As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 gets worse and worse

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Getting a nosebleed in the middle of a classroom is pretty crappy.

Not as bad as ebola, but maybe almost as bad???

Actually abrupt widespread hemorrhaging is one of the disease's trademark symptoms. You should get that checked.
    Oh god, I'm sorry. :D

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    rip moriveth

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I call dibs on mori's stuff

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Getting a nosebleed in the middle of a classroom is pretty crappy.

Not as bad as ebola, but maybe almost as bad???

Actually abrupt widespread hemorrhaging is one of the disease's trademark symptoms. You should get that checked.
    Oh god, I'm sorry. :D

Man, then I've probably had Ebola for like the past twenty years. What a slow-ass disease!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    2014 just became the worst year of my life so far. Someone I don't know just commented "to-wit to-whoo" on a picture.

It took me a couple of seconds, then I figured out they meant *wolfwhistle*.

I don't know how I can go on anymore...

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Isn't "to-wit to-woo" s catchphrase of an owl in some children's book? Narnia, or Book of Merlin, or Winnie the Pooh, or Alice in Wonderland, or something?

I read a lot of books with anthropomorphic talking animals is what I'm saying. I don't know if one of them actually said it or if I'm just projecting some false memory onto the sentence, but for some reason I associate the phrasing with talking owls.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Po-tee-weet?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Isn't "to-wit to-woo" s catchphrase of an owl in some children's book? Narnia, or Book of Merlin, or Winnie the Pooh, or Alice in Wonderland, or something?

I read a lot of books with anthropomorphic talking animals is what I'm saying. I don't know if one of them actually said it or if I'm just projecting some false memory onto the sentence, but for some reason I associate the phrasing with talking owls.

Nope, I thought the same thing too

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    'woop-woo' fits the whistle better. Not perfectly though.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    are you thinking of the tootsie pop owl's "wu-hun, tuh-hoo"?

because that's what i thought of

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    The summer of 2014 can go fuck itself

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The summer of 2014 has been the best in my living memory, in terms of actual summer, not events. I'm finding it hard to be too mad at this year to be honest.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Now there is abrupt suspicious silence. Why? I'm probably going to get murdered now.

You object to Bollywood, you'll be real sorry... Wood

Scott Pilgrim had the best Bollywood song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQFz0oPvEU

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Everybody invest in a decent car jack

30-50 bucks is so worth it to never have to fuck around with those god awful factory jacks you have kill yourself twisting open by hand

Buy a damn jack, and a set of chassis stands. Minimum cash outlay for maximum safety and ability to actually do shit to your car.

Changing a flat is actually simple as shit if you follow a set of steps.

1: Set parking brake and chock opposite wheel.
    2: Crack wheel nuts (loosen them about half a turn).
    3: Jack corner of car up high enough that wheel comes off ground. Set chassis stands to make car safe.
    4: Take off dead wheel.
    5: Offer up good wheel, wind wheel nuts/bolts in by hand.
    6: Tighten wheel nuts/bolts in a star pattern.
    7: Lower car back onto wheels.

8: Fuck off to the tyre shop and have your flat fixed/replaced.

It's really quite simple, and as long as you're not scared of getting a little brake dust/road grime on your hands, it's no problem at all. (use dishwashing liquid and a scouring pad to clean your hands)

Alternately

1. Call AAA and make it their problem since you've already paid for roadside assistance

And you an engineer.

Usagi is Scotty and tynic is Geordi

And now it's a party
    Green Russians for all?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Green Russians?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    2014 just became the worst year of my life so far. Someone I don't know just commented "to-wit to-whoo" on a picture.

It took me a couple of seconds, then I figured out they meant *wolfwhistle*.

I don't know how I can go on anymore...

Aw come on, you're worth at least a vigorous Oo-da-lolly

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Green Russians?

Absinthe and Milk

• Options
    Green Russians?

Absinthe and Milk

Why ruin a perfectly good glass of milk?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

It's from a pop up book about Dragon's Gold

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Everybody invest in a decent car jack

30-50 bucks is so worth it to never have to fuck around with those god awful factory jacks you have kill yourself twisting open by hand

Buy a damn jack, and a set of chassis stands. Minimum cash outlay for maximum safety and ability to actually do shit to your car.

Changing a flat is actually simple as shit if you follow a set of steps.

1: Set parking brake and chock opposite wheel.
    2: Crack wheel nuts (loosen them about half a turn).
    3: Jack corner of car up high enough that wheel comes off ground. Set chassis stands to make car safe.
    4: Take off dead wheel.
    5: Offer up good wheel, wind wheel nuts/bolts in by hand.
    6: Tighten wheel nuts/bolts in a star pattern.
    7: Lower car back onto wheels.

8: Fuck off to the tyre shop and have your flat fixed/replaced.

It's really quite simple, and as long as you're not scared of getting a little brake dust/road grime on your hands, it's no problem at all. (use dishwashing liquid and a scouring pad to clean your hands)

Alternately

1. Call AAA and make it their problem since you've already paid for roadside assistance

And you an engineer.

