basically, sounds like, if I can find a good synopsis of 1, maybe one that gives me some of that lore, skipping straight to Witcher 2 makes the most sense.

Now, the question is, do I replay DA:O and DA:2 in prep for DA:I, finish Expeditions: Conquistador, finish Tropico 5, play Might and Magic X, or start my Witcher journey. So many games, so little time.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    DA isn't going to have direct imports, it's going to be that website thingy (which hopefully we'll get details about at e3)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    What is the "default" condition of Adda in Witcher 2?

Basically, sounds like, if I can find a good synopsis of 1, maybe one that gives me some of that lore, skipping straight to Witcher 2 makes the most sense.

Now, the question is, do I replay DA:O and DA:2 in prep for DA:I, finish Expeditions: Conquistador, finish Tropico 5, play Might and Magic X, or start my Witcher journey. So many games, so little time.

W1 spoiler
    By default she's dead

There's some other stuff I thought but looking at this there aren't really that many:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Saved_game_import

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    DA isn't going to have direct imports, it's going to be that website thingy (which hopefully we'll get details about at e3)

I thought it was both? They were developing the website thingy for people who play on console and hence never had a 1 or 2.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

I thought it was both? They were developing the website thingy for people who play on console and hence never had a 1 or 2.

i'm pretty sure the entire DA series made it to the consoles....

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Collectors Edition pre-ordered.
    When I saw the DA: Inquisition collectors edition I was disappointed. So with The Witcher 3's looking much better, and slightly cheaper I couldn't resist.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options

i'm pretty sure the entire DA series made it to the consoles....

Maybe it's a next gen thing? No clue. Anyway, that's a DA discussion. My comment about which game was more just a written musing.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I'm getting to the point where I just tell people to skip the first game altogether

It's a great game in a lot of ways but between enormous jank and the sex card thing I have trouble recommending it to most people

Witcher 2 is where the whole thing really gets off the ground

I had a playthrough going in the first game a while back wanting to get an imported save for a second/third run through the Witcher 2. Running through with a sign focus just burning stuff to death en masse bypasses a lot of the clunkiness.

That said, it's certainly not necessary to go through the first game. But I'm hesitant to write it off too quickly since it shows that Triss isn't necessarily a close to Geralt as the 2nd game may make you think and what they did with the main villain was just so great.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    triss in witcher 1 does save your ass to be fair

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options

The two still have a professional relationship. Or possibly a stalkerish one on Triss's part if you happened to pick Shani over her.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Didn't Triss like, exploit Geralt's amnesia wiping Yennefer out of his mind to shack up with him? Or something like that?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Fuck it. I'm reinstalling W2. I'm gonna melt my new GPU and go the Roche path this time.

Hell maybe I'll take the steam streaming for a spin and play it from the couch!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Didn't Triss like, exploit Geralt's amnesia wiping Yennefer out of his mind to shack up with him? Or something like that?

no mind-wiping, but she did insert herself neatly as the 'sorceress he couldn't recall'

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    I liked alchemy more in Witcher 1 than in 2. Also, Witcher 2's UI was kind of balls.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I liked alchemy more in Witcher 1 than in 2. Also, Witcher 2's UI was kind of balls.

I still have nightmares about trying to delete saved games.

• Options
    Igpx407 wrote: »

wasn't each one about 20 MB? insanely large

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Oh yeah, geez, let's hope they pared down that save system. I think I had like 2 gigs of saves when I checked.
    no mind-wiping, but she did insert herself neatly as the 'sorceress he couldn't recall'

Right, that was ambiguous but that's what I meant: she "exploited his [amnesia wiping Yennefer out] to shack up."

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    To me, she always felt like she was forced on Geralt in both games. It's kind of made me dislike the character abit.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

This is basically what happened, yeah, and it's messed up

But on the other hand, it's implied that Triss confesses the entire thing to him near the start of Chapter 1 in Witcher 2, and the player gets to decide how he handles it a bit later on

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    By sleeping with anything that walks?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    By sleeping with anything that walks?

And some that levitate.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Only to stop you from making out with another chick.

Why you gotta play me like that, girl? Geez. I ain't put no ring on it.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »

wasn't each one about 20 MB? insanely large

and having lots of saves lagged out the menu because of loading the screenshots it took.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Wooo... finally watched the trailer. Thanks for making it awkward for me at work.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Prima Games will publish the official game guides for The Witcher 3. Prima Games’ official guide line-up for The Witcher 3 includes a hardcover collector’s edition guide, a softcover guide version, a comprehensive, mobile-friendly digital guide, and an iBook.

Prima’s official The Witcher 3 guides will be written by veteran guide writer and gaming expert, David SJ Hodgson. Hodgson is known for his best-selling strategy guides for Watch_Dogs, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, and dozens more.

“I am both honored and excited to be writing the official Witcher 3 strategy guide,” says author David Hodgson. “I can promise meticulous attention to detail, copious maps and guidance no matter what gameplay decisions are made, and aim to leave no stone unturned (and no Griffin un-bludgeoned), in my quest to provide a worthy tome for fans of the game and series.”

The Prima guides will feature complete coverage for all main and side quests as well as highly-detailed maps with locations of all points of interest. More details will be released in the days and weeks to come, as well as final artwork for the collector’s edition guide.

Sign-up now to get notified as soon as we post more details on The Witcher 3!

For those who love guides.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Wooo... finally watched the trailer. Thanks for making it awkward for me at work.

Because of the erection?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Because of the erection?

Yes Doc. Yes.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Also if you haven't, read the books.

They're fantastic, you'll figure out who "she" is and gain a whole new appreciation for what the Wild Hunt is.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

They're fantastic, you'll figure out who "she" is and gain a whole new appreciation for what the Wild Hunt is.

I am super excited to see her here. If only to see what Triss' reaction is going to be when they inevitably meet.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

I am super excited to see her here. If only to see what Triss' reaction is going to be when they inevitably meet.

i think it's a different her they're talking about
    ciri

still, drama will abound :D

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    wait wait wai

NO FUCKING WAY SHE'S IN THERE!?

I will buy the collectors edition if she's in. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

• Options
    wait wait wai

She was the white haired one who turned up while Tywin was talking.

• Options
    oh wow, I thought that was Yennifer. I was puzzled as to why her hair was white but put that down to where she had been. Oh lord, this game is gonna end me financially.

Did anyone buy the Witcher 2 on the consoles? Wondering if they gave PC keys with those versions.

• Options
    Yennefer was standing behind Geralt and next to Triss in a later shot.

• Options
    Clearly, I need to watch t he trailer when not high on paint fumes.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    What uh... what's all this then about horse training?

• Options
    Well there are horses. From the sounds of it, you can train them to race. Maybe more.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Yes, yes I see. I want to do that.

• Options
    wait wait wai

looks like you're buying the collector's edition :p

also, stopped by a local gamestop (ugh) to pick up a poster that's got 3 badass-looking wild hunt lieutenants on it. pretty cool!

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Brew wrote: »
    From that trailer:
    It must take a lot of effort to hang that guy... just think of the logistics. Must have been one bad criminal!
    s6zhRRO.png

It's a warning.

It's like gibbets out the front of the harbor. It took a lot of effort to row those guys out and stick em in those cages.

Medieval punishment was seriously inventive.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
This discussion has been closed.