Usagi is Scotty and tynic is Geordi

why would you do that to poor tynic, what did she ever do to you

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Green Russians?

Absinthe and Milk

Why ruin a perfectly good glass of milk?
    It's a drink from Archer that Pam invented. Either her or the Russian (?) guy she was drinking with.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So some rich assholes crashed a plane on the beach in my hometown, killing a man and his daughter. The man's 7th wedding anniversary was Sunday.

The thing is, the airport is literally right next to the beach, and there is a lot of grass to make an emergency landing on. Or you could land in the water, which is about 4 feet deep. But nope! Let's ignore those two options and land right on the beach, needlessly endangering beachgoers.

I hope they go to prison for a long time.

p.s. the airport is also where Mohammed Atta and some of his pals learned how to fly, so it's always wonderful news when another terrible thing happens. Fuck 2014.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    So some rich assholes crashed a plane on the beach in my hometown, killing a man and his daughter. The man's 7th wedding anniversary was Sunday.

The thing is, the airport is literally right next to the beach, and there is a lot of grass to make an emergency landing on. Or you could land in the water, which is about 4 feet deep. But nope! Let's ignore those two options and land right on the beach, needlessly endangering beachgoers.

p.s. the airport is also where Mohammed Atta and some of his pals learned how to fly, so it's always wonderful news when another terrible thing happens. Fuck 2014.

Yeah the family is from Georgia so I saw this in my news feed too. It's a horrible tragedy!

I'm curious as to how close to the man and his daughter the plane touched-down seeing as how they didn't have enough warning to get out of the way.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I literally just walked face first into a pole at work... Broke my glasses and cut my eyelid.

Man do I feel dumb. I just wasn't watching where I was going.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    So, is there any reason we shouldn't all be terrified about the spread of Ebola now that air travel can spread disease like wildfire?

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Yeah the family is from Georgia so I saw this in my news feed too. It's a horrible tragedy!

I'm curious as to how close to the man and his daughter the plane touched-down seeing as how they didn't have enough warning to get out of the way.

I read they aren't sure if they were hit by debris or the plane.

Also, it's not like you'd expect a plane to hit you while walking on the beach. People get hit by trains because they didn't hear them and they're walking on train tracks where one would expect a train.

• Options
    Kolosus wrote: »
    So, is there any reason we shouldn't all be terrified about the spread of Ebola now that air travel can spread disease like wildfire?

As long as Madagascar is untouched we still win

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

As long as Madagascar is untouched we still win

Played last week on hard mode with some friends

So many little cubes, so little time! We succeeded with one turn to go on the deck!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's hard to get on a plane with blood pouring from every orifice. And the incubation period is very short.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Welp, after jumping through a million hoops and going in for a day-long in-person interview, just found out I didn't get the grad school scholarship I pretty much need if I want to go to grad school. I still have one more option, but this was pretty much my best shot at getting my life moving in a positive direction again.

Fuck 2014.

• Options
    you can always take out heeeellllllaaaaa loans.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If ebola were airborne, yes, but fortunately it's not. The problem with the current outbreak is it's spread out over a large area so they're having difficulty containing with the limited resources they have. With more resources it would be less of a problem, so if it ever got into a western country somehow, they would have that on lockdown.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    It's hard to get on a plane with blood pouring from every orifice. And the incubation period is very short.

Isn't the incubation period anywhere from 6 to 21 days?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Also being terrified achieves nothing but giving you a stress headache so maybe wait until your loved ones are gushing blood before you give in to panic.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I watched some documentary on Ebola as a kid, of the 'if it ever gets to an airport, everybody dies!' variety, which really freaked me out at the time - despite being in no way close to anything remotely Ebola-ish. I think I have a touch of that still, though, so I'm pretty much okay with us shooting anyone, at any airport, that looks remotely unwell.

On a more personal fuck 2014 level, I just found some utterly rancid onions in my pantry, and when I moved the container they were in, it leaked and spilled a red fluid all over my floor. Presumably some manner of onion-fluid, but judging by the smell, it was actually a kind of onion/tuna hybrid-fluid that had been left to ferment in Satan's asshole. On a hot day.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Everything about that post was unpleasant.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    If it wasn't absolutely clear, the tone wasn't meant to be serious on the 'shoot everyone' front. Like, at all. I thought that was clear, but maybe not.

Still unhappy about the onions, though.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Hey Grislo, you wanna watch 12 monkeys with me?

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I have bizarre assignments for university that require me to watch 8 hours of reality tv and blog about it. Start and use twitter and a weird scoop not tumblr account.

This is coming from someone who averages a post a week maybe.

Oh and the content of the lecture is just weird Al's mission statement.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

I don't know if they do it in Africa but in 3rd world parts of Asia they scan your body temperature without consent and will not let you on board a plane if they think you have ANYTHING, much less Ebola

This discussion has been closed